The Violent Right

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Violent Right

Postby Trick on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:52 am

oragami_itto wrote:What happened with Heather Hayer was, at the Charlottesville "unite the right" rally, as counterprotestors were leaving the primary scene and everything was dying down. One of the fascists turned down a road he didn't even have to travel on to get out of the area, pulled right up to a group of protesters, and when they didn't get out of his way, he backed up about a hundred feet or so and slammed on the gas, crashing into a crowd of people. He would have kept going but there were other cars in the way that stopped him.

We're lucky only one died.

And what was the response from our right wing politicians? To pass laws making it legal to run over protesters.

Seriously. They did that.

Now extrapolating out, people in those hats spouting those views have stabbed, shot, and beaten people while Antifa was handing out water and putting themselves between the fascists and the innocents.

Antifa in the US does not have a body count. The fascists do.
Yes I remember that from the “foreign” news. Wasn’t that a single looney’s doing ? Was he even a member of an far right group?
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:13 am

The far right attacks people in the middle : in churches, synagogues, mosques, and schools. They leave manifestos explaining why. Otoh, the far left attacks the far right, but not churches and synagogues.

Calling murderers the "right" is the mistake. Then it becomes tribal. If you're not on the right, you're on the left.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 am

Trick wrote:“Kill all fascists” - some people just throw around strong expressions without really meaning it....but some looney might pic it up and take it to action.

Recently in Swedish media I read about an Rapper from USA that just had visited Sweden, and she hated it so much that she wished someone dropped bombs on the blond blue eyed Swedish pigs...of course she don’t really mean that, but some might take her word.

Its the way things get reported...

Dayton shooter Connor Betts may be antifa’s first mass killer
By Andy Ngo August 6, 2019 | 7:24pm | Updated

However, when it comes to condemning the Dayton shooter’s militant far-left views, all remain mum. Others, such as anti-police activist Shaun King, even claimed the Dayton shooter targeted blacks in a hate crime, though ­racism doesn’t appear to have been a component of his twisted worldview.

While Betts, the Dayton shooter, didn’t leave behind a manifesto, his extensive social-media footprint provides clues as to what may have inspired him. Federal investigators announced Tuesday that they are looking into his exploration of violent ideologies.

Betts had long expressed support for antifa accounts, causes and individuals. That would be the loose network of militant leftist activists who physically attack anyone to the right of Mao in the name of “anti-fascism.” In particular, Betts promoted extreme hatred of American border enforcement.

"“Nazis deserve death and nothing else,” he tweeted last October. Betts frequently flung the label “Nazi” at those with whom he disagreed online."

its quite interesting the way the reporting is handled by main steam media outlets....reflective of their own biases
for the most part tends to support what some call or view as the left....

Last month, an antifa militant firebombed an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility in Tacoma, Wash. Police say Willem van Spronsen was killed after he aimed a rifle at them during the attack. His gun had apparently malfunctioned before he could fire. In his manifesto, he called for his “comrades” to take up arms in confronting the ascendant fascism of the state. In one of Betts’ tweets ­before he extinguished the lives of nine fellow Americans, he responded to a person asking if van Spronsen had been a “villain or martyr?”

Betts flatly replied: “martyr"

https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/dayton-sh ... ss-killer/

"Andy Ngo " The reporter later attacked in Portland OR

In footage captured by Portland-based reporter Jim Ryan, demonstrators douse Ngo in milkshake, punch him, and yell at him. In short, it looks a lot like an unprovoked, unjustified, reprehensible assault on an observer — a journalist — merely because the protesters don’t like him.

Followed by attempts to discredit his reporting....
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:34 am

Andy Ngo says one guy "might" be the First. Seems to prove the point.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 am

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels.

CNN commentator Steve Cortes met with President Donald Trump Friday after CNN benched him for dispelling the “Charlottesville hoax” that the president once called Neo-Nazis “very fine people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ith-trump/

"rule 13 "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."
Saul Alinsky

Those who make the lie, keep others in line within their own organizations who question it...
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:42 am

Well, that wasn't a "Big Lie" a la Goebbels. Saying that Trump called Neo-Nazis "very fine people" was a misstatement. I remember the incident. He meant that there were some very fine people --among those who were protesting the removal of confederate statues. It was also true that there were people carrying Nazi swaztikas and confederate flags. The story was what he Didn't say about the Neo Nazis. It's the same here. I've heard lots of condemnations of Antifa, but almost none of the KKK, Nazis or fascists. Rather, I've mostly heard defenses of their right to free speech.

A Big Lie is that "the media is the enemy of the people." Or, "group X" is the real cause of the country's problems. Or, that the US makes war to keep the peace or protect democracy. It's easy to say that Mexicans are bringing drugs into the country, and then go after immigrants. It's really Anglos who bring most of the legal and illegal drugs into this country, and who use them. Oxycotin and other opioids are owned by US business families, not Mexican cartels.

The same goes for terrorism. Right now, more Americans are afraid of mass shootings committed by radicalized American nutjobs than by Muslim terrorists. That's why the emphasis is place on Antifa and other groups. And if you say Antifa wants to kill and has killed more than "right wing" groups over and over, that's what many people will believe. The Big Lie was used against Jews to justify that Nazi actions and murders were "right." Some of those acts included burning synagogues. Antifa was formed around the same time. See: https://www.history.com/topics/holocaust/kristallnacht

The problem with using statements against Trump as examples of a Big Lie is that there's almost nothing about him that is too hard to believe. If it's reported that he wants to buy Greenland or nuke a hurricane, no one can know whether it's true or not.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 am

Trick wrote:Yes I remember that from the “foreign” news. Wasn’t that a single looney’s doing ? Was he even a member of an far right group?

Fields, a resident of Maumee, Ohio, was photographed hours before the attack carrying a shield with the emblem of a far-right hate group. He has identified himself as a neo-Nazi.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-virg ... SKCN1R81V8

Your propencity to dismiss, equate, and ignore Far-Right connections to murderous violence and vice-versa is somewhat disturbing.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:26 pm

1. Trump definitely said there were fine people on both sides of the Charlottesville protests. Those sides were the fascists with torches who ran down Heather Hayer and we're screaming "Jews will not replace us"as they marched and terrorized the campus.

2. Dayton was not a politically motivated act of violence. But tell you what, I'll own that as a leftist. We had one guy commit a heinous act of violence and i condemn that person. Now what about the train stabbers, Mass gunmen, and vehicular homicide on the right? Can you acknowledge the simple truth that we are facing an epidemic of right wing violence?

3. Andy Ngo is a dishonest piece of shit who lies purely to demonize antifa. You can't swallow his one sided "reporting" whole with your poor pearls being ground into powder and try to claim some sort of moral or perceptive high ground concerning matters of propaganda and lies.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:48 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Trick wrote:Yes I remember that from the “foreign” news. Wasn’t that a single looney’s doing ? Was he even a member of an far right group?

Fields, a resident of Maumee, Ohio, was photographed hours before the attack carrying a shield with the emblem of a far-right hate group. He has identified himself as a neo-Nazi.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-virg ... SKCN1R81V8

Your propencity to dismiss, equate, and ignore Far-Right connections to murderous violence and vice-versa is somewhat disturbing.

Insinuations

As I wrote previously, I don’t follow this closely. But as I remember, I think on Swedish media, it kind of said that guy was a looney, not organized, more a hang around.

On yahoo.com headline(and that’s how far I go to dig into this kind of stuff, I’m not going to klick on any of what I might suspect is far right or left links anyone post here) there going to be something called a Straight Pride Parade somewhere in the USA, and left-wing groups gathering up to stop it ??........And by me writing this here in the way I wrote that, you probably find me even more disturbing 8-)
Trick

Postby origami_itto on Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:48 am

The straight pride parade was yesterday

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 167020001/
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:22 am

as i left sweden many years ago and back then pride parades was a small thing, but asi followed swedish news throu the years and has seen that these parades increced in popularity and now a major festivity...but seemingly mostely for what perhaps could be called the middle class swede. .......as i understand lately from the incresed muslim population in sweden and from some far right groups critic voices agains the parade festivities has come up....its a sensitive topic indeed
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:02 am

Well, there's a big difference between a gay pride parade and a straight pride parade. Straight people have never had to be ashamed of being straight, or hide their straightness, or come out of a straight closet. Straight used to be considered normal --at least, I never questioned it. Oh well, next thing you know, there'll be "I've got a girlfriend" pride parades.

I can understand why gay people feel insecure. After making straight people feel so ashamed for centuries, since the Greeks and Romans, ...er, never mind.

I'll say this. If you have a pride march for yourself, just remember that it's for you. It doesn't make anyone else feel any different about you. If you're ashamed because of something outside of you, no sign or parade will change that.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 am

The first pride was a riot in protest against police raids.
This is when it was still criminal in some places here.

The pride parades celebrate the fact that they are no longer criminals due to who they love.

Straight pride parades are just a mockery along the lines of "why is there no white history month". Because white is default in our history classes, and straight is the default orientation. It's never been illegal to be heterosexual.

Stonewall riots

https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=%2F ... ll%20riots
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:46 am

oragami_itto wrote:The first pride was a riot in protest against police raids.
This is when it was still criminal in some places here.

The pride parades celebrate the fact that they are no longer criminals due to who they love.

Straight pride parades are just a mockery along the lines of "why is there no white history month". Because white is default in our history classes, and straight is the default orientation. It's never been illegal to be heterosexual.

Stonewall riots

https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=%2F ... ll%20riots

Ah, Yes that ring a bell, that it all started with a riot against raids......Wish all parades Straight or otherwise keep Gayness(Happiness) at its core 8-)
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55 pm

(Ahem.)

Michael wrote:Image
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic