Cop vs Machette

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Cop vs Machette

Postby Bill on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Check out this amazing vid of a cop taking out the garbage.

Unbelievable technique. Balls of steel.
Last edited by Bill on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Cop vs Machette

Postby everything on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:37 pm

holy moly. i've practiced that kind of move as a partner drill.

of course, this is the kind of thing we'd say on the board doesn't/won't work/don't do it.

to see it work for real - impressive as well as stupid/crazy. I don't care if you have backup. that is too much risk.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Greg J on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:32 pm

This is very cool, but seems to be part of a police training drill.

You can see the complete footage here:

https://www.facebook.com/10000186732385 ... cation=ufi

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Postby everything on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:56 pm

training drill makes a lot more sense
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby C.J.W. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:32 am

Using a shoulder throw/hip throw against roundhouse attacks is often taught in police/army combat training as well as various self-defense methods.
However, I am not really a fan of throws that involve turning my back to the opponent momentarily in a real fight.

It's great if you can get it, but too risky for my taste. There are tons of nasty counters that can be done to someone who's attempting to apply a hip toss with their back turned to you.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:07 am

Looks like a movie.

I am thinking the dude was on drugs which us why the cop wasn't afraid to risk his back or he is a highly skilled martial artist.

I agree that the same result could have occurred without turning his back but good for the officer and thanks for sharing.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Yeah, it looks like a demonstration. However, the swinging attacks are realistic, but I think they'd probably stay out of range and shoot.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Greg J on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:13 pm

C.J.W. wrote:Using a shoulder throw/hip throw against roundhouse attacks is often taught in police/army combat training as well as various self-defense methods.
However, I am not really a fan of throws that involve turning my back to the opponent momentarily in a real fight.

It's great if you can get it, but too risky for my taste. There are tons of nasty counters that can be done to someone who's attempting to apply a hip toss with their back turned to you.

I agree 100%! This has been my experience sparring, unless I outweigh my partner/ opponent.

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Postby marvin8 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:56 am

Steve James wrote:Yeah, it looks like a demonstration. However, the swinging attacks are realistic, but I think they'd probably stay out of range and shoot.

Yes, normal procedure is to keep distance, shoot or taser to avoid risk. The training in the OP video may be irresponsible and putting officers in danger.

Greg J wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:Using a shoulder throw/hip throw against roundhouse attacks is often taught in police/army combat training as well as various self-defense methods.

I agree 100%! This has been my experience sparring, unless I outweigh my partner/ opponent.

Best,
Greg

I've never seen a real fight video where someone has the time to block (force on force?), turn their back, then shoulder throw/hip throw while an attacker is throwing a roundhouse attack, as in the OP video. So, I am not sure how productive that type of police/army combat training is.

In MMA, I have seen single leg takedowns work against an attacker throwing a roundhouse punch. Also, I have seen shoulder throw/hip throw work from from a clinch (with head and arm control) or set up by throwing a roundhouse punch that turns into a headlock and arm control.

Here's a shoulder throw clip out of China that may be training/fake:

Kathi Katha 9 months ago (edited) wrote:I dont no how everyone here could really believe that this is real. Thats obviously fake!!! Thirst the man in red is a known self-defense Instructor. Second, when the other guy comes to throw him seio nage, the guy in red keep his hand on the shoulder of the throwing guy, to control the way he's falling. Third, he falls typically in way of judo (safe falling). Fourth, the throw was much to slow (every good judoka throws seio much faster, even if they are heavy). And finally, what is in the hand of the red person? Sure not a gun, nor a knfie. Totally sum up: COMPLETE FAKE!!!
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:46 am

marvin8 wrote:

Here's a shoulder throw clip out of China that may be training/fake:

Kathi Katha 9 months ago (edited) wrote:I dont no how everyone here could really believe that this is real. Thats obviously fake!!! Thirst the man in red is a known self-defense Instructor. Second, when the other guy comes to throw him seio nage, the guy in red keep his hand on the shoulder of the throwing guy, to control the way he's falling. Third, he falls typically in way of judo (safe falling). Fourth, the throw was much to slow (every good judoka throws seio much faster, even if they are heavy). And finally, what is in the hand of the red person? Sure not a gun, nor a knfie. Totally sum up: COMPLETE FAKE!!!

kathi katha calls that one obvious fake but is just speculating. sure that one could be fake, it might be something out of a movie.. but i can tell chinese cops are quite gutsy, so it could very well be real
Trick

Postby Giles on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:24 am

Greg J wrote:This is very cool, but seems to be part of a police training drill.

You can see the complete footage here:

https://www.facebook.com/10000186732385 ... cation=ufi

Yes, almost certainly. The guy in the white cap walking around in the background appears to be carrying a hand-held camera + tripod or similar and seems quite unconcerned about his own safety (except where he jumps over the flying pipe), so that looks like a QED.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Return to Video Links