taiji magazine

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

taiji magazine

Postby windwalker on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:42 pm

For those interested in having some of their work published.
This magazine is looking for articles from all levels and practices....

you can mention windwalker as a reference in the email...

While not formally associated with the magazine I do support their efforts in publizing taiji
and being a platform for others to share their work on....

Last edited by windwalker on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: taiji magazine

Postby yeniseri on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks for the heads-up!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:03 pm

;)

If anyone needs more info they can PM
for details..The magazine based in China, currently published in Asia
soon to be published in the US and on the web some time next yr.......

Not directly affiliated with it, but do support their efforts
in providing a platform enabling lay and professional practitioners of taiji
to present their work with the goal of helping to explain and clarify practices of taiji
from many different perspectives and styles.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby edededed on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:38 pm

I was just reading an old issue of Tai Chi magazine (same name, different publisher I guess), thinking that it was a shame that these CMA magazines don't seem to be able to exist anymore. So, great that there are still others around who are still trying!

(If yoga can do it, why not taiji?!)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 pm

edededed wrote:I was just reading an old issue of Tai Chi magazine (same name, different publisher I guess), thinking that it was a shame that these CMA magazines don't seem to be able to exist anymore. So, great that there are still others around who are still trying!

(If yoga can do it, why not taiji?!)

you may have been thinking about this publisher

The founder Marvin Smalheiser, publisher and editor of the popular T’AI CHI Magazine passed away on October 21, 2016, from undisclosed causes. He was in his mid-80’s.

The T’ai Chi Magazine was a must-read for the Tai Chi and Chi Kung practitioner it contained really good articles that kept you updated and informed about Chinese internal Martial Arts as well as other health disciplines. In the back of the magazine you would find the Wayfarer Tai Chi catalog, the catalog was a good source for Tai Chi DVD’s, Chi Kung DVD’s, Tai Chi Books, Meditative Music, and other Tai Chi related products.

https://taichi-daily.com/tai-chi-magazine/

The magazine I listed is along the same lines.....they have many different articles at all levels of interest helping to preserve the traditions
and allow others to share their practices..
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby edededed on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:04 am

Maybe you are right! The magazine was also chock-full of advertisements for videos (DVDs?) (about half of the pages, really), most of which were all done by a fellow named Jiang Jianye, who seemed to know how to do everything from all taiji styles, to rare bagua or xingyi sets, etc. :D

But yeah, it is nice to read about taiji - it is always a challenge to find a magazine that caters to you when your hobby is not one that is shared with the masses!
edededed
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups