BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:04 am

I am not alone in hoping for a world wide recession.

I actually hope the UK sorts themselves out instead of going full Trumpolandia.

Watch "New Rule: The Good Sex Economy | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/joxYLYD5eoQ
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:21 am

cloudz wrote:
grzegorz wrote:
No, it will work out that all this bollox has been blown out so far of all proportion that I'm chatting about it with someone living thousands of miles away and seems to care, personally, about something that will not effect them directly in 100 lifteimes. Save your sympathies for someone who needs them.

F@#$ that bull@#$@!

I don't live in Xinjiang either but I can still have an opinion on it.

I was also out of the military during the second invasion of Iraq does that mean I just have to go with it?

It's the internet mate, everyone can express their opinions on anything including Graham on US gun voilence. People only go to that one when they can't win an argument.

I tell you what though I would have been interested in living in the UK as a Yank with my EU wife and kids. I have been around Brits for about 5 years and somehow I generally find that I can identify with the English better than most Yanks, except for the uptight ones that is.

I would have been happy to retire to the island with my pension and savings and giving my wife the ability to fly home in an hour but now it's not going to happen. Too bad really, it would have been cool to do acupuncture in the UK as a retiree. I have been told that in comparison to here the acupuncture training is better and easier to get licensed whereas here it is anything but easy and can cost an arm and leg.

No biggie. One door closed and and opens but it seems to me that if you really believe all is well then you'd stop posting and go live your life.

Btw, it probably will affect me in a positive way. The UK economy will crash, the world economy will follow and Trump will get his orange ass voted out of office. It will be as glorious as the time England won the world cup! :D

Of course he will cheat just as he does on his taxes and wives so we shall see.

right... and your opinion does not have to matter to me one little jot does it fella,
told you before i didn't want to converse with you on this thread, so replying to my posts is just baiting me to be a dick to you.

Can't be asked to read 95% of that post because i Have no interest in you or what you think.
You just like the drama of it all I'm sure, you're probably just some sad old single bloke with nothing better to do, aren't you.
you're like one of those grim voyuers that like to slow down to a crawl for car crashes.

no one has to listen to every asshole with an opinion now do they.

amaright ;D

Oh poor little Cloudz!

Can talk trash and throw rocks but doesn't want to listen to the response.

You once stated how sad it was that some people at a Remain gathering could not take you up in a debate and yet here you are the one who can't take me up on a debate.

You lose sir!

Now take your pity party elsewhere mate and let the men talk who can actually hold down a debate.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 am

Now you can turn in your man card and cuss me out as usual or actually respond.

You asked me why I was interested in the whole Brexit situation and I responded like a man perhaps you should too.

grzegorz wrote:
No, it will work out that all this bollox has been blown out so far of all proportion that I'm chatting about it with someone living thousands of miles away and seems to care, personally, about something that will not effect them directly in 100 lifteimes. Save your sympathies for someone who needs them.

F@#$ that bull@#$@!

I don't live in Xinjiang either but I can still have an opinion on it.

I was also out of the military during the second invasion of Iraq does that mean I just have to go with it?

It's the internet mate, everyone can express their opinions on anything including Graham on US gun voilence. People only go to that one when they can't win an argument.

I tell you what though I would have been interested in living in the UK as a Yank with my EU wife and kids. I have been around Brits for about 5 years and somehow I generally find that I can identify with the English better than most Yanks, except for the uptight ones that is.

I would have been happy to retire (in 20 years) to the island with my pension and savings and giving my wife the ability to fly home in an hour but now it's not going to happen. Too bad really, it would have been cool to do acupuncture in the UK as a retiree. I have been told that in comparison to here the acupuncture training is better and easier to get licensed whereas here it is anything but easy and can cost an arm and leg.

No biggie. One door closed and and opens but it seems to me that if you really believe all is well then you'd stop posting and go live your life.

Btw, it probably will affect me in a positive way. The UK economy will crash, the world economy will follow and Trump will get his orange ass voted out of office. It will be as glorious as the time England won the world cup! :D

Of course he will cheat just as he does on his taxes and wives so we shall see.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 am

GrahamB wrote:"Ministers now believe that a no-deal Brexit will be significantly worse than they previously expected, with predictions of thousands of immediate job losses in tourism and “carnage” in the fishing sector, after discussions at Cabinet on Tuesday night.

Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney briefed his colleagues at the meeting, which ran for 4½ hours and included a lengthy discussion about no-deal planning.

Cabinet members were circulated with a document on the likely implications of no-deal, which was later collected from them, and which left several Ministers taken aback by the severity of the warnings.

They were told that 10,000 jobs in the tourism and hospitality industry were likely to be lost in the first three months after Brexit."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4008114

Interesting G.

The same has been said about the mass shootings here and the effects on our tourism industry. China has issued travel warnings for the US and I don't blame it is completely ridiculous.

As to travel to the UK I imagine that if Brexit goes through then I Imagine that those tourists who see 10 countries in 2 weeks will probably skip on the UK and stick with the EU only countries.

It's funny like Trump supporters. I remember Welsh fishermen complaining to me that the EU required their boats to have condoms which means that the EU was calling them homos when things were just getting started. These were the same guys who spend all day at the bar whining and whinging about everything and anything.

Obvious no one loves regulations but regulations are necessary to keep the public safe. I prefer blue collar work to office work and have worked for companies who try to get safety regulations to increase productivity and it becomes obvious very quickly that those regulations protect us because the corporations don't care just look at Boeing.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 am

Who knows maybe once the US comes into the UK and Walmart is paying crap wages those Brits will realize what an unregulated market leads to as it has here.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:37 pm

Woooow! Amber Rudd quites her cabinet job AND the Conservative party.

Quoting an "assault on decency and demoncracy"

There are people in Britain right now doing heroic shit because they are putting the country before their own personal interest. And I for one salute them.
Last edited by GrahamB on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:41 pm

Yep! Too bad our politicans don't have guts like that. Very commendable!

Trump did say at the G7 that Johnson would be a great Prime Minister. LOL!

Of course when Trump says it you know the opposite is true. It's the kiss of death.

Johnson is a waste of space.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 am

Woman kills herself over Brexit fears.

Not the first, but the first officially documented by a coroner.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... s-19861082

Hope you sleep well tonight leave voters.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:48 am

So she lived in Britain even before Britain became an EU member, She had an history of depression(that she probably picked up during Britain’s happy EU days), and her pet dog had recently died.
But for sure the horror of the BREXIT killed her. May she Rest In Peace now
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:41 am

Trick wrote:Sorry, if you took my post(s) as I have been pissed off, on the contrary I write them in a light mood, in a teasing way....let’s relax.

Good idea.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:00 am

Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:46 am

Johnson suspends parliament.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 32091.html

Downing Street has confirmed Parliament will be prorogued at the close of business on Monday.

It comes after the Prime Minister requested the Queen allow such a suspension, from a date this week until October 14.

On October 14, a new Parliamentary session will be opened with a Queen's Speech.

As well as confirming Parliament will be prorogued today. the Prime Minister's official spokesman said while the Government would obey the law Mr Johnson would not be requesting another extension of the Article 50 EU withdrawal process.
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:44 am

grzegorz,

You slag you!

Oh poor little Chris!

Cloudz name is George. I assume you are getting him and I mixed up as you mentioned me talking to a remain gathering.

I have a lot of thoughts on the current situation of course. But, I simply dont have the time, nor inclination to converse with people like Graham who dominates this thread with his screaming nonsense.

I do find your posts often well considered however. You are as entitled to your opinion of our political situation as anyone.

But felt i should point out your error for fear you are currently under the impression that you are talking to me.
Last edited by middleway on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 am

BREAKING

"Scottish appeal court judges have declared that Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend parliament in the run-up to the October Brexit deadline is unlawful.

The three judges, chaired by Lord Carloway, Scotland’s most senior judge, overturned an earlier ruling that the courts did not have the powers to interfere in the prime minister’s political decision to prorogue parliament.

Lawyers acting for 75 opposition MPs and peers argued Johnson’s decision to suspend parliament for five weeks was illegal and in breach of the constitution, as it was designed to stifle parliamentary debate and action on Brexit."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... n-unlawful
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 am

Richard Dawkins:
(Not known for screaming much)

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/book ... -1.4010159

"“I am deeply pessimistic,” he says, reflecting on British prime minister Boris Johnson’s latest manoeuvrings. “I think the Brexiteers started out by having a belief it would be a good thing; it has become a religion now. It has become a faith. It has become a creed... It has become like religious zeal. They are determined to get Brexit even if they destroy the country, and Scotland breaks away in the process. It’s a form of madness.”"
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic