Modify your class to meet your student's need

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Modify your class to meet your student's need

Postby marvin8 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:15 pm

johnwang wrote:
marvin8 wrote:Yes. Also, what if rhino guard player faces an opponent that varies the distance and the way he punches. But, the rhino guard player trained and tested with an A (feeder) that only stood in one place and punched at the same speed?

We did all that in my yesterday class. I will put up clips to prove it.

I never said you didn't.
marvin8 wrote:I am not commenting on your classes themselves. Since, I haven't been to one.

Since you "did all that," we agree.

Since you understand my meaning of mimic (by varying), I don't understand you're saying you disagree with something I didn't say.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm

In my last Friday class, we tested:

- A uses rhino guard to attack.
- B uses parry (or outside in block) to push the rhino guard arms to the side, and uses wheeling step (back leg step to the side, front leg spin behind the back leg) to spin the body out of the attacking path.

The moment that B's arm (or hand) contacts on A's rhino guard arms, the moment B's head is exposed. A can then separates his arms, obtain a head lock on A's head right at that moment.

Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 pm

johnwang wrote:In my last Friday class, we tested:

- A uses rhino guard to attack.
- B uses parry (or outside in block) to push the rhino guard arms to the side, and uses wheeling step (back leg step to the side, front leg spin behind the back leg) to spin the body out of the attacking path.

The moment that B's arm (or hand) contacts on A's rhino guard arms, the moment B's head is exposed. A can then separates his arms, obtain a head lock on A's head right at that moment.

How is that not leaving the midsection massively exposed for a heel kick? Or a simple front kick up the centerline? Any halfway competent kickboxer/striker should be able to pull either of those off while moving backwards.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 pm

oragami_itto wrote:How is that not leaving the midsection massively exposed for a heel kick? Or a simple front kick up the centerline? Any halfway competent kickboxer/striker should be able to pull either of those off while moving backwards.

Of course whoever uses this strategy also has to train how to catch a kicking leg.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan