Inside China's war on Islam

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Inside China's war on Islam

Postby Bao on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Okay, that is ridiculous and funny if you think someone took it seriously, although because of the very low level of general knowledge in China the third eye thing is a lie that would not appear impossible to the average person in the mainland the way it would to us.
Was this before the crackdown? Before 2000? The CCP has put out a lot of anti-Falungong and anti-qigong propaganda since the crackdown. I can not even mention qigong to Chinese people born after around 1995 without getting an extremely negative reaction. I don't know much about FLG teachings, but I've never heard this stuff about nuclear power plants. Maybe the book was disinformation from the CCP.

This was a Swedish (former) friend here in Sweden when I studied Chinese 1998 or early 1999. The book was already translated into Swedish. This is not any book about Falungong, I am talking about the FalunDafa, their “Bible” written by their leader Xi Hongzhi. What I mentioned is all in there. It’s not only uneducated Chinese that believe in this stuff, but also well educated Europeans. Even doctors are reading this book and continue being followers to this leader who by own words can fly and has X-Ray vision amongst many other “occult” skills. The book is available on their homepage in PDF format for free.

Michael wrote:Generally, on the topic of persecution in mainland China, from what I have seen, what the Chinese government does not like is for people to believe in anything, not even ideas like communism with Chinese characteristics, or whatever is scratched upon their so-called constitution. The only exception is the belief in money...

What I have noticed is that they try to evoke or infuse more nationalism in ways that are absurd. They’ve advised people to not celebrate Christmas which has led many stores to stop selling Christmas trees or decorations. The development towards this direction, and towards an even more closed society is something that IMO is going backwards. There’s a thin line between nationalism and fascism. ...I’ll guess we’ll just have to wait and see... -shrug-
Last edited by Bao on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:27 pm

What is the theoretical solution to this problem?

Freedom of information? Here in the USA, we're still too stupid to use it, or we're preoccupied with the Chinese-funded/produced meme generator app, or offshoring manufacturing to China and software engineering to India.

In Hong Kong, they've been using AirDrop to distribute flyers to Chinese tourists who had no idea there were millions protesting or why they were protesting. Are the proletariat going to rise up and lead a revolution?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm

What is the theoretical solution to this problem? Are the proletariat going to rise up and lead a revolution?

No, the proletariat almost never rise up, and in such a tightly controlled society as Air Strip One America, it would be utterly impossible.
Last edited by Michael on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby everything on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Damn.

I guess we've never before seen this situation except in fiction. May as well keep writing because it doesn't seem like nonfiction will have any answers or paint any informative pictures. The "big data" tech definitely never existed before.

Ok put the tin foil hat back on and keep going.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:35 pm

It's okay. Things won't go as planned.
Last edited by Michael on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby everything on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Speaking of social media,

Twitter went down today and I really missed seeing the Fail Whale! Ah 2007
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 pm

And it happened during the Trump social media summit.

It was only down for like 30 minutes. Did you get the shakes and see sprites coming out of the walls, ya addict?
Michael

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 am

Michael wrote:
Trick wrote:
Michael wrote:beyond parody

The technology available for surveillance and control is extreme. Just one example: if you want to buy a kitchen knife, it will be laser etched with your ID# and you cannot sell it, give it, or lose it.

Is that at the IKEA ?

Not IKEA, no, lol. At the authorized knife shops in Xinjiang.

Authorized knife shops !? Some years ago I saw a reportage on CCTV about an well known (Uighur)knife maker in Xinjiang. His specialty was to make the blades to have this special pattern, I don’t know how to say in English but the blade get this “tiger” stripe pattern.. kind of....
The Smith said the technique was a secret that has been in his family for generations, so when he made these “costume” made knife blades it was behind closed doors(even the China central television team was not allowed to see 8-) ).
Now then, even an unknowingly guy like me knows(in theory) how to produce that pattern, so it’s definitely not a very well kept secret.
The smith most certainly worked undercover for the government, and for sure the secret work he did on the knifes must have been to microchip them...

Doesn’t IKEA have a store in Xinjiang yet ? They’re all over the place otherwise. Maybe they’re not authorized to sell their knifes there(Xinjiang)...That might happen in Sweden too, there was an bad knife incident a couple of years ago.
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:29 am

Michael wrote:Bao, is it really just because you have not personally ever seen any evidence with your own two eyes of oppression in China against religious people that you find it so enjoyable to mock the religious beliefs of the Falungong in a thread about religious persecution, or is it because of your own personal viewpoint about the validity of religion in general?

Excuse me if I have incorrectly presented an either-or question, but that is the best way I can phrase it because I think one can only draw the conclusion from what you have stated, that "...the idea that the Chinese government are trying to oppress Uighurs or Moslems just because they are Uighur or Moslem is something I find ludicrous and very far from the China I have personally met," and therefore there is no religious persecution in China at all since you have dismissed the claims of religious persecution by the three most significant groups who claim it.

Is that your opinion? There is no religious persecution in China at all? Or maybe the persecution involves religious people, but it's the consequences of their behavior and not their beliefs exactly?

Just so you know, I also acknowledge the Chinese government is decreasing poverty and increasing jobs overall. For example, I saw them hire many Buddhist monks in Guangzhou.

Just my own very small interactions with Uighurs here in China, probably doesn’t mean anything in the big picture 8-)

In Dalian my wife and I used to frequent an Muslim restaurant in the neighborhood. One of the chefs whose wife is Han Chinese my wife use to chat with, he sometimes talked how Uighurs was not treated well by Han Chinese that they did not have the same opportunities as others in China.
I thought his talk was strange because his boss the owner of the restaurant ran a very good business, at lunch time the place was always crowded.....mostly by Hans(no not Germans).
And funnily(not really) the “angry” Chef sent his wife “back” to Xinjiang for a couple of months because he thought the wife had too good time conversations with my wife.....Oppressiveness that dont belong in the new modern China.
The only other Uighur experiences I have had in China was an “outspoken” guy I passed by gave me the finger, probably because I’m blond and blue eyed, and then there are the shady ones who try to sell stolen and fake stuff to you. But as I said, most probably has nothing to do with the big picture of things.

FalunGong ! You know if you find yourself falungonging but also sometimes enjoy the practice of Taijiquan or similar you’re at risk to be possessed by demons...The falungong guru says so in his books.
Maybe the Chinese government took his word for true and so advises citizens to not falungong 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 am

Will not give details more than a Falungonger in the 90’s caused a passenger plane going from Beijing to Dalian to crash by detonating a bomb onboard...He was brobably not a pure Falungonger, most have dabbled into Taiji or something else, gotten some demons inside ...
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:46 am

Michael wrote:[
Was this before the crackdown? Before 2000? The CCP has put out a lot of anti-Falungong and anti-qigong propaganda since the crackdown. I can not even mention qigong to Chinese people born after around 1995 without getting an extremely negative reaction. I don't know much about FLG teachings, but I've never heard this stuff about nuclear power plants. Maybe the book was disinformation from the CCP.

As I wrote in another post somewhere, there are TCM departments in every big hospital here in China .....Even at the PLA hospitals, where it even seem more of a serious practice....The Qigong that went on in Chinese parks in the 90’s was seriously silly with a lot of “fake” empty force going on, not only silly but most probably dangerous beliefs, dangerous to ordinary people’s health . Good it stopped.
Trick

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 am

Trick wrote:Will not give details more than a Falungonger in the 90’s caused a passenger plane going from Beijing to Dalian to crash by detonating a bomb onboard...He was brobably not a pure Falungonger, most have dabbled into Taiji or something else, gotten some demons inside ...

Did he throw coins into the engine mid-flight for good luck or open the emergency exit over Henan for some fresh air?

When Peter Hessler wrote in the early 90's in "River Town" about the Professor at his university who was into FLG, he said the guy just kept calling him at 6 AM in order to teach him how to pray. I guess Hessler was lucky to have survived exposure to such a dangerous group.
Michael

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 am

Michael wrote:Generally, on the topic of persecution in mainland China, from what I have seen, what the Chinese government does not like is for people to believe in anything, not even ideas like communism with Chinese characteristics, or whatever is scratched upon their so-called constitution. The only exception is the belief in money, which is permitted and promoted within the context of a social system where it is very difficult to earn without being an exploiter, cheater, liar, or faker to a degree that is not possible in other "capitalist" countries. I use the quotes because of the mixture of communism and capitalism in PRC by people who criticize the problems of capitalist countries, which are valid criticisms, but they are coming from a source that is, as we say in America, neither fish nor fowl.

Making money is very much a Chinese thing, has been so for a long long time. To the degree that certain western powers realized the Chinese where to smart in business and had to be weakened and had the country flooded by opium. And by this the British Crown became even more wealthy for example. By that time European royal houses just loved to be the Drug Barons of the world.
In the money-making business one can’t be naive and believe in all over justness, this business men all over the world knows...Why might this be more noticeable in China? Probably because China per capita has more businesses oriented minds then any other country.
My unprofessional theory is that (European)Communism where a part of west’s plan to keep China weak, but again they miscalculated the Chinese spirit, instead for Communism with “European characteristics” they evolved it to their own Chinese way, and west lost their grip.
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 am

Bao wrote:but also well educated Europeans. Even doctors are reading this book and continue being followers to this leader who by own words can fly and has X-Ray vision amongst many other -

If I remember right the Swedish Falun-gong movement(containing peoples of higher education) set up the Swedish headquarter in the city of Falun, not as a fun thing to do, but actually beleaving in some higher spiritual order lead it to be so. 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:34 am

Bao wrote:to not celebrate Christmas which has led many stores to stop selling Christmas trees or decorations. There’s a -

Ok I’ve here in China mostly lived in the small 6million citizen City of Dalian. I’ve never seen any real sale of Christmas trees and decorations in the big malls. But the malls themselves do some decorations, both in the interior and exterior. Last Christmas was the same. Even in some minor stores or restaurants theres some decorations all year around. Chinese like glitter and colors
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic