Qigong in circle walking?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Qigong in circle walking?

Postby everything on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:54 am

Can you tell me your basic tips?

Not really MA related, but BGZ related.

What would the non MA monk who taught Dong have done in his circle walking?

I somewhat can't help thinking MA thoughts trying this but that isn't my focus/interest at the moment. Interested in moving meditation, relaxation, qigong.

Also I wasn't thinking of the "facing south" question but that topic did make me think about circle walking because of "facing" inside the circle from all directions.
Last edited by everything on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Qigong in circle walking?

Postby Peacedog on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 am

Depends upon what you are trying to do.

In Hermetics, it would depend upon what energy you are generating and the associated tendon training maneuver.

In Ziranmen, you would be pumping the spine wave and generating lightness the whole time.

Can't speak to BGZ as I have zero innate ability with their twist type of power.

The facing south thing becomes important in the context of ritual work and harnessing a given egregore. The access procedures can be pretty specific depending upon what you are dealing with. If you are doing something astrologically, or Kabbalistically for that matter, driven direction matters as well as it can impact the flow of the energy being harnessed.

So I give you the great answer of "it depends." lol :)
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:39 am

That Dong would have created a MA on non-MA circle walking is sadly a common belief but frankly said ridiculous. He knew martial arts and he has never claimed to invent anything. In fact there is a quote from Cheng Tinghua stating that Dong said to him that you should be careful looking for a Bagua teacher. This suggests that Bagua was not something new but maybe Bagua was a new name.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 am

Fuck me I just wrote a giant post and the damned board logged me out. I should know better by now. Anyway if you want esoteric baguazhang go see a Kenny Gong lineage instructor. Tom Morrissey is who I got the transmission from and I also learned a lot from Lloyd Day. I have been told repeatedly to read Cleary's Secret of the Golden Flower to understand the energetic process. Chris Matsuo and Ray Carbullido can also show you some of the aspects related to Vajrayana practice. Richard Shapiro showed me some cool stuff from Zhang Jie when we met up but I didn't quite "get" the BK Frantzis material he's working on. That said one of Richard's former students who is a current student of Bruce's is probably one of the most advanced alchemical practitioners I've met.

Circle walking is the basis for a lot of the group ritual. You need at least 4 people and preferably 8 or 9. Once you get enough people who know the 5 elements and some palm changes together you can stack the 5 elements in the 5th palace and then start circle walking. You do 3 heaven palm changes before doing any of the other changes. Then commence with the 9 Palaces walking in the dragon pattern. I've seen the same sigil pattern applied to both the pre-heaven and post-heaven baguas. Basically you're calling down dragons to eat your suffering energy and then they shit out a bunch of qi for you. Dragons look like serpents until your vibratory level is high enough and then they look like energy vortices. If you have a xingyi transmission and want to excel at bagua you must practice some form of Buddhism to gain skill as the Garuda and Nezha will kill or drive off any dragons that don't have the diamond "pass" from the Buddha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw5lA6_y12o
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby robert on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 am

everything wrote:Can you tell me your basic tips?

Not really MA related, but BGZ related.

I somewhat can't help thinking MA thoughts trying this but that isn't my focus/interest at the moment. Interested in moving meditation, relaxation, qigong.

For the most part the body mechanics/body requirements for the CIMA come from daoyin so they are the same. In bagua circle walking turning around is important - you can turn toe in toward the center of the circle or toe out away from the center of the circle. You need to get that right. You store in the leg when you step and then release/unwind to turn. There are usually eight different positions for the arms. You walk n number of circles then turn m number of times and then change arm positions and repeat. Guarding the One is a common Daoist meditation technique (focus on the dantian). So maintain all the body requirements and keep your mind in your dantian.

Some postures:

Heaven and earth

Embracing moon at chest
You can also do this with the arms lower at the height of the dantian.
Note how in the first two images they are turned toward the center of the circle.

The image on the left without the sword, just palms open facing up.

Some background.
https://pakuachangjournal.com/circleWalk.php?page=2

HTH
Last edited by robert on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm a little overwhelmed with this information. Will reply again later.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:12 am

@ greytowhite
love to hear more about - "calling down dragons to eat your suffering energy and then they shit out a bunch of qi for you."
Is more info av alible via internet?
thx in advance
W.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 am

From what I understand the bagua came to the ancient Greek cult of Astraeus who is the father of the 4 winds and 5 planets. This may have come from Greece or to Greece through Persia thanks to their multiple wars and exchange of Central Asian culture with the Mediterranean. Then with Alexander the Great's conquest it made its way to India and was preserved in the Mahavairocana Sutra. It was integrated into Zoroastrian cults, Bonpo and Vajrayana influenced esoteric sects. China may have had multiple washes of that wave upon its shores if you will. The Dzungarian gate to the West, Java and Tibet to the south. Why is the Heaven trigram associated to a Lion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_and_ ... background
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 am

Many higher dimensional beings are able to feed on human suffering. Those dragons not sworn to the Buddha often organize human trafficking, child sex rings, our modern immigration detention and prison systems these are all examples of some of these creatures making suffering into a ready food source. Probably one of the reasons someone like Steven Seagal is on the run in Russia over his own sexual assault issues, he's of the Gong style lineage but really fucked up. He'll say it's a deep state conspiracy but I doubt it. It's really easy to build too much jing and have a lot of nasty qi leaking out, it attracts them like flies to shit.

Some people get greedy and consciously ally with these beings. Many people who practice NLP for seduction techniques have a "dark rider" or two. One of the purposes of daoyin or guiding and leading practices is purging the patterns of our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual selves of our memories of suffering. The elemental practices, then the invocation of the bagua along the specific patterns calls for these dragons associated to one's various lineages to eat suffering, usually there are weather phenomena associated as well. I can do seated practices and strong winds will come. Tom Morrissey if going to be releasing a video course on 9 Palaces Walking for veterans with PTSD.

While not everyone feels called to it, one of the easiest methods of gaining access to higher vibration is reiki. I have done these courses and while they're less practical than the Hirai family material I've also learned it is effective. I have only done Love Inspiration's Usui courses up to 3a, Kundalini Reiki up to 3, and I'm almost done with their Celestine volume. It's interesting working with various "spirit guides" that each tradition has. Usui Reiki is mainly Japanese but if you're familiar with the Chinese side then one should call for Guanyin, Li Jing, Amituofo/Wuliangshou.

https://www.loveinspiration.org.nz/usui-reiki.html

Xingyi spirit guide - Yue Fei/Garuda
Bagua spirit guides - I need to work on this more, so far I've encountered blue/white water dragon that was Kundalini arising and overturning in a double helix spiral and spun up my 3 dantians, violet dragon then repatterned my chakras, rainbow dragon squeezed me like I was choking to death and then flew away like it just ate the fattest meal of its life. A title was communicated to me later - Dusk Guardian of the Purple Cloud Temple. The only being that has named itself so far was Astraeus.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Circle Walking is a really powerful neigong/ daoyin. Most of the daoist cultivation work can be achieved via Circle Walking everyday. Song style Xingyiquan had picked up the practice of circle walking from Baguazhang and dubbed it Na Gua (incorporating the trigrams), because it’s such a beneficial neigong.

To really see any benefits though, you need to pick one posture and only practice that one posture for an hour everyday for almost a year, then you could switch to a different Baguazhang posture, or just continue doing the same one. Different postures impart different physical and internal adaptations. In the Yin Style Bagua I practice, men will start with the Lion posture, while women may start with the Phoenix posture. The reason is that the posture itself is a daoyin and in order to get to deeper levels you can’t keep changing the configuration of the meridians in your arms, while you’re Circle Walking. Also just do a real quick change of directions, never do a full form, because that’s also too much of a disruption. Try not to change directions too often.

Face south while in wuwei, the circle will be behind you, turn to your left and always start walking in a counterclockwise direction. When you finish and close down the practice and return to wuwei stance, you will again be facing south but on the opposite side of where you started, with the circle in front of you.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:35 am

Not to frequent change of direction - you mean palm change and reverse direction on the "clock"?

It seems (at a glance) that people might start with a xingyi santishi type of posture instead of lion.
everything
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:45 am

everything wrote:Not to frequent change of direction - you mean palm change and reverse direction on the "clock"?

It seems (at a glance) that people might start with a xingyi santishi type of posture instead of lion.

Yea. Just do a very simple palm change to reverse directions. 1-3 movements max.

That’s the Dragon posture which is good since it’s another Yang animal posture which will also build up strength.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Ah ok, very interesting, thanks. I'm going to continue this way for a while, keep it simple. Simple is interesting and feels good and right, though.
everything
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:34 am

thx for the thread,
its kick my back into practice.
I do 36 breathings and changing direction in :
dragon, lion, unicorn, snake, swallow, eagle, phoenix and monkey positions.
this is over 1h gong,
Last edited by wiesiek on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan