your side hustle

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: your side hustle

Postby everything on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 am

Are you stocking and shipping on your own? I actually don't really mind this, but I don't know that I'd do it to any large extent.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby klonk on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:20 am

everything wrote:Are you stocking and shipping on your own? I actually don't really mind this, but I don't know that I'd do it to any large extent.

I am transitioning to that model, from having gotten a start selling one-offs. The trouble with drop shippers is that their reputation is not riding on the sale--mine is--so any delays or screwups on their end impact me.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am

Yeah I think you're right. I'm definitely going to dabble a little here and see how it goes. I don't know why I find it to be fun, but I do.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby klonk on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:57 am

A point I find useful: Your products should be things you like and have a thorough understanding of, things you would buy yourself, for then you understand your customer's interests and concerns.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 pm

I think you're right. This way it's also my fun hobby and less of the "grind"/hustle. My soccer team bought a bunch of replica shirts from China, super cheap. Takes about a month to get them, and you never know how high quality they'll be. These were pretty good, so I could probably sell the extras for about 3x what we paid. I have no idea if that would scale, or if I could tolerate the pains of it, but I'll get around to trying it.
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic