rick hotton - Pittsburg 2019

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

rick hotton - Pittsburg 2019

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:00 pm

rick hotton sensei teaching in Pittsburg PA, 2019

For more, visit;
sundaymorningkeiko.org
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: rick hotton - Pittsburg 2019

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:57 am

I have always liked this guy
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:35 am

Haven’t heard about this guy until I read here in another thread about him.
I used to do Shotokan Karate to the point it really got ingrained in body and mind, and on the contrary belief it most probably helped me to grasp the CMA that I have been doin for some time now.
Som I’m always thankful for my past practice, and now and then go back to examine it. So recently i wanted to look up about Shotokan in China and found there’s a club in (at least)Beijing, found an page on the Chinese tubes with lots of Shotokan videos.....If anyone interested you might also except for Rick Hotton want to check out a guy named Tatsuya Naka who has some interesting teaching going on, and Masao Kagawa who display and apply the most superb technique .

Yes that’s how much I still like the Shotokan way. To the point that my little post might sound as I’m here to promote and convert you guys 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:35 am

Haven’t heard about this guy until I read here in another thread about him.
I used to do Shotokan Karate to the point it really got ingrained in body and mind, and on the contrary belief it most probably helped me to grasp the CMA that I have been doin for some time now.
Som I’m always thankful for my past practice, and now and then go back to examine it. So recently i wanted to look up about Shotokan in China and found there’s a club in (at least)Beijing, found an page on the Chinese tubes with lots of Shotokan videos.....If anyone interested you might also except for Rick Hotton want to check out a guy named Tatsuya Naka who has some interesting teaching going on, and Masao Kagawa who display and apply the most superb technique .

Yes that’s how much I still like the Shotokan way. To the point that my little post might sound as I’m here to promote it and convert you guys 8-)
Trick

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:02 am

I love that kick he's demoing in the first clip. The relaxed controlled power, definitely the real deal
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 am

Shotokan Karate
Published on Jul 19, 2019

rick hotton sensei teaching and sharing his thoughts on an approach to practice - Denmark, HDKI summer camp 2019.
For more content join the community at; sundaymorningkeiko.org:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os_L122yqwI
marvin8
Wuji

Return to Video Links