Some trouble in Brazil, not a happy ending

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Some trouble in Brazil, not a happy ending

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm

A lesbian couple who tried to force a 9 year old boy, birthed by one of them, into transgender surgery, stabbed the boy to death when he resisted sex re-assignment.

Obviously, the boy was transphobic and homophobic and was expressing right-wing extremism by refusing to have his penis removed. Later in the show, Sam Harris will explain how Victor Orban caused this.

Brazil: Lesbian Couple Who Tried to Force Transgender Surgery on 9-Year-Old Boy Stab Him to Death

I'm not interested in discussing politics online. Just read and absorb. Your comments will not be refuted.
Last edited by Michael on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Re: Lesbian sodomites stab 9 year old to death

Postby middleway on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Wow that's fucking horrific. Thanks for the burn.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:41 pm

If you want to create a bogey man category without being willing to discuss it, then you've already started the fire.
Michael

Postby middleway on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:46 pm

I have created nothing michael. But thanks for proving my point. About discussing political positions online. ... in the brexit thread I was a nazi, here you clearly perceive me to be a lefty apologist.

Neither are even remotely on point. So where would we even start?

As you were.
Last edited by middleway on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 pm

I tried to find a place to start discussion with you, but you just wanted to drop your podcast without any feedback.

I don't know if you're a lefty apologist because you refused to discuss it.

Maybe you are not aware of what's going on, but the obvious implications of the podcast, and your milkshake comment, is that violence against your "right wing extremist" political opponent is completely justifiable because they are ______'s.

Are you suddenly playing dumb to this? It's been in the news and supported by the left for two and a half years?
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:06 pm

CBS' The Good Fight encourages Political Terrorism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpzgbBq32Ac
Michael

Postby middleway on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:07 pm

My point ref the milk shakes and marches is that they are absolutely not the solution ... I was CONDEMNING those actions. The fact that you viewed those comments though your lens isn't my problem.

The point being made in the podcast was how such actions galvanise a push people further left and right into the extremes. Anyone that supports violence is a moron.

Another thing that entrenched people further is misrepresenting facts and the comments of your political opponents, on both sides the proponents can then point to those misrepresentations to garner further support. I the podcast sam brings up how trumps comments of the nazi marches were misrepresented and how this helps both sides gain further support, one pointing to the fake news, the other claiming he supports nazis.

This can end up, in turn compelling people to further agree with their tribe on subjects they may disagree with.

I thought both of those points are rational appraisals. That's part of what I liked that was said.

Here's a good tounge in cheek description of my thoughts.

https://youtu.be/PkCgkf25Tus
Last edited by middleway on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Like pulling hens teeth.
Michael

Postby middleway on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Like banging my head against walls to my left and right in an alley.

Aaaaand that's why things cannot be 'debated' online.
Me

middleway
Wuji

Re: Some trouble in Brazil, not a happy ending

Postby Giles on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am

Michael wrote:A lesbian couple who tried to force a 9 year old boy, birthed by one of them, into transgender surgery, stabbed the boy to death when he resisted sex re-assignment.

I'm truly shocked by this story, assuming it's true and no reason at the moment to assume it's not. That poor, poor kid.

Obviously, the boy was transphobic and homophobic and was expressing right-wing extremism by refusing to have his penis removed.

Now I'm confused and also a little disturbed on another level. What do you mean to say or imply with this sentence?

Insane (literally in this case?) violence and cruelty and also stupidity are not the prerogative of heterosexuals of either sex, nor of homosexuals of either sex, nor of any other transgender persons of any other identification. People are people, there can be great people, average Joes/Janes and vile scum in all categories. Unfortunately a (thankfully very small) percentage of adults have been mistreating, torturing and murdering children for a huge variety of personal or ideological/religious reasons for thousands of years. ....... :(

I am also confused about your use of the word "sodomites" in the original thread title. What's the meaning of that here?
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Now I'm confused and also a little disturbed on another level. What do you mean to say or imply with this sentence?

It is an extremely shocking story, but you're asking straight questions about a twisted discussion between me and the other participant, and explaining dark sarcasm is like explaining an in-joke.

I am also confused about your use of the word "sodomites" in the original thread title. What's the meaning of that here?

I changed the thread title to avoid general disturbance and also the reaction you're having, but it is a simple word to which everyone knows the meaning. A lesbian is by definition a sodomite. Do you object to a series of redundant adjectives? For example, if I said, "I want to drive a blue automotive azure car," would you be confused by the grammar, or do you use the word confusion to mean an objection to aesthetics?
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 pm

But, but, but...tiggering, racism, privilege, global warming, intersectional, third wave, veganism or something...

Come one Michael, this is what you get for not being woke enough.

Just remember that if someone is looking to take offense that any excuse will do.

I'm reminded of a Communications/Social Justice PhD who enrolled in the same TCM college as I did once she figured out what a complete scam academia was in the social sciences. And this was someone who had tenure and gave the university system the finger over their complete bullshit.

We were talking one day and she mentioned that she was going to take up the issue of the word "Oriental" in the title of the school with administration. As in "Oriental Medicine" and how this was "problematic."

When I informed her that no one cared, it took her about 15 minutes to realize that I wasn't trolling her. The reality is no one cared least of all the Asian students in the program. To her credit, she figured it out. The school still has "Oriental Medicine" in its name BTW.

The past may in fact be a foreign land, but getting "the vapors" never goes out of style...
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Good for her. That's pretty quick re-orienting of one's viewpoint.
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm

I thought so too.

Nice lady. Having a kid changed her and we ended up being friends.

Sometimes people figure it out and it is always refreshing when they do. It took the killing fields of Latin America for me to get it and most people, fortunately, never have to deal with something so terrible as a catalyst to change their delusional views of the world.

The oddest part of the "woke" crowd is their complete lack of awareness regarding their own irrelevance historically speaking. No one really wants to revisit the lessons learned regarding the Temperance Movement, Eugenics, Global Cooling or any number of other dustbin issues in American, let alone international, history. Few people anywhere realize the garbage this crowd is spouting is almost exactly the same platform being fronted by the Cathars as just one example.

Their bizarre desire to control the vocabulary of others is one of the strangest issues to me personally. It mostly reeks of cult based efforts to isolate and control others. The meaning behind terms in popular usage may change over time, but these useless doofuses have no impact upon that. FWI, no one is going to remember the name David Hogg fifty years from now.

People who are remember generally build something, invent something or rule something. Being hysterical for hysterias sake never goes anywhere, but I concede it keeps the chaterring classes busy so that is something.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 pm

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic