Dim Mak Kung Fu Master Takes On Sanda Fighter — China

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Dim Mak Kung Fu Master Takes On Sanda Fighter — China

Postby marvin8 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Published on Jul 3, 2019

In this latest TCMA vs MMA, a Chinese self-proclaimed Dim Mak master named Huo Yanshan decides to test out his pressure point techniques against a supposed Sanda fighter. The match is extremely rigged, and if you don't believe me, just watch until the end when I slow down the footage. It's so obvious that the Sanda fighter took the fall to make the Dian Mai look legit. Absolutely shameful display of martial artist spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhg3pDgOU34
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Dim Mak Kung Fu Master Takes On Sanda Fighter — China

Postby dspyrido on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:41 am

Isn't it clear? He dim mak'd his arse to the stone ages.

Let's just put this down as TMA delivering a death blow ... to TMA?
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:38 pm

I do wonder if any of this kind of thing is being paid for by the Chinese government as a way of promoting something that is viewed as traditionally Chinese.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Peacedog wrote:I do wonder if any of this kind of thing is being paid for by the Chinese government as a way of promoting something that is viewed as traditionally Chinese.

Many style utilize this type of theory notably S-mantis....
It might help to understand the theory and practice....Note that
with a different teacher the same response is elicited when he uses it on a demo subject.

The Chinese are studying traditional practices using modern equipment, trying to understand what, why, and how something is
happening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4OHml2FCE
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby chenyaolong on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 pm

All these rigged fights in the face of the rise of MMA and the perceived inferiority of TMA. Makes me think of early 20th century China and its "century of humiliation". Huo Yuan Jia, Wang Zi Ping and others having these famous matches where they defeated foreign strongmen who belittled the "sick men of Asia". Could these have been rigged too? These rigged fights, as well as those TV shows like that mainland Kung Fu Quest one, are playing on these emotions
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:19 am

Peacedog wrote:I do wonder if any of this kind of thing is being paid for by the Chinese government as a way of promoting something that is viewed as traditionally Chinese.

Blaming the Chinese government is as poor as the dim mak guys dim mak. Chinese hospitals do have their TCM departments, but the regular “western” medicine is far more practiced, but if one wish you can be cupped and needled if that’s more to ones liking.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:39 am

Now I’m not saying I’m a dim mak demon, but once during practice(karate) I had been playing around with a one knuckle strike for awhile. The practice was just prearranged (karate) sparring, I made a counter with my one knuckle strike actually just tapping the other guy just under the nose(and above the lips, and he went down, not knocked out down, just his legs gave away for a second....I eyewitnessed how a famous(in Sweden) boxing coach that also ran an bouncer business was taking care of an guy at the door by just a tap to his upper chest, that coach had lived in Japan doing Karate, (J)JiuJitsu and also involved in the early days of kickboxing in Japan, and later in Sweden ...That guy could/can take of rough business by either a good regular punch or a “mystic” finger tap 8-)
Trick

Postby chenyaolong on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:57 am

Trick wrote:

Blaming the Chinese government is as poor as the dim mak guys dim mak. Chinese hospitals do have their TCM departments, but the regular “western” medicine is far more practiced, but if one wish you can be cupped and needled if that’s more to ones liking.

Not the central government, but local governments highly likely.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:01 am

chenyaolong wrote:
Trick wrote:

Not the central government, but local governments highly likely.

The local government I don’t think either. You live in China ? Then you see at some place in about every city some SWAT patrols standing guard with latest top notch equipment, no spears nor swords. 8-)
Trick

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am

Okay, so not to be pedantic or anything, but the notion of "SWAT patrols standing guard" is pretty funny. I mean, it's like a triple contradiction. SWAT=Special Weapons and Tactics, by definition has the latest gear, but they don't patrol or stand gaurd, which are kind of mutually exclusive.

Anyhow, I know what you meant and agree, just had a chuckle.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby chenyaolong on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 am

I mean paying for these stupid rigged matches. It's not about preserving traditions, its about drumming up nationalism. If you follow any of the Wechat accounts which show CMA videos, you will see the ridiculous titles used. Same mentality.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:06 am

It’s my Swenglish. But indeed they stand there a couple of them and usually two armored viechles, if they are on guard or just to show they are around ? well works the same way.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:06 am

It’s my Swenglish. But indeed they stand there a couple of them and usually two armored viechles, if they are on guard or just to show they are around ? well works the same way.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:10 am

How I know it’s the SWAT, well it says so on the black uniforms and viechles. But then I once saw the new traffic cop uniform that said POLIEC on their backs, Chinglish I guess
Trick

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:20 am

]Well I don't even TRY to communicate in any language other than my native English so you've already got me beat
Last edited by origami_itto on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links