The Violent Right

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Violent Right

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 am

LaoDan wrote:

“Seemed” because I admit that I am not an expert (I am not a historian), and early on I detected the smell of an agenda, and I would have normally turned it off rather than continuing to listen all the way through because I do not trust the “advertising” approach to information dissemination.

You “seem” to be incapable of having objectivity, so there is no point in “debating” it with you. I do not feel the need to spoon feed you information since you “seem” to selectively ignore what does not support your position and latch onto whatever you see as being supportive of your current position. You “seem” to be quite good at finding sources to spoon feed you the diet that you are looking for.

and yet here you are,,,feel good?
sources are sources,,,spoons are spoons, you seem to be eating well..

If you cannot detect the differences between the presentation and the “summation” then you may not have the will or the intellectual capability to attempt objectivity.

and you'r objective?

In my opinion, people should be able to detect problems long before the ending of the video, and should turn it off prior to reaching the end.

good, you have an opinion, reads like its mostly about your self...
like an echo,,, it seems you do like the sound.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:31 am

windwalker wrote:
LaoDan wrote:

“Seemed” because I admit that I am not an expert (I am not a historian), and early on I detected the smell of an agenda, and I would have normally turned it off rather than continuing to listen all the way through because I do not trust the “advertising” approach to information dissemination.

You “seem” to be incapable of having objectivity, so there is no point in “debating” it with you. I do not feel the need to spoon feed you information since you “seem” to selectively ignore what does not support your position and latch onto whatever you see as being supportive of your current position. You “seem” to be quite good at finding sources to spoon feed you the diet that you are looking for.

and yet here you are,,,feel good?
sources are sources,,,spoons are spoons, you seem to be eating well..

If you cannot detect the differences between the presentation and the “summation” then you may not have the will or the intellectual capability to attempt objectivity.

and you'r objective?

In my opinion, people should be able to detect problems long before the ending of the video, and should turn it off prior to reaching the end.

good, you have an opinion, reads like its mostly about your self...
like an echo,,, it seems you do like the sound.

I do not think that you can be taken seriously. I do not take you seriously.

Talk about the sound of one’s own voice? How many political posts have you made compared with the number that I have made?

Objectivity? You demonstrated to me your lack of intellectual capability on a different thread where you could not even understand basic statistics when the objectivity of news sources was mentioned (in the “fake news” discussion).

You are free to seek biased sources; you seem to relish them.
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am

I do not take you seriously.

And yet here you are.
What's the point?

The starting point of my post was a question relating to what were called the Dixiecrats.

As to whether the Democrats in mass turned into Republicans.

Historically this is inaccurate.

Used by many in their own narrative.
"The saga continues"

Whatever this means.

By whatever source one uses it was an inaccurate statement.

Of course it could be wrong which is what I was looking for.

The usual attacks ensued, understandable by those who make them in furthering their own inner narratives.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:21 am

Here I am and here you are. What is the point?
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:28 am

windwalker wrote:
yeniseri wrote:Remember when many Democrat politicians changed to the Republican Party, en masse! Thought so...the saga continues ;D

Interesting,
any links showing this to be true

Looks like no links supporting the statement

Later

Back the scheduled programming
windwalker
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am

Everything changes, including political parties. The “party of Lincoln” is not the same as it was, and using Lincoln’s philosophy to justify the current Republican Party policies is absurd. The current Republican Party is not the same as it was in Lincoln’s time, regardless of whether or not there was party switching (by “Dixiecrats” or anyone else).
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:19 am

Aw, it's just a diversion. Dixiecrats were simply democrats in the south who voted republican because they disagreed with policies that affected or changed segregation and racial laws there. However, Democrats and Republicans in Congress instituted laws that made racial laws illegal. For ex., it became illegal to for a state to forbid inter-racial marriages. At any rate, there are plenty of video from the 50s and 60s of southern Democrats explaining their views. It's easy to compare what they say to what's said today and who says it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:58 am

Back the scheduled programming

If your scheduled programing is Prager U, Jesse Lee Peterson, and other completely deranged an ahistorical youtube channels, it is time to change the schedule and the programming.

文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

On the other hand, ABC is generally reliable.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-a ... d=58912889

a nationwide review conducted by ABC News has identified at least 36 criminal cases where Trump was invoked in direct connection with violent acts, threats of violence or allegations of assault.

In nine cases, perpetrators hailed Trump in the midst or immediate aftermath of physically attacking innocent victims. In another 10 cases, perpetrators cheered or defended Trump while taunting or threatening others. And in another 10 cases, Trump and his rhetoric were cited in court to explain a defendant's violent or threatening behavior.

Seven cases involved violent or threatening acts perpetrated in defiance of Trump, with many of them targeting Trump's allies in Congress. But the vast majority of the cases -- 29 of the 36 -- reflect someone echoing presidential rhetoric, not protesting it.

ABC News could not find a single criminal case filed in federal or state court where an act of violence or threat was made in the name of President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:15 pm

oragami_itto wrote:On the other hand, ABC is generally reliable.

Good to know

What do they say about the latest shooting
6 officers shot. Was Trump, mentioned yet?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Well, he clearly believed he had a right to bear arms. Damn. He held off a hundred police with his firepower.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 am

windwalker wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:On the other hand, ABC is generally reliable.

Good to know

What do they say about the latest shooting
6 officers shot. Was Trump, mentioned yet?

Does anyone think that a man with a violent criminal past who was fighting off the police serving a warrant for his arrest was acting with overt political motivation? No. It has zero relation to this thread's topic.

Keep grasping at straws...
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am

Can anyone name one piece of legislation passed by the GOP designed to help the working man?

I don't mean the 1800s either. I am talking about today or at least in the last 50 years.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 am

Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:02 am

Prager U is a propaganda tool used to try to flip millenials with a green screen.

As far as I am convinced conservativism is nothing more than an ideology.

Here is Bernie talk about real solutions to real problems.

Watch "Joe Rogan Experience #1330 - Bernie Sanders" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/2O-iLk1G_ng
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic