Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Steve, If there's nothing wrong in American with expressing your opinion, and those opinions continue to escalate, do we just watch the country implode and be happy the first amendment was respected?
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:35 pm

If I have to respect the KKK and "white nationalists" and people carrying Nazi flags, ya damn right.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:52 pm

I know what you mean, but those things have no influence and are propped up by feds for photo ops by CNN. The only first amendment that is allowed universally is what protected groups say against whites. That's Omar and the squad and they have used it often. Any criticism of them is deflected because they're women of color, then they accuse Pelosi, Trump, whomever, of racism, white supremacy, etc.

So the first amendment only goes one way now, just like racism as origami defined it.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:17 pm

This person has sued at least a dozen Canadian salons and just got a woman kicked off twitter because she responded to his disgusting insults about her vagina and uterus (she recently had a baby) by calling him a fat man. Free speech for some and not for others. Not really all inclusive.

This is not about waxing. This is about businesses and individuals using their religion and culture to refuse service to protected groups because -they- don’t agree with it or the person and use that to illegally discriminate contrary to the BC Human Rights Code and the CHRC.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/18/tran ... -predator/
Michael

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Michael wrote:Image

This person has sued at least a dozen Canadian salons and just got a woman kicked off twitter because she responded to his disgusting insults about her vagina and uterus (she recently had a baby) by calling him a fat man. Free speech for some and not for others. Not really all inclusive.

This is not about waxing. This is about businesses and individuals using their religion and culture to refuse service to protected groups because -they- don’t agree with it or the person and use that to illegally discriminate contrary to the BC Human Rights Code and the CHRC.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/18/tran ... -predator/

So what meaning do you think we should take from this?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 pm

I think it's one of the absurdities of our current attempts to make everything perfectly fair and inclusive for everyone. We've run into a dilemma where someone who appears to me to be abusive and predatory is empowered to destroy the free speech rights and financial income of people in lesser protected groups. I think it's instructive as a negative example, a case of what not to do, about how to structure society in a way to increase cohesion instead of creating conflict.

EDIT: Do you have any reaction to it? Is it just an isolated case or does it have larger importance?
Last edited by Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

I honestly don't know enough about it to form an opinion, honestly. Sounds like somebody might be a piece of shit.

I hate to break it to you, though, there are many times in life where laws and power are used to terrorize and harass with impunity. Generally speaking, it's not trans persons who are wielding the cudgel. In fact I think you'll find that more often than not, even today, they're much more likely to bear the brunt of that terrorization and harassment.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:54 pm

In fact I think you'll find that more often than not, even today, they're much more likely to bear the brunt of that terrorization and harassment.

I think both cases are true. They suffer a lot from being social anomalies and some of them use their protected status to cause damage. Maybe it will get worked out over time.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Well, there was also that church murderer who got treated to Burger King, but cap boy and he aren't the point.

I can sum it up like this. When I was a kid, they made us say the Pledge of Allegiance every day. I quote:

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America [not to ANY other country]
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one Nation under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all

I thought "all" meant "all" and "one" meant "one." What do ya'll think it means? Do children recite it anymore? Or is it an inside joke.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:38 pm

What does Dylan Roof have to do with this? I know you want to change the topic to bring up a white on black crime even though there are more counter-examples that are more horrific and receive almost no press, but if Roof is found guilty, he should be executed as quickly as possible. I can't write my real feelings about the punishment he should receive.

I was highlighting how the status of being a minor is irrelevant if you are white and alleged to have disrespected a person of color. In that case you will be relentlessly attacked, but if you are trans or gay and murdered a random kid in a school like the purple hair did with his trans/gay accomplice in Denver this year, because gay/trans is a protected class well above white and minor, you will not receive the same negative attention from the media and public that someone like Sandmann received.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:10 am

Chris Wallace Fox Sunday interviews Stephen Miller about "send her back." Miller says Trump's criticism about Obama and other American policies do not betray love for country, whereas Cortez and Omar's comments do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym7zBmMOG1w
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Michael

Postby Bill on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:46 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That