force leveling system

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

force leveling system

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:50 am

good clip with a slightly different take, one that I agree with...

"yi and qi is the bullet" very nice ;)

A lot of what people question in demos explained
very clearly by this teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsBJRTPPJc
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: force leveling system

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:57 am

the caption

"Anthony Yap
Published on Jan 19, 2019"

Do you know the experience of this image? Actually is the center, He completes a measurement value. So as when you practicing, every time in your training each of your postures, you see! Always said…Say what this sentence that is “FORCE LEVELING SYSTEM”. What is LEVELING?

That is Scales, in each movement is the scale moving. What is shifting? Shift our body center point, look at this when I move, What is the actual? Look! Sinking shoulder and elbow.....shoulder and elbow. Balance on the center of gravity, you still flexible....still can flexible. It flow from where? This shoulder flowing, to the other shoulder. After finish flowing look at this time postured, it’s ready! Now INTENTION, QI... is the key point. So now when an action is done, what’s we add in? As everyone said we must “EXTERNAL THREE COOPERATION”.

Shoulder and waist, Hand and foot, elbow and knee, after placed, the “EXTERNAL THREE COOPERATION” Cooperated. When you release it, it will be "INNER THREE COOPERATION”

You do every action the same, Look at it.... come back! Every action is the same, you see! Actually it is here start transform, you see coming here later. Look, his pushed over here, Up to this step, transform now. Transformed, transform to upper part, this hand (Left) is fixed. If you reach here still keep pushing (Left) then this is “HARD HAND”.

Therefore, it is "YANG" (Positive) move and "YIN" static, Remember this main point. YANG move, YIN is static. In our push hands it mean like this too. In our push hands it mean like this too YANG move, YIN is static.

Everyone watching, so when this hand is covered, it is “static”.Don't use it to push! When I want to hit him it’s my YI, QI. YI, QI! YI, QI. Don't mind him, your finger... When your finger touched him, you look at your own finger. You look at your fingers and like your lips self-merging, where got so many word! No need request his hand to touch up and down, Grab people to fight, No need to. Like this, Wherever, Wherever all accurate, wherever all accurate, wherever all accurate, so in your normal practicing, do it like this.

That mean handle the principle, don’t worry about how his hand presses on you, you push...push...push. It’s here equal to pushing you incite to JIN, The one who push not much benefit, Pushed by others learn faster. Pushed by others learn faster, so we stop here, See it? You see at here, awhile SPLITTED (LIE) him, you see, Can you see it? You see, Every time he “LU” Ignore him, just shocking JIN, so every time you much be vanguard, when he want to push you don’t against him.

Retreat!Wait for power timing finished then push back, Place it, any placement can FA (Push). You are faster than him, besides you just use a finger. See, you always hear say a finger HIT OUT INCH POWER.

Place and holding out then in, this is power point, what is INCH POWER? Touching theory. Place on, same as the tip of the finger, He takes fast, the same. All this principle, all this principle, so where ever he touch, touched...you see! Now FA (explode), His gives his hand to you this is a very big principle in it, Equal to you using his hand completely. Don't think that he is pushing you

He helps you! Help you overcome your weak point, understand? So he punched, Pushed up to here, You grab here, Push hand...distance…speed. Look at this, There is no distance in the shape, there is a distance in my heart. Distance in your heart, understand? Look at it, after this touch, its finished open. No more power? This YANG is moving first, when head move, Can you blocking it? Head....Do you know? Here this is something you can't think of, here. The head move, foot back first, the teacher say

Talk about the word “ASSIST”. Forward, Backward…MIND, EXPECT, STABLE. After his hand blocking at me, no point, so you are not using your hand to push, you take your heart to push, here, you see! Here has a distance, here has a distance, see my hand, and he touched my hand. This step method, Look at my back of my body, look! When I move, just a move “Tango”, You See! He did blocked, Just a move, see “Tango”, when it is moving “Tango”, a move “Tango”.

So if your hand after touching by the other party
It’s confrontation! Soft! Trance! Or Intermittent! You handle this Gong Fu knowledge, so you hand need to be light. To fall other, what you push is the way, you see! Inside here! You see, this is internally.Can't see from the outside, what you see from outside are all fake. It’s all fake, you see !Real one no action yet, that is the bullet inside, When you holding the gun and fight, that is fooled.

Can't fight like that, use the bullet. YI and QI be the bullet, He block this direction, look, you see! This confrontation force can be hit, see! Towards there, how much, right? I slanting attract, out from portion now. You are focused on him now, Straight force... right?
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 am

a clip with some slow motion showing the concepts in use

"push hand / demo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7CMjTDsuo8
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:19 pm

Slo mo shows the acting especially on the second one on the one leg
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:42 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Slo mo shows the acting especially on the second one on the one leg

I I suppose it might appear that way to someone who either can't do it or doesn't know what they're looking at.

It's a demo using push hands of the principles that were explained in the first demo.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby HotSoup on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Slo mo shows the acting especially on the second one on the one leg

+1. Sad to watch.
windwalker wrote:I suppose it might appear that way to someone who either can't do it or doesn't know what they're looking at.

Or who is not a believer..
Last edited by HotSoup on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:43 pm

HotSoup wrote:

+1. Sad to watch.
windwalker wrote:I suppose it might appear that way to someone who either can't do it or doesn't know what they're looking at.

Or who is not a believer..

It's a demo explaining principles that many people ask about , shown quite clearly answering a lot of the common questions that are posed here.

It's not fighting, it's not a contest, it's a demonstration of principles applied.

Which if one cannot do it, does not understand how it's done, or has not felt it done to themselves they will tend to regard most of it as faked.

To be expected.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:45 pm

As I've noted on this site many times.

People can write whatever they write and most will accept it, until it's shown.

Never fails
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby HotSoup on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:17 pm

windwalker wrote:Simple question can you do it.

It's a demo explaining principles that many people ask about shown quite clearly answering a lot of the common questions that are posed here.

It's not fighting, it's not a contest, it's a demonstration of principles applied.

Which if one cannot do it, does not understand how it's done, or has not felt it done to themselves they will tend to regard most of it as faked.

To be expected.

I think you are confused. I have no problem with the first vid. The explanation is pretty standard, as is the demo. Nothing revolutionary in it. The assistants are over-cooperative, but I wouldn't expect anything else from a demo. But the second one clearly has episodes, where the assistants initiate their jumps by themselves. Be it for pleasing the teacher or some commercial interest in the success of his demo. That was just sad to watch.

As for your question, no, I don't take part in staged demoes. I find doing so beneath one's dignity ;)
Last edited by HotSoup on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Wee Kee Jin is the real deal. Sad that this level of skill isn't more widely developed and displayed.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Fake is fake no matter who does or who says it is not
I love the way the unskilled protect their little darlings so they can wade in the waters of delusion rather than training hard and finding real skill
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Skilled AND generous

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:21 am

oragami_itto wrote:Skilled AND generous

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXyIDfmg1c]

Good lecture. Not many know how to break up these things in a clear and understandable manner.

If you look at the earlier demonstration, he does as he teaches, he doesn’t treat the other person as a dead object, but use the incoming movement. When someone just stands there still and a teacher makes someone suddenly jump or where the students movements doesn’t match the teacher’s, I am often in doubt whether the demonstration is genuine or not. But I don’t get that feeling in the first Kee demo here. What Kee does seems to be pretty well matched by the students reactions.

Obviously there are degrees over acting, faking and as a student just being respectful, letting the teacher demonstrate what he intends to demonstrate. Why not focus on trying to see skill, look at the qualities of what a teacher does instead of spending time on watching students different and sometimes awkward ways of trying to please their teachers?
Last edited by Bao on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:39 am

I like Kee and am sure he has some skill
It was the acting of his student I was referring to
I remember when Ma was in NZ a student over acted for him,on the next attack Ma dropped him like a silver ingot
As much as to say don't act for me
Every time a student does this for the teacher it is disrespect for both the teacher and the art.
It is only when my students fully commit in both attack and defence do good things happen
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby HotSoup on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 am

wayne hansen wrote:Every time a student does this for the teacher it is disrespect for both the teacher and the art.

This.
HotSoup
Anjing

Next

Return to Video Links