Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Political HUMOR only, please.

Get real. We keep asking Steve and Greg to do that and they turned this into a non-humor thread much of the time.
Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:11 pm

grzegorz wrote:Mike,

I didn't even bother reading your rant but I will this and it's the last I will say on this boring old story from weeks ago.

Even the kid admitted he wished he would have just walked away and I completely agree.

Move on already...Is China 2019 boring or something? Because no one here in the US even gives a crap anymore.

Sure, it's a boring old story, one that you continued to post about and that you're still arguing in the same post where you say you don't care.

Just tell us why you hate the kid and how you can condone the doxxing and death threats after seeing the additional video?
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:34 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Get real. We keep asking Steve and Greg to do that and they turned this into a non-humor thread much of the time.

"much" of the time is a bit vague, but I admit that I can get serious about what some things that are presented as "humor," but are just plain mean. But, since you mentioned that I do this much of the time, I might as well live up to the reputation I've been given.

Okay, "people" were mistaken in their interpretation of the image they saw. What did they think they saw, and why did they think that? Well, it wasn't just the one guy; it was a group of people (identified as such by their clothing) who appeared to be shouting at an elderly man who was beating a small drum. What was the response?

People who saw the images were outraged. Why? It looked like a group of racist White (Catholic) male teens wearing Trump paraphernalia taunting and defying an elderly (brown) Native American man. Brown people outraged. Catholic people outraged. Even many Trump supporters thought what the teens (looked like they) were doing was repugnant, and certainly not representative.

Then, the mother of the cap boy said that it was "Black Muslims" who started it. Turned out she was one-quarter right. There were Black people there, but they consider themselves Black Israelites. The specifics of their beliefs can be researched, but they feel they are more indigenous that Native Americans. However, the boy in the cap wasn't confronting or standing up to the Black Israelites, who aren't on the side of the Native Americans (and think that the Jews are not legitimate, etc.). Why the Indian man and the boy didn't see themselves as on the same side, and why the Indian man was being laughed at, have always interested me more than what the boy was doing. People say he wasn't doing anything, but the question is why he was doing nothing there.

Anyway, I congratulate the people who found the images disturbing. They shouldn't be ashamed of expressing their opinions about what it looked like. If the boys had not had any Trump clothes on, the reaction would be the same. In fact, Bill posted an image in this thread that ridiculed the way the image of the boys was equated to the image of a lynching. (I didn't respond to that one). I mean. Whew, aren't we glad that people thought the image looked bad rather than them thinking it was an act of patriotism (against the Chiefs, no less).

So, far from being an act of hatred, it showed that people generally DO NOT believe in racism. Don't feel bad or try to make others feel bad. It isn't a white/brown issue, and it's certainly not possible to assert that White people are full of hatred because of their response. At best, one can argue that they interpreted the image in its worst possible light. Of course, it shows that we should all avoid "racial profiling" based on color (creed, ethnicity, origin) or profiling people based on what they wear, like hoodies or baggy pants. Individual behavior is what counts. If that's what the patriots are standing up for, I'm with them.

Oh, btw, in the longest video of the event, the Black Israelites are confronted by Black people, Hispanics, and others. I think it's funny that the person who's getting the most attention is the one who did nothing.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Michael wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Mike,

I didn't even bother reading your rant but I will this and it's the last I will say on this boring old story from weeks ago.

Even the kid admitted he wished he would have just walked away and I completely agree.

Move on already...Is China 2019 boring or something? Because no one here in the US even gives a crap anymore.

Sure, it's a boring old story, one that you continued to post about and that you're still arguing in the same post where you say you don't care.

Just tell us why you hate the kid and how you can condone the doxxing and death threats after seeing the additional video?

Damn for someone who posts misogyny you sure seem to have your panties in a bunch.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Steve James wrote:

"much" of the time is a bit vague, but I admit that I can get serious about what some things that are presented as "humor," but are just plain mean. But, since you mentioned that I do this much of the time, I might as well live up to the reputation I've been given.

Okay, "people" were mistaken in their interpretation of the image they saw. What did they think they saw, and why did they think that? Well, it wasn't just the one guy; it was a group of people (identified as such by their clothing) who appeared to be shouting at an elderly man who was beating a small drum. What was the response?

People who saw the images were outraged. Why? It looked like a group of racist White (Catholic) male teens wearing Trump paraphernalia taunting and defying an elderly (brown) Native American man. Brown people outraged. Catholic people outraged. Even many Trump supporters thought what the teens (looked like they) were doing was repugnant, and certainly not representative.

Then, the mother of the cap boy said that it was "Black Muslims" who started it. Turned out she was one-quarter right. There were Black people there, but they consider themselves Black Israelites. The specifics of their beliefs can be researched, but they feel they are more indigenous that Native Americans. However, the boy in the cap wasn't confronting or standing up to the Black Israelites, who aren't on the side of the Native Americans (and think that the Jews are not legitimate, etc.). Why the Indian man and the boy didn't see themselves as on the same side, and why the Indian man was being laughed at, have always interested me more than what the boy was doing. People say he wasn't doing anything, but the question is why he was doing nothing there.

Anyway, I congratulate the people who found the images disturbing. They shouldn't be ashamed of expressing their opinions about what it looked like. If the boys had not had any Trump clothes on, the reaction would be the same. In fact, Bill posted an image in this thread that ridiculed the way the image of the boys was equated to the image of a lynching. (I didn't respond to that one). I mean. Whew, aren't we glad that people thought the image looked bad rather than them thinking it was an act of patriotism (against the Chiefs, no less).

So, far from being an act of hatred, it showed that people generally DO NOT believe in racism. Don't feel bad or try to make others feel bad. It isn't a white/brown issue, and it's certainly not possible to assert that White people are full of hatred because of their response. At best, one can argue that they interpreted the image in its worst possible light. Of course, it shows that we should all avoid "racial profiling" based on color (creed, ethnicity, origin) or profiling people based on what they wear, like hoodies or baggy pants. Individual behavior is what counts. If that's what the patriots are standing up for, I'm with them.

Oh, btw, in the longest video of the event, the Black Israelites are confronted by Black people, Hispanics, and others. I think it's funny that the person who's getting the most attention is the one who did nothing.

You nailed it Steve.

Essentially it was a big nothing. But it was disrespectful. Unfortunately in our society it is becoming more and more common to treat the elderly with disrespect which is why I say screw that kid.

What I find interesting is how the far right all back the kid, probably because of his hat. Yet somehow if the races were changed and a 15 year old black or brown kid confronted an elderly white man in MAGA hat while having over a 100 of his black or brown homies with him I am positive their views would be different.

Funny how that works. I appreciate your ability to stick to the topic. I am willing to as well but if someone insults me I have no problem bringing the fire.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:36 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:57 am

origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am

Meanwhile, back in Airstrip One...

Two years ago, Vernon Mussington gave a friendly greeting to a familiar face in the street and was arrested for accidentally misgendering a deep-voiced, masculine gaited, square-jawed person who was walking by, and who later told police in his complaint that he was transitioning.

Arrested For Calling Someone A MAN In The U.K

Two years later...DAILY MAIL: Mother, 38, is arrested in front of her children and locked in a cell for seven HOURS after calling a transgender woman a man on Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLrp5-CZDNw
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 am

Last edited by Michael on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby origami_itto on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 am

Lemme guess... Is it the white kids with the wealthy parents? Good for them, they have such a rough time of things.
Last edited by origami_itto on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That