BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 am

Hmm, does being in the EU mean that anyone unskilled from Europe just enter the UK and get UK benefits? Is that true for people from the US? When I went to England, I was grilled on my reasons for being there. I was specifically told I couldn't work. It was the same in France, Germany and Switzerland. Except there it was only possible to get a job if no citizen wanted it. Switzerland is famous for having Italian and Turkish laborers. The Swiss joke is that the road repairs are done so the Italians can have jobs. Which jobs are European immigrants taking from Brits?

The other question is why should there be a UK or Britain anyway. Can Scots take English and Welsh jobs, and vice versa? And, why should Brits be allowed to work in Europe? What skills do they have that Europeans don't. Afa I see, complaints about immigration are as widespread in Europe as anywhere else.

There are also many nationalist movements that threaten Spain and Italy --just two countries that only became nations less than 200 years ago.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Peacedog wrote:How many battalions do Scotland and Northern Ireland have? Oh yeah, none. So pretty much nothing is going to happen.

As an American, I have no binding personal interest in this fight.

That said, I have as of yet to see anyone on the Remainder side articulate any specific advantage to staying a part of the EU.

The negatives have been elaborated extensively, oddly, by both sides. Payments to an unaccountable bureaucratic organization (i.e. the EU), momement and long term occupation of British territory by non-British subjects (anyone been to London lately?) and a generalized loss of autonomy to an unelected group of globalists in Brussels via an uncontrollable regulatory process by people who do not live in the UK in any event.

As for access to European markets, well, both sides need this anyway. Maybe some kind of tarriff/taxation issue exits, but that can be worked out with individual states in any event.

Free movement of people is part of being part of the European market. I Iisted several companies who are closing shop in England due Brexit.

As to no battalions in Northern Ireland and Scotland, I don't think they will keep Scotland from claiming independence. First off I don't see any military threat to Scotland and it would still be a NATO member (Didn't someone here state that Costa Rica would be invaded because it has no military yet it never happened?) Secondly Scotland voted against Brexit.

As an American it isn't important whether I have a dog in this race. What I do find interesting is that some Americans are trying to claim that the EU represents the globalists when actually the EU was started to resist American globalization. The US used to bully individual European countries to bend to US will which is why the EU started much like the way any labor union starts. Had the US treated countries as equal partners instead of threatening them economically and then sending us military types into to die if they don't submit we would not be here.

The US is ultimate in pushing a globalist agenda which screws the poor and small a nations.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:17 pm

GrahamB wrote:Yes of course the UK has to pay to be a member of the EU, as do all member countries.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/revealed-much ... 16877.html

Yes and this money is used to help EU countries maintain a high standard of living unlike US federal taxes where most of the money goes to the military industrial complex.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:06 pm

GrahamB wrote:Oh I think i've seen enough of your "strength combined with compassion" to last a lifetime already.

It's really working out well globally, isn't it? I mean, economically, of course.

Hell no!

An American version of that is peace through firepower. Yet Iraq is wrecked, the Taliban controls Afghanistan and Kim is still shooting off missiles and developing nukes.

I have a feeling little will change. I don't the UK having a mass deportation force against people who arrived and are working legally. Even though it might be a Brexiter fantasy for some on the far right.

More than likely UK economy will take a hit and newcomers will leave as job opportunities dry up and go to the continent. I imagine the hit will be global and with any luck at least it will help get Trump lose the election and we can to turn around this worldwide hysteria.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Take a hit?

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 am

Comic Con London cancelled due to Brexit.

https://exhibitionnews.uk/london-film-a ... me-brexit/
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Downturn in the economy world wide.

Trump getting his ass kicked by the Chinese in the Trump trade war. (Notice he is holding off on the new tariffs until December 15?)

Then Brexit.

I think this could lead to a world wide recession. I am sure the far right will continue to blame strong women, gays, Jews, Muslims, "Mexicans," African-American leaders, and other minorities while the corporations and the ultra rich take complete advantage of the situation making up conspiracies and denying us any more raises for another 10 years...oh joy!
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 am

grzegorz wrote: What I do find interesting is that some Americans are trying to claim that the EU represents the globalists when actually the EU was started to resist American globalization. The US used to bully individual European countries to bend to US will which is why the EU started much like the way any labor union starts.

The US is ultimate in pushing a globalist agenda which screws nations.

That’s an interesting conspiracy theory I’ve not heard before, but yes why not? As US continues to bullying their way all over the globe, as we know from the HK thread US now poking their needles even more at China.....So yes they most probably has an bullish history toward nations of Europe too.

But however, of course the EU is a project/step forward for Globalization, a big global Tower of Babel is the wet dream.

And since you are a globalization supporter(think of the globalized globe as an macro EU, with “free” movement here and there) you should thank your favorite President(s) for constantly trying to bullying forward the NWO....The Land of the free....
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Nothing like a personal attack when you are losing an argument.

You still singing that same song about Hong Kong?

Well here's some truth for you.

Johnson, just today, stated that the US wants a post Brexit trade deal but the US has big demands.

As to Trump and the US's obsession with world dominance, yes thank you Captain Obvious for proving my point.

Europe's loss is the US's gain.

(Btw, you failed to prove anything on the HK thread.)
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Btw, when expats in China complain about globalism I just have to laugh.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 am

No no, I’m not that kind of globalist, I’m not trying to impose any Swedish ideals here in China, but happy to try tell something about Sweden or similar if asked about it, no problem.
I blend in just fine here, when someone say Meigou buhao, i agree..8-)
Trick

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 am

IKEA is as globalist as McDonald's. I think imperialist is more accurate. Sweden and England can't be imperialist and impose their culture on the rest of the world. The US can, and it certainly isn't trying to make the EU stronger. When I say the US, I mean Trump administration policy. China and Russia both want to expand or absorb territory.

I'm against the nationalism that pretends to countrr globalism by being imperialistic. Europe has a consistent history of self destruction. Sweden and Switzerland avoided much by remaining neutral. There's no wonder they hesitate to join EU.

Otoh, the Earth is a globe and we're stuck on it.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:25 am

Steve James wrote: Europe has a consistent history of self destruction. Sweden and Switzerland avoided much by remaining neutral. There's no wonder they hesitate to join EU.

Otoh, the Earth is a globe and we're stuck on it.

yes, a lot of wars has been fought in europe, while sweden managed to stay out of ww1&2(it was planned so that swe&swiss be "neutral") sweden has played quite big roles in previous european wars https://www.sweden.org.za/the-military- ... weden.html Now an EU armed forces will be built up, probably Russia will be/is the boogeyman reason for this, ........Yeah, if the shtf for real , Trump, Bill/Hill & co will be on a rocket to the secretly alreadyterraformed Mars.....or maybe they just settle for the epstein island
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:05 pm

Trick wrote:No no, I’m not that kind of globalist, I’m not trying to impose any Swedish ideals here in China

Like any foreigner anywhere.

Btw, if you think I am a globalist then good. I am glad to know that this makes you so emotional because I couldn't care less.

14 years in China but gets pissed off when labelling "other" people globalists...-lol-

What next! Call me an American?
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic