Kung Fu vs MMA — Bruce Lee Wannabe vs Xu Xiaodong's Friend

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kung Fu vs MMA — Bruce Lee Wannabe vs Xu Xiaodong's Friend

Postby marvin8 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Published on Aug 19, 2019

This absolutely ridiculous video trended on social media recently, and it was worthy of a Fight Commentary Breakdown. In this match in the ring (hilariously in the middle of a mall), a guy dressed up in a Bruce Lee track suit takes on Xu Xiaodong friend Xuan Wu (玄武). The results are a KO in 12 seconds. Let's watch and see who gets KOed. For those of you watching, let us know what you see and let us know if you have any information. From my research on Chinese social media, the fake Bruce Lee's name is Tan Long (谭龙) and he challenged the MMA fighter sometime before August 3rd. This match apparently took place in Yinchuan, China. I will have more information soon. It will be updated in the top pinned comment. Talk soon!

Channel where this footage sits without commentary:
https://www.facebook.com/kungfuhub/vide ... =2&theater

To see Xuan Wu take on another direct Ip Man branch Kung Fu master: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efx19IKyzPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGL99Gev2w
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Kung Fu vs MMA — Bruce Lee Wannabe vs Xu Xiaodong's Friend

Postby nicklinjm on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:26 am

Bl00dy ridiculous
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:26 am

If all this “challenge” stuff is an attempt to breast up and promote MMA in China, it’s probably failing. It is ridiculous poor marketing, if that what it’s supposed to be.....
Actually, is there a feel around that the whole MMA/UFC and even GJJ thing is getting less interesting, that the circus has had its peak ? it went too mainstream as an fashion thing? as those tribal and Beckham sleeve tattoos...

Long live traditional Chines martial arts, hip hip hooray/ 干杯 8-)
Trick

Postby aamc on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Whilst I like what the guys on Fight Commentary Breakdowns are trying to do. I find the commentary, awful and really distracting. However I've found myself really listening to Jack Slack's breakdowns:

aamc
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:59 am

Reminds me of some of the early rounds at the lei tai championships...but is anyone really surprised at this point?
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 am

Trick wrote:

Most here echo this.

What is traditional now was innovative then.
CMA like China as a whole is adapting and modernizing in a way unique to its culture and people.

So far it would seem that they have not found a right mix that can bring the unique flavor of CMA into competitive events.
Still in the studying / experimenting phase.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:47 am

aamc wrote:Whilst I like what the guys on Fight Commentary Breakdowns are trying to do. I find the commentary, awful and really distracting. However I've found myself really listening to Jack Slack's breakdowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70TyqazBb4

Yes, the commentary and fights are not really that high level. I just like that he can speak and read chinese, update CMA in China, what chinese social media may be saying, etc.

Trick wrote:If all this “challenge” stuff is an attempt to breast up and promote MMA in China, it’s probably failing. It is ridiculous poor marketing, if that what it’s supposed to be.....
Actually, is there a feel around that the whole MMA/UFC and even GJJ thing is getting less interesting, that the circus has had its peak ? it went too mainstream as an fashion thing? as those tribal and Beckham sleeve tattoos...

I don't think it is. The China government may be supporting sanda more. However, I think MMA popularity in China is just beginning with new UFC PI opened in Shanghai and Weili Zhang fighting for the UFC strawweight title next week, on 8/31/19, in Shenzhen. Also, One Championship is gaining popularity in asia as well.

UFC Canada on 22 Aug 2019 wrote:And New or And Still?

JessicaMMAPro looks to defend against Weili Zhang next week at UFCShenzhen!

ReactQ 2
Published on Aug 22, 2019

Weili Zhang Teaches Rapper/Singer Vinida How to Fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdSklFvYnwg
marvin8
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Shouldn't the title be San Da vs. Clown in yellow jumpsuit?
Can styles even fight to make it a "vs"?
Is kung Fu even a style?
Is MMA even a style?
Doesn't it really just say "skill achieved through hard work and practice" vs. "mixed martial art (ist)"?

... & most importantly ...

Why am I wasting my time on this stupidity?
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Greg J on Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:54 pm

aamc wrote:
Whilst I like what the guys on Fight Commentary Breakdowns are trying to do. I find the commentary, awful and really distracting. However I've found myself really listening to Jack Slack's breakdowns:

Jack Slack is fantastic. Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Return to Video Links