Bruce Franzis - Hsing I & I Chuan - 11 CD set...

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Bruce Franzis - Hsing I & I Chuan - 11 CD set...

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks Ed,

I would be nice to know more and see the same results reproduced through the scientific method.

Dr. Longo has shown the effects of fasting on tumors and fighting cancer. Yet it isn't a substitute for cancer treatment in fact fasting (even a 24 hour fast) is often done with chemo with greater results in battling cancer.

This is my issue with chi-gong for cancer. I believe chi-gong should be done by everyone but I don't think it should be sold as a substitute or a cure because I don't think it is anymore than fasting (and fasting is a normal part of my lifestyle). Also I don't think there is enough exact research to say that moving chi cures cancer. If someday this is proven and replicated and it is understood where it fits in within the context of other treatments for cancer then I can see reason to tell students this type of information but until then ethically I would not.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby edededed on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Guo Lin qigong was only developed a few generations ago, and was one person's attempt to use qigong to cure cancer, essentially via spontaneous regression. We also see spontaneous regression happening after fasting, after big lifestyle changes, or sometimes even mysteriously (we don't know why). Some even think it happens often (based on internal scars, etc. discovered later) - since if cancer starts, and regresses before we notice it, we won't remember it.

So I think that although we have some clues and ideas now, we've a long way to go before we know the exact mechanisms of how to kick off spontaneous regression. Unfortunately, as this kind of treatment is less monetizable than new medicines, etc., I wonder if research will spend its time elsewhere.

Guo Lin's research and practice was "step 1" in terms of qigong (she made some big changes).
edededed
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 am

I’ve found some research that shows that doing a strict Ketogenic diet while getting radiation treatments on a brain tumor is more effective than not doing keto. Autophagy from intermittent fasting is scavenging random fragmented proteins in your body. These proteins can mimic dna and cause a cell to mutate into a cancerous cell.
Last edited by D_Glenn on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:24 pm

I would like to hear more.

Dr Longo wasn't using IF though but a prolonged fast.

Probably belongs on the diet thread (below) but since it's cancer we are discussing I will post a video of Longo below. There is some other information you might find into in that thread

https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... d9#p474130

Here's Dr Longo.

Watch "Dr. Valter Longo - Fasting Cycles Retard Growth of Tumors" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/LGafhm1cuSI
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BonesCom on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 am

D_Glenn wrote:I’ve found some research that shows that doing a strict Ketogenic diet while getting radiation treatments on a brain tumor is more effective than not doing keto. Autophagy from intermittent fasting is scavenging random fragmented proteins in your body. These proteins can mimic dna and cause a cell to mutate into a cancerous cell.

I'm interested in where you read this.

But, I'm also confused.

The way it reads you're saying that keto diet and intermittent fasting have opposite effects

Keto diet ===> greater effect of radiation on brain tumour cells = good

Intermittent fasting ===> autophagy of "random fragment proteins" ===> mimic DNA ===> increase mutations ===> turn healthy cells cancerous = bad(?)
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 am

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5842847/

There’s a few more articles on Ketogenic diet and ketosis, if you just search terms of tumor ncbi ketosis.
Last edited by D_Glenn on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 am

I should have just posted the links before, instead of trying to summarize: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6257056/
Autophagy means that your body eats the toxic proteins in your body that contribute to mutation.

Some cancer cells can’t use ketones for fuel, so starving them of glucose kills them.

To what Ededed... wrote, I’m a survivor of childhood leukemia, which back then Chemotherapy was really archaic. I nearly relapsed at one point was upgraded from medium risk to high risk. I caught a really bad infection one time, and I’m allergic to a whole class of penicillin drugs called Erythromycin, so I had exhausted all the available antibacterial drugs that they could give me. So my doctors and nurses sat down with me and in no short terms, said I was going to die if I didn’t imagine myself beating the infection. To not just lie in bed. Get up and have the will to live.
Last edited by D_Glenn on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:00 pm

I've never followed a keto diet, but I have done regular fasting, water only, for the past 55 years with excellent results and benefits. This has included three 30 day water fasts, one of which was followed by an additional 60 days of consuming only veggie juices, fruit juices, and herbal teas, for a total of 90 days or three months without any solid foods.

All previous respiratory allergies and food sensitivities disappeared, never to return, and I've not had a single cold or flu episode since then. I have continued to fast likewise for two days each week in the years since then to cleanse my colon and to maintain the benefits of the earlier fasting described above. 8-)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks for sharing Doc.

30 days is amazing!

I have done 3 and 2 day water fasts with black coffee allowed for the first 24.

I have lost 20 pounds which isn't really about the weight as much as being healthier on the inside. I only eat small amounts of meat when I do eat meat. I have found that ever since I started fasting I am in control of my hunger instead of my hunger being in control of me.

More than that though I am much more aware of what my body wants and needs as a result I naturally make healthier choices when eating and rarely eat fast food now unless it is meatless.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby edededed on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Doh - sorry to miss the last few posts.

D_Glenn: amazing that you were able to beat the leukemia! We are definitely lucky to have you. I know some cancer patients now - do you have any advice for them?

Doc: 90 days - sounds amazing (and also really tough). I guess that I should not just fast randomly - do you have any advice on fasting safely (maybe not so hardcore to start with)?
edededed
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:51 pm

Not Doc but for my few day fasts I drink a gallon of water a day and black coffee on day 1. Then only water. Day 1 is the hardest.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby edededed on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:12 pm

That's a lot of water! Does it help in keeping the hunger away?

(I am not a coffee drinker - so for me, maybe tea...)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:30 pm

edededed wrote:That's a lot of water! Does it help in keeping the hunger away?

Generally speaking, on any strict water fast of more than 3-5 days time, all hunger pangs will totally disappear as a result of not introducing food to stimulate the digestive process, while also simultaneously eliminating the solid waste in the colon from food consumed prior to beginning the fast. :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:48 pm

Well you killed me Doc my longest was 24 days on juice
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Been up to 4 and 5 day water only fasts and it does get easier each time.

Don't think the water replaces the hunger but the body needs water.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Been There Done That