Shi Ming - Ling Kong Jong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Shi Ming - Ling Kong Jong

Postby wingchun on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:24 pm

Has anyone on here ever touched hands with Shi Ming. or experienced this type of Ling Kong Jing phenomenon as demoed in this clip. If so can you please explain what's going on here? Is this "airborn skill" a result of a sort of mental agreement between the two -- the issuer and the issuee in a "game of perception"? or is this some form of the power of suggestion or hypnosis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIjUR-mHCY
wingchun
Mingjing

Re: Shi Ming - Ling Kong Jong

Postby Peacedog on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:56 am

Never met Shi Ming. But I've known more than a few people who can do this. It's also one of the skills we train in the school of Hermetics I'm from.

In many cases it is an example of conditioned behavior. The guy believes it will happen...so it happens.

That said, it can be trained. First you start with standard fah jing type drills and make it softer. Then it is touching from a standstill, which was demoed in the video. Then you do no touch.

It's not martially usable for the most part. It is very useful for training the soft tissue in the body in the beginning and later on specific energies fundamental to the body. The no touch techniques, for example, train mental energy.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 am

wingchun wrote:Has anyone on here ever touched hands with Shi Ming. or experienced this type of Ling Kong Jing phenomenon as demoed in this clip.

Spent some 10yrs doing my own research regarding this working with my teacher who could do all that was shown and more.
Whether touched or not the function is the same. The clip posted touches on the basics of theory by which it works.

It might help in framing your questions for better answers. The effect itself is part of a much lager skill set that the clip covers..

If so can you please explain what's going on here? Is this "airborn skill" a result of a sort of mental agreement between the two -- the issuer and the issuee in a "game of perception"? or is this some form of the power of suggestion or hypnosis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIjUR-mHCY

The basics of what, why, and how it works can be found here in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsBJRTPPJc
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby HotSoup on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:49 am

wingchun wrote:Is this "airborn skill" a result of a sort of mental agreement between the two -- the issuer and the issuee in a "game of perception"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIjUR-mHCY

This is what I believe it is, a learned behavior. This is not applicable to a random person, only to those trained to act like that.
windwalker wrote:Spent some 10yrs doing my own research regarding this working with my teacher who could do all that was shown and more.

Can you or your teacher do this to a random person? Will the attempt look similar to this?

windwalker wrote:The basics of what, why, and how it works can be found here in this clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsBJRTPPJc

Even with all conventionality of this clip, it describes a physical skill. What is happening in the OP video is far from that.
Last edited by HotSoup on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:55 am

I remember back on empty flower when we used to discuss mentalists. In my opinion this no touch stuff is just an offshoot of the same skills, taking advantage of the mark's desire to believe.

There's some skill to it, but nothing that would prevent a fist to the face.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 am

HotSoup wrote:Even with all conventionality of this clip, it describes a physical skill. What is happening in the OP video is far from that.

When you start to understand what you feel you know you would see the clip in a different way.
One could argue about what was shown in the clip, the point would be?

As to your other questions. Think about it.

Many who came to practice with my teacher came from other styles, often having the same questions and doubts
as some have expressed here, most stayed like myself finding something that was unique and answered many questions that I or they may have had..

The underpinnings of what, why and how are indeed shown in the clip.
If one, or you feel what is shown in the clip is a physical skill should be easy to replicate...Most can not, which why they tend to feel its faked, complaint, what ever.

If one can do it they should either understand, or know how, what, and why what is called kong jin, works.

start by understanding that
"jin" is something that goes through ones own body and effects another going through the point of contact to do so to effect
what? ..

It's a very basic understanding between what is called external force and what is not....

The OP posted a question with some ill informed assumptions. There is no easy way to explain it with out first having
some basic understanding....to expound on.

There are many clips of kong jin, fails, there are also many clips of CMA fails.
There are no clips that I have seen showing CMA working as practiced in a competitive environment.

Does this mean CMA as a whole doen't work and is not effective?
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 am

oragami_itto wrote:I remember back on empty flower when we used to discuss mentalists. In my opinion this no touch stuff is just an offshoot of the same skills, taking advantage of the mark's desire to believe.

There's some skill to it, but nothing that would prevent a fist to the face.

wrong way to look at it.

the skill set allows one to feel the intent often before the other even consciously
understands their own actions. There would be no face to hit.

The other would be missing and trying to hit something, getting hit in attempting to do so.

lets start by

Do you or others believe in "qi" if the answer is yes,
what is shown and practiced is an extension of this.

The practice itself is a small part of a much larger practice
windwalker
Wuji

Postby HotSoup on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:44 am

windwalker wrote:When you start to understand what you feel you know you would see the clip in a different way.
One could argue about what was shown in the clip, the point would be?

As to your other questions. Think about it.

Many who came to practice with my teacher came from other styles, often having the same questions and doubts as some have expressed here,
most stay like myself finding something that was unique and answered many questions that I or others may have had..

The underpinnings of what, why and how are indeed shown in the clip.
If one or you feel what is shown in the clip is a physical skill should be easy to replicate...Most can not, which why they tend to feel its faked, complaint, what ever.

If one can do it they should either understand or know how, what, and why what is called kong jin, works.

start by understanding that
"jin" is something that goes through ones own body and effects another going through the point of contact to do so..

It's a very basic understanding between what is force and what is not....

The OP posted a question with some ill informed assumptions. There is no easy way to explain it with out first having
some basic understanding....to expound on.

There are many clips of kong jin, fails, there are also many clips of CMA fails.
There are no clips that I have seen showing CMA working as practiced in a competitive environment.
Does this mean CMA as a whole doen't work and is not effective?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" (C) —C. Sagan

I don't really see how making an appeal to some people that like to train with your teacher or others, who failed as CMA practitioners actually prove your claim. I respect your desire to convince others that jin can travel between the bodies without any physical contact, but it doesn't seem as something compliant with the laws of physics. Of course, I admit that my limited knowledge may not allow me to recognize such a potentially high level of MA achievement, but it should be relatively easy to prove me wrong. Furthermore, had you decided to conduct a proper blind experiment with people not training with you and having no clue of such paranormal abilities of yours, a few years ago you could even earn 1 million dollars offered by the James Randy Foundation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Milli ... _Challenge).

The brave people from the video I posted above, actually tried to prove their abilities with non-cooperative opponents. The results, as you could see, were deplorable.
Last edited by HotSoup on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:05 am

HotSoup wrote:I don't really see how making an appeal to some people that like to train with your teacher or others, who failed as CMA practitioners actually prove your claim. .

Others can always meet to see what or who failed what.
Nothing to prove. Making an "appeal" right .

As usale many things on this site can be written about with out question, when what is shown is questioned its often
the same ones writing about it for the most part, are also the same ones attempting to discredit it. Always find it strange but
expected.

What is demoed by most teachers are "demos" showing a skill set...its not how its used, nor why.
The skill is developed as part of a larger training system shown in the clip posted.

Met people in China, and lately in Taiwan who've felt it as part of a larger skill set.....

They op asked about those with experience with it, I suppose looking for their thoughts.

If those with out, or think they know want to answer...
go for it :-\
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 am

wingchun wrote:Has anyone on here ever touched hands with Shi Ming. or experienced this type of Ling Kong Jing phenomenon as demoed in this clip. If so can you please explain what's going on here? Is this "airborn skill" a result of a sort of mental agreement between the two -- the issuer and the issuee in a "game of perception"? or is this some form of the power of suggestion or hypnosis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIjUR-mHCY

The clip posted was out of context coming from a much larger film..It might help to put into context by reviewing the while clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4QM4eyBhuk
windwalker
Wuji

Postby HotSoup on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 am

windwalker wrote:Others can always meet to see what or who failed what.
Nothing to prove. Making an "appeal" right .

As usale many things on this site can be written about with out question, when what is shown is questioned its often
the same ones writing about it for the most part, are also the same ones attempting to discredit it. Always find it strange but
expected.

What is demoed by most teachers are "demos" showing a skill set...its not how its used, nor why.
The skill is developed as part of a larger training system shown in the clip posted.

Met people in China, and lately in Taiwan who've felt it as part of a larger skill set.....

They op asked about those with experience with it, I suppose looking for their thoughts.

If those with out, or think they know want to answer...
go for it :-\

In my turn, I cannot deny anyone's right to stay in their illusory bubble. Feel free to stay in it for another 10 or as many years as you desire :)
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby Appledog on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:16 pm

On the other hand, there are records of high level taijiquan players allowing others to strike them and observing no effect, or hurting their hands, or being thrown back violently. But it occurs through contact.

I believe in Qi but not Qi.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:08 pm

wingchun wrote:Has anyone on here ever touched hands with Shi Ming. or experienced this type of Ling Kong Jing phenomenon as demoed in this clip. If so can you please explain what's going on here? Is this "airborn skill" a result of a sort of mental agreement between the two -- the issuer and the issuee in a "game of perception"? or is this some form of the power of suggestion or hypnosis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIjUR-mHCY

At least that kid at the end of the clip got a hair cut eventually :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxyuRp ... 0LQm8oPgBe
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 pm

GrahamB wrote:

At least that kid at the end of the clip got a hair cut eventually :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxyuRp ... 0LQm8oPgBe

Does anybody have a link of some hard info where that guy admits the demo for Moyers was staged and fake?
origami_itto
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan