BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Work's for me. I guess you won't be embarrassed getting your ass kicked by a 60 year old.
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Ha! Well at least you have some entertainment value, it's good for morale! Check your inbox.
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Would it be possible to restart the (1) point that has been misunderstood?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm

MistyMonkeyMethod wrote:Ha! Well at least you have some entertainment value, it's good for morale! Check your inbox.

Right on! Thanks again.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Steve James wrote:Would it be possible to restart the (1) point that has been misunderstood?

Just having some fun Steve. For the most part we agree.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:55 am

I was just informed that Stilton Cheese will be considerably more expensive here... How could you do this to us???!!!

DAMN YOU BREXIT!!!

;D
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:49 am

A short video, presented for the comedic value. If nutter women can go full retard against Brexit, then blokes like James Delingpole can do it too, but in the other direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKaUki9Fc0
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 am

Looking like May doesn't have enough votes.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:03 am

Michael

Postby klonk on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:12 am

Quebec independence, Scotland oot, Brexit, connect the historical dots. The natives are restless. Whether Brexit happens or by some slim margin does not, it is significant as an index of the public's perception.

Co-worker Gavin Ashenden (on site in the Blight) remarks that he never thought he would see half a million people in the streets of London protesting against democracy.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:23 am

half a million people in the streets of London protesting against democracy.

They're not protesting against democracy. They're expressing their democratic rights, no? Did people protest Obama's election? Were they protesting democracy, or were they protesting against something they disapproved?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:26 am

Bao wrote:I was just informed that Stilton Cheese will be considerably more expensive here... How could you do this to us???!!!

DAMN YOU BREXIT!!!

;D

It costs double in the US. They still haven't forgiven us for doing the same thing to them.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:30 am

Steve James wrote:
half a million people in the streets of London protesting against democracy.

They're not protesting against democracy. They're expressing their democratic rights, no? Did people protest Obama's election? Were they protesting democracy, or were they protesting against something they disapproved?

They were protesting enactment of the vote to leave. That is, execution of what the vote decided.
Last edited by klonk on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 am

They were protesting enactment of the vote to leave.

We all know that. My point is that it's not "against democracy." I can't say whether the result of Brexit will be good or bad. I think they're stuck with it in some form or fashion. Apparently, millions of people are not satisfied with the form it is (struggling) to take, and the possible results of some forms it may take. That is entirely up to them. To silence them would be undemocratic.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic