The Dantien

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: The Dantien

Postby Appledog on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 am

Strange wrote:
GrahamB wrote:You're all so cocksure sure of yourselves, aren't you? It's impressive.

:D :D :D
telling it like it is, isn't cocksure my fren
it's being brutally honest

Unconscious dantians and tricknology are par for the course. "Reverse rooting" is another one. There are ways to make sense of what he is saying but they are convoluted and his terminology just adds confusion.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby charles on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 am

When I was a kid we had the cartoon Sinbad the Sailor. Every kid who watched knew that when ever Sinbad needed fighting ability he pulled on his belt, tightening it. Then he was unbeatable. That every kid who watched knew that didn’t make it real. Similarly, just because characters in Chinese theatre took a pill whenever they needed fighting ability doesn’t make it real. It’s theatre, much like Sinbad.

A eunuch lecturing on sex?

I’ve never been to the moon. However, with a “fertile” imagination I can construct an entire plausible basis to support my belief that the moon is made of green cheese. I can write books about it and make videos about it. A few curious or misguided people will probably buy them. Now those who have actually been to the moon will simply shake their heads knowing that I’m either misguided and ill informed or a charlatan preying on those easily taken. Those who have actual first hand experience of the moon won’t spend anytime at all examining the claims and entertaining the notion that there might be something of value in the assertion that the moon is made of green cheese or the construct that supports that belief.
Last edited by charles on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
charles
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 am

A simple google search will tell you that jindan wasn’t just a theatrical concept - it’s a Taoist practice:

https://www.goldenelixir.com/publicatio ... indan.html
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 am

Want to get strong, forget about Dantian and eat your spinach. A good source of iron and other minerals, and fibers to keep the “inner” stomach in shape. Even Sinbad the sailor is no match for Popeye the spinach eater.
Trick

Postby charles on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:26 am

Trick wrote:Even Sinbad the sailor is no match for Popeye the spinach eater.

That's true: Popeye had "wind-up circles".
Last edited by charles on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
charles
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 pm

GrahamB wrote:https://youtu.be/enhYqX8fbwE

This is the latest - I think he should have posted this first as it gives context.

He confuses together shen/spirit, xin/mind and Yi/intent. So he doesn't even get the most basic stuff right.

GrahamB wrote:A simple google search will tell you that jindan wasn’t just a theatrical concept - it’s a Taoist practice:

https://www.goldenelixir.com/publicatio ... indan.html

Yes if course it is. But also, what Phillips describes in theatre/opera is not really something that should be called jindan but he refers to the pill of immortality that alchemists tried to create approx 2000 years ago, a common theme in art and literature as well. A variation of the theme is the Pearl that the Daoists used to control or summon the dragons. Mr Phillips simplifies the subject so it can fit into hus theory.

charles wrote:
Trick wrote:Even Sinbad the sailor is no match for Popeye the spinach eater.

That's true: Popeye had "wind-up circles".

Popeye and Sinbad? You guys mean this short? Liked it a lot as a kid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QIwUpvf2jXY

Last edited by Bao on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Why did Wimpy always say "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"? What was that weird recurring line all about? He wasn't ever in the main plot, so what was up with the recurring joke?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby charles on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 pm

charles
Wuji

Postby charles on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm

everything wrote:Why did Wimpy always say "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"? What was that weird recurring line all about? He wasn't ever in the main plot, so what was up with the recurring joke?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Wellington_Wimpy
charles
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Here’s a good thread https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8361

I had just recently remembered a very simple definition of a Dantian (seed field): to plant a seed in a dirt field, you press in a hollow spot in the dirt, place the seed there, then loosely cover it with dirt, then water it. This is an analogy for what we do when building a Dantian. Expand the abdomen out in all directions to make an empty/ hollow place inside, the packed down dirt is the muscles of the pelvic floor, loose dirt is your diaphragm. Watering is the breath and intention.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 pm

charles wrote:
everything wrote:Why did Wimpy always say "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"? What was that weird recurring line all about? He wasn't ever in the main plot, so what was up with the recurring joke?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Wellington_Wimpy

Ahhhh wow what a backstory he actually had
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Strange on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:59 am

reverse rooting
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links