Xu Xiaodong's Friend (MMA) vs Wing Chun Master

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xu Xiaodong's Friend (MMA) vs Wing Chun Master

Postby marvin8 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:59 am

Note: No gloves, no excuses.

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Published on Apr 2, 2019

Xuan Wu (玄武), an MMA friend of Xu Xiaodong's, uses only his left arm and left leg to fight a third generation student of Ip Man. The fight was also bare-knuckle with only wraps. The Wing Chun master's name is Li Feng (李枫). Li had previously claimed that he once defeated a Taekwondo person who outweighed him by 25 kg. For those of you watching, let us know what you saw. The Ip Man branch of Wing Chun in China needs some major overhaul from the looks of it. This is the second Ip Man lineage master that has lost so obviously to combat sports trained fighter.

Full footage here without my thoughts and critique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9YHBTOmufA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6tS5Dv8jzM

The article I read:
http://www.sohu.com/a/303119616_434146:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efx19IKyzPA

The article I read, "Hunchun master Li Feng was injured by Xu Xiaodong’s friend with one hand and one foot, but he boasted that he had KO’s Japanese boxing champion:"
Sohu.com on 2019-03-22 wrote:

Li Feng, who claimed to be the first generation of Hunchun’s Dacheng Boxing and Ye Wen’s third generation, publicly challenged the fighting madman Xu Xiaodong, vowing to defend the dignity of traditional martial arts, but because Xu Xiaodong had to abide by the contract, the heroes and ultimate warriors of Xinjiang Karamay Road on May 18 Do not play any games before the game. Therefore, Xu Xiaodong’s friend and modern fighter, Xuanwu, decided to replace Xu Xiaodong and Li Feng.

According to the rules, this game can only use the left and left legs of the game, not allowed to use the right hand and the right leg, nor is it allowed to use the fall, knee and elbow methods. Hunchun master Li Feng can use any martial arts technique. Obviously, the rules of this game are seriously unfair, just like Chinese chess makes opponents like horses and cannons. The insider revealed: "This can only be done, or Li Feng would not dare to fight. And the winner has a bonus of 300,000, tempting Li Feng to play."

During the competition, everyone’s impression of traditional martial arts fell to the bottom. Xuanwu’s left-handed big fist and left leg swept and kicked, and Li Feng did not fight back. In the first round, Li Feng abstained from the "injury." Xuanwu won easily and got a bonus of 300,000 yuan. If Li Feng beats Xu Xiaodong's friend, he can play a focus war with Xu Xiaodong. Now it seems that there is no need for it. Li Feng is simply vulnerable.

What is even more ridiculous is that more than 60 kilograms of Li Feng threatened to beat 85 kilograms of the famous Japanese kick boxer... Who is this Japanese boxer? Is it a Japanese student? Or is the Chinese playing? A self-entertainment game? - Now that China's fighting and the wisdom of the people are gradually opening, this game of hand-tearating devils is over.

Xu Xiaodong said in the live broadcast that "Nanqi Chunbei Taiji! These two traditional martial arts boxing scammers are the most. The three scams of Hunchun are Yu Changhua of Jiangxi, Lu Gang of Wenzhou, Deng Fei of Hubei (apprentice of Li Feng), Tai Chi The liar is Lei Lei, Ma Baoguo, Chen Xiaowang, Wang Zhanjun."

Last edited by marvin8 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Xu Xiaodong's Friend (MMA) vs Wing Chun Master

Postby roger hao on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 am

This is all fake MMA promotion in China
roger hao

Postby everything on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:45 am

middle aged dude loses to young, fit dude. cool story. why do they keep doing this.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:57 am

everything wrote:middle aged dude loses to young, fit dude. cool story. why do they keep doing this.

$44,700 USD reasons, for a few minutes of amateur level fighting.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:13 am

hmm yeah same reason mcgregor boxed mayweather, jr, I suppose.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:21 am

roger hao wrote:This is all fake MMA promotion in China

who is behind this promotion ?(probably some chinese "bussinessman"?) as i understand at many MMA/MuayThai/BJJ gym's in China there are "foreign experts" teaching.
Trick

Postby Formosa Neijia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:07 pm

everything wrote:middle aged dude loses to young, fit dude. cool story. why do they keep doing this.

Because fitness isn't needed, right? Relaxtion leads to more chi and allows older men to easily defeat younger, fitter men -- at least that's what all the CMA propaganda says. Li Feng took the fight. Isn't it his responsibility to prepare properly?
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:15 am

Trick -
Guangzhou Elephant Health Technology

CEO Yang Huali
roger hao

Postby Formosa Neijia on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 pm

"According to the rules, this game can only use the left and left legs of the game, not allowed to use the right hand and the right leg, nor is it allowed to use the fall, knee and elbow methods."

The MMA guy literally had half his body and half his aresenal taken away by the agreed-to rules and the wingchun guy still lost by a mile. And people are defending him?
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:49 am

According to the rules, this game can only use the left and left legs of the game, not allowed to use the right hand and the right leg, nor is it allowed to use the fall, knee and elbow methods. Hunchun master Li Feng can use any martial arts technique.

As above. All those who constantly blame the 'rules' for the lack of ability in these matches now have nothing to say on that subject :-X . With almost every tool taken away from him the MMA fighter was still dominant over a highly experienced Wing Chun expert, who looks in very good shape, claims to be able to defeat much larger opponents and could use ANY technique in his arsenal.

Just imagine for a second what a slaughter it would have been if Every Technique in the MMA fighters arsenal was allowed... or worse still if it was an ANYTHING goes bout.

I truly love and still train the CMAs but we have to be realistic here people .. MMA's approach to training reliably produces more capable fighters.
Last edited by middleway on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:45 am

roger hao wrote:Trick -
Guangzhou Elephant Health Technology

CEO Yang Huali

aha, thanks. yes as usual, someone who hoped to be an overnight billionaire. it works for some.
Trick

Postby roger hao on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am

Experienced Wing Chun?
Didn't put up an offense - didn't even block kicks - just held up his hands.
Especially the classic extended hand - that really helps.
Being in shape may have been part of the fix.
I am not defending him - I did see MMA guy use his right hand.
roger hao

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:42 am

In honesty I've never been impressed with any of the Wing Chun folks I've met. They all seem to like to try to change push hands into chi sau, though.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:00 am

It ain't the style. I agree with middleway; it's the training. For some reason, they always seem to look like they've never been in anything close to such a situation. I don't think it's necessary for them to alter their style at all. They should just try to use it against that type of competition (if that's what they want), and find out whether they can make it work.

Challenging people like that takes and incredible amount of ego. The saying is, "Don't write a check with your mouth that your ass can't pay."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Video Links