Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 pm

Steve James wrote:Um, IS has claimed credit for the attack, and they say it's a retaliation for the attack on the mosque in New Zealand.

Frankly, isn't it expected? It's exactly what the mosque and synagogue attackers wanted. Aren't we waiting for something like this to happen in the U.S.? I mean, people bomb or shoot synagogues, churches, and mosques here. Though, usually, it's not Muslims doing it.

So, imo, yeah, call them terrorists; call all of them terrorists, though. Maybe the Easter bombing was a result.

I know they'd like me to, but I can't hate Muslims for this, or for attacking a church. I save my hatred for the people who would do such a thing. I recall after a guy walked into a Christian church in the U.S. south and gunned down Christians. His captors took him to Burger King before they went to the station. I even remember a Christian church that was bombed while children were inside. Yep, I feel exactly the same about all of them. How do eliminate them all?

yes shure, one lead to another and so it goes seemingly. but this one was the "shooting(bombing)of the week" and seemingly done by islamic supremacists(IS)
Trick

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Steve James wrote:I'd say send in Seal Team VI to eliminate the leaders of people who bomb churches, synagogues, and mosques. And, as the prez said, "They love their wives and children too." You know, in Israel, when they find the home of a terrorist, they raze it to the ground. They can be found using Google, and they use social media to recruit.

Stabbing a defenseless teenage captive to death. Picking off a school-age girl and an old man from a sniper’s roost. Indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine-gun fire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/us/n ... f-war.html

Sounds like terrorism to me.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 pm

it is quite worrysome how widespread and "mainstream" terrorism has become. just in these days i read two bombs has detonated in my use to be peaceful hometown and shootings are record high there too. and this is an escalation within just 4 years....
Trick

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:26 am

Trick, I don't know if you use Twitter, but one of your country men publishes news updates about those terrorist attacks. He goes by Peter Sweden.

https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7

https://www.youtube.com/c/petersweden
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Michael wrote:Trick, I don't know if you use Twitter, but one of your country men publishes news updates about those terrorist attacks. He goes by Peter Sweden.

https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7

https://www.youtube.com/c/petersweden

not doing twitter, facebook and that sort. as i mentioned about my hometown, the bomb blasts are quite minor and intention is not to kill or hurt(but could probably do if someone stood quite nearby) but to scare, they are set off at night. its said that it is criminal gangs targeting each other, but its happening in the mids of ordinary peoples living areas...its terror for sure
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Trick wrote:not doing twitter, facebook and that sort.

Right on Trick!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Well, whaddya know, apparently this latest synagogue shooter also has a manifesto. I wonder when it's going to be posted. I didn't bother following up.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:43 pm

i read he was kind enough to call himself in to the police so they could just come and pick him up
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:36 pm

he was smart enough to call himself in
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:16 pm

usually them terrorists seem to wan to go out in a "blaze of glory" now they got him and can work on him....actually i dont know if it smartness or kindness
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:43 am

Kindness by him or for him ?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 am

When I wrote “kind of him” I surely didn’t mean that he did a kind gesture. But I don’t know if you actually think he did a smart thing ??
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:38 am

I didn't know what you meant by kind, either. Yes, in a cynical way, I think it's smart. He (they) can kill to get his (their) message out, and then get to face a jury. Some of them have the kindness to commit suicide.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:53 am

yes this could be a trouble with smartness or maybe it should be called cleverness, it can easily work in the unkindest ways.
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 am

Sure, I was going to use the word "slick" instead of "smart." However, the key word is "rational." It makes sense it terms of the outcome. People will call it a "hate crime," on one hand, and then claim that the killer was "mentally disturbed" or somehow impaired. No! The problem is that he was perfectly sane and rational, and the fact that he published a manifesto illustrates how rational he is.

It's not like an ex walking into his ex-wife's wedding and shooting her at the altar, or even blowing up the church while she's in it.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic