Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby GrahamB on Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Texas bartender charged for serving gunman before mass shooting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48190408

"It is shameful of the Plano Police department to go after the person who was vital in trying to stop the horrific events of that evening."

So, whoever sold him the gun, that's fine. His God-given right, but let's put the bartender in jail.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed May 08, 2019 6:25 am

Well, Graham, the penalty is a year in jail, a $500 fine, or both. Frankly, when matched to the loss of seven lives, I'm not sure it's worth prosecuting. Forget about punishing anything or anyone connected to the firearms industry. I don't believe they're to blame. Otoh, I think it's easy for them to wash their hands of any responsibility because "it's just a business." That's also why it has nothing to do with any god except profit.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 am

I'm just pointing out the madness of prosecuting the bartender, (which they are doing whether you like it or not), and not prosecuting whoever sold him the gun.

How does that make any sense?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed May 08, 2019 8:26 am

About a week ago.

Hero student who tackled North Carolina gunman remembered as 'selfless'

The North Carolina college student credited with saving lives by tackling a gunman firing at his classmates was remembered on Sunday as a person who died, the way he lived, “putting others first.”
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed May 08, 2019 9:30 am

GrahamB wrote:I'm just pointing out the madness of prosecuting the bartender, (which they are doing whether you like it or not), and not prosecuting whoever sold him the gun.

How does that make any sense?

Not trying to make sense of it. I'm saying that imo it's unlikely that anything having to do with firearms or their manufacture will be affected or anyone saved if this bartender is acquitted or in the unlikely event convicted. So, I'm not going to invest any emotion on this case afa that is concerned.

I agree that it's stupid to blame the bartender for the shooting. Otoh, I agree with laws that punish bartenders for serving obviously intoxicated patrons. If the guy had driven across a divider and hit a school bus carrying kids, I'd have the same opinion.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed May 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Yesterday, another school shooting, another hero who didn't have a weapon.
https://news.yahoo.com/latest-students- ... 45181.html
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat May 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Mike Malloy nails it again!

Watch "Schools Became the Frontline of Gun Violence" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/q8Ox345_TPE
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:29 am

BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Thanks for posting.

Interesting how people always look for a motive.

I don't really get it. It seems like a way of not dealing with the pain or perhaps it is a way of trying to find reason when there is not one.

It's not criticism of the writing as much as the writing shows that we can never really understand these things.

In a few years I doubt these stories will get 24 hours of trending time.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 am

One thing that is certain is that no one saw this coming.

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:29 pm

3 dead and the shooter at the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Another right wing wacko.

"Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard," the caption said. "Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw**s?"

A "mestizo" is a person of mixed descent, usually white and Hispanic, or white and American Indian. "Might is Right" is a book published in the late 1800s which has been described as a white supremacist text that promotes anarchy, vilifies Christianity and calls Jesus the "true Prince of Evil." The natural order, according to the book, is a world at war in which the strong must vanquish the weak, and white men must rule over those of color.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:55 am

Disabled 61 year old was home alone in Summerfield, Florida when he was attacked by four armed invaders, one wearing a Jason mask and gloves, the others in all black. The home owner was shot in the leg with a shotgun by one of the attackers before he returned fire with his AR-15, killing two. The police found and arrested the other two suspects hiding in the woods nearby.

Marion Homeowner Fatally Shoots 2 Suspects in Home Invasion

Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 am

Defensive gun uses occur in the hundreds of thousands to millions of times per year in the US, with the vast majority not requiring any shots to be fired, but in the case above having an AR-15 was exactly what was required for self-defense against a gang of four armed home invaders.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:28 pm

19 killed at a Walmart in El Paso Texas today.

And no he wasn't brown.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic