Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Enter Sandman. Tears of a clown. MAGA!
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 pm

The real threat is Antifa.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Teen Fatally Shot After Knocking On The Wrong Apartment Door: Police | HuffPost

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ca1 ... ?ncid=yhpf
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Watch "White Supremacy: America’s Global Export" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/i9Ji10BlkzA
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 pm

The utter absolute complete cowardice of these motherf@#$ers who go to a place where they know they will receive no resistance to do their mass slaughter knowing full well they will receive headlines are the world. I will never mention that f@#$ers name because that is what he wants me to do.

(Paraphrasing but dude speaks the truth.)
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Something has definitely gone wrong in our society when people believe that they are entitled to take people's lives when things don't go there way.

The Independent: Phoenix shooting: Three-year-old girl hid under bed as father killed mother and sisters.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 69776.html

Unfortunately the company I work for has a history of gun voilence and there seem to be people I work with who seeem to fantasize about going out in a shooting spree when managment is breathing down their necks. I can't understand that mentality. For me it's just a job and if worse comes to worse and I were to lose it I would just go somewhere else. But it seems to me that each and every time we hear of shooting spree while many are sending thoughts and prayers there are others who are thinking about committing the same acts of mass murder.

I am not sure how we went from people feeling so entitled. I don't believe it is political since these people who are almost always young men seem to have mixed political views but some reason seem to have voilent fantasies when life doesn't go their way.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm

That page has several incidents of people killing their families. But, as I read the article, I saw this.

Mr Smith shot Mr Freeman after he told him “he was crazy” to think his wife was cheating on him, according to the court filing. He allegedly fired at him repeatedly even as his body laid on the floor and also shot and injured two of Freeman’s friends, a man and a woman, as they tried to help him.
Police who searched Mr Smith’s car found a 9mm handgun, a .45 calibre handgun and a .223 calibre rifle believed to have been used in the rampage.

Apparently, this started because he thought his wife was cheating. I think you're right that people who take lives feel privileged, and that it is a sickness. But, I think jealousy is almost the oldest reason for murder we know.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Interesting angle. Yes, I can see where jealousy plays a role. The people I am speaking of landed a good job and instead of being grateful for the opportunity they are jealous that management is coming after them believing they have been singled out and the anger is essentially fear of losing that job so they make it known that they have an arsenal since this wouldn't be the first warehouse shooting and definitely not the last.

When they say these things I just listen realizing that often time they are letting off steam but I also tell them that it is just a job which it is.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Some say that life is 10% what happens and 90% how we react to it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

True that! Because I work wirh the public I have had to deal with lots of angry people. They are usually surprised that when they seem to be looking for a fight they don't get one but I also don't back down.

Just yesterday somebody much bigger than me wanted to intimidate me because they thought I took their spot at the gas station. I just acknowledged their situation and that perhaps they were right but I was still going to get my gas because I stayed in my lane where he wanted to switch and cut in front. Needless to say by staying calm I was able to avoid escalating despite threats of voilence. I don't think he expected that.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Trick wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Also we should drop shooter and call these people what they are mass murderers.

yes its annoying. same whith calling IS terrorists for IS warriors as a lot of media does...not annoying but rather disturbing i say

here they are the islamic supremacist nazi terrorists that again where behind a most deadly attack, this time in Ceylon. And the media keep naming them fighters, massmurdering scum.....now this was bombings not shooting, maybe thats why it was not brought up in this thread, mod can remove it if it does not belong here. https://news.yahoo.com/claims-sri-lanka ... 03120.html
Trick

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Um, IS has claimed credit for the attack, and they say it's a retaliation for the attack on the mosque in New Zealand.

Frankly, isn't it expected? It's exactly what the mosque and synagogue attackers wanted. Aren't we waiting for something like this to happen in the U.S.? I mean, people bomb or shoot synagogues, churches, and mosques here. Though, usually, it's not Muslims doing it.

So, imo, yeah, call them terrorists; call all of them terrorists, though. Maybe the Easter bombing was a result.

I know they'd like me to, but I can't hate Muslims for this, or for attacking a church. I save my hatred for the people who would do such a thing. I recall after a guy walked into a Christian church in the U.S. south and gunned down Christians. His captors took him to Burger King before they went to the station. I even remember a Christian church that was bombed while children were inside. Yep, I feel exactly the same about all of them. How do eliminate them all?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Steve James wrote:Um, IS has claimed credit for the attack, and they say it's a retaliation for the attack on the mosque in New Zealand.

Frankly, isn't it expected? It's exactly what the mosque and synagogue attackers wanted. Aren't we waiting for something like this to happen in the U.S.? I mean, people bomb or shoot synagogues, churches, and mosques here. Though, usually, it's not Muslims doing it.

So, imo, yeah, call them terrorists; call all of them terrorists, though. Maybe the Easter bombing was a result.

I know they'd like me to, but I can't hate Muslims for this, or for attacking a church. I save my hatred for the people who would do such a thing. I recall after a guy walked into a Christian church in the U.S. south and gunned down Christians. His captors took him to Burger King before they went to the station. I even remember a Christian church that was bombed while children were inside. Yep, I feel exactly the same about all of them. How do eliminate them all?

Can we then call Americans or the American military terrorists for bombing, torturing, and raping civilians? Terrorist usually just seems to be the under-armed underdog who resorts to specific kinds of violence they seem to find effective using what they have. I'm no fan of ISIS, but surely they are fighters, too.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:13 pm

That brings us back to the question, what is terrorism? I have been assuming we understandit. Well, what is it? Well, there happen to be some easy answers to this. There is an officialdefinition. You can find it in the US code or in US army manuals. A brief statement of it takenfrom a US army manual is, fair enough, is that terror is the calculated use of violence or thethreat of violence to attain political or religious ideological goals through intimidation,coercion, or instilling fear. That’s terrorism. That’s a fair enough definition. I think it isreasonable to accept that. The problem is it can’t be accepted because if you accept that, allthe wrong consequences follow. Now there is a major effort right now at the UN to try todevelop a comprehensive treaty on terrorism. When Kofi Annan got the Nobel prize theother day, you will notice he was reported as saying that we should stop wasting time on thisand really get down to it.But there’s a problem. If you use the official definition of terrorism in the comprehensivetreaty, you are going to get completely the wrong results. So that can’t be done. In fact, it iseven worse than that. If you take a look at the definition of Low-Intensity Warfare which isofficial US policy you find that it is a very close paraphrase of what I just read. In fact, Low-Intensity Conflict is just another name for terrorism. That’s why all countries, as far as I know,call whatever horrendous acts they are carrying out, counter-terrorism. We happen to call itCounter-Insurgency or Low-Intensity Conflict. So that’s a serious problem. You can’t use theactual definitions. You’ve got to carefully find a definition that doesn’t have all the wrongconsequences.There are some other problems. Some of them came up in December 1987, at the peak ofthe first war on terrorism, that’s when the furor over the plague was peaking. The UnitedNations General Assembly passed a very strong resolution against terrorism, condemningthe plague in the strongest terms, calling on every state to fight against it in every possibleway. It passed unanimously. One country, Honduras, abstained. Two votes against; the usualtwo, United States and Israel. Why should the United States and Israel vote against a majorresolution condemning terrorism in the strongest terms, in fact pretty much the terms thatthe Reagan administration was using? Well, there is a reason. There was one paragraph inthat long resolution which said that nothing in this resolution infringes on the rights ofpeople struggling against racist and colonialist regimes or foreign military occupation tocontinue with their resistance with the assistance of others, other states, states outside intheir just cause. Well, the United States and Israel can’t accept that. The main reason that theycouldn’t at the time was because of South Africa. South Africa was officially called an ally.There was a terrorist force in South Africa. It was called the African National Congress. Theywere a terrorist force officially. South Africa in contrast was an ally and we certainly couldn’tsupport actions by a terrorist group struggling against a racist regime. That would beimpossible.And of course there is another one. Namely the Israeli occupied territories, now going intoits 35th year. Supported primarily by the United States in blocking a diplomatic settlementfor 30 years now, still is. And you can’t have that. There was another one at the time. Israelwas occupying Southern Lebanon and was being combated by what the US calls a terroristforce, Hizbullah, which in fact succeeded in driving Israel out of Lebanon. And you can’t have... allow anyone to struggle against a military occupation when it is one that we support sotherefore the US and Israel had to vote against the major UN resolution on terrorism. And Imentioned before that a US vote against is essentially a veto. Which is only half the story. Italso vetoes it from history. So none of this was every reported and none of it appeared in theannals of terrorism. If you look at the scholarly work on terrorism and so on, nothing that Ihave just mentioned appears. The reason is that it‘s got the wrong people holding the guns.You have to carefully hone the definitions and the scholarship and so on so that you comeout with the right conclusions; otherwise it is not respectable scholarship and honorablejournalism. These are some of the problems that are hampering the effort to develop acomprehensive treaty against terrorism. Maybe we should have an academic conference orsomething to try to see if we can figure out a way of defining terrorism so that it comes outwith just the right answers, not the wrong answers. That won’t be easy.

http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/lehre/WS06/ ... homsky.pdf
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:27 pm

I'd say send in Seal Team VI to eliminate the leaders of people who bomb churches, synagogues, and mosques. And, as the prez said, "They love their wives and children too." You know, in Israel, when they find the home of a terrorist, they raze it to the ground. They can be found using Google, and they use social media to recruit.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic