BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:57 am

(and Hysterical laughter!)

I don't think she thought this one through :)

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am

This is getting really interesting on a constitonal level:

"What does the ruling saying proroguing parliament was unlawful actually mean? James O'Brien and Theo Usherwood's explainer is the only one you need."

https://www.facebook.com/LBC/videos/423125184979385/
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 am

Question. How does the Queen think about losing part of the "United" Kingdom?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:53 am

There’s this unwritten rule that the Queen doesn’t comment on politics, however she does make the odd barbed comment.

The more interesting question is how she feels about Johnson lying to her about his reasons for suspending parliament, which it is looking increasingly likely he did.

She also gave royal assent to the law to stop him forcing through a no deal Brexit. But most of her actions are things she is required to do, which that probably falls under.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:33 am

Steve James wrote:Question. How does the Queen think about losing part of the "United" Kingdom?

Ah, the Royal houses of Europe is a little EU in itself., they’ll manage...

The current Royal house of England are of the House of Hanover, they are German. And also,prince Charles claim to be descendant of Dracula(Vlad III Dracul) prince and ruler of Romania.
And go further back the Albion been ruled by French and Scandinavians. And how about King Arthur, wasn’t he an Roman?

The Houses has all intermarried to the point they are all one, they are the real EU ....any Brexit can’t bother them 8-)
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 am

Wouldn't surprise me.

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:34 am

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 am

some of them officers seem out of place, the glasses guys, the beerbelly.....
Trick

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 am

some of them officers seem out of place, the glasses guys, the beerbelly.....
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 pm

middleway wrote:grzegorz,

You slag you!

Oh poor little Chris!

Cloudz name is George. I assume you are getting him and I mixed up as you mentioned me talking to a remain gathering.

I have a lot of thoughts on the current situation of course. But, I simply dont have the time, nor inclination to converse with people like Graham who dominates this thread with his screaming nonsense.

I do find your posts often well considered however. You are as entitled to your opinion of our political situation as anyone.

But felt i should point out your error for fear you are currently under the impression that you are talking to me.

My mistake Chris and my apologies. I saw someone saying Chris when someone else posted and got mixed up.

I edited it.

Just poking some fun because I was asked a question and my response about perhaps moving there was ignored.

I find Brits are generally more practical whereas we Americans are overly optimistic to the point of being unrealistic.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:24 am

grzegorz wrote:
Oh poor little Cloudz!

Can talk trash and throw rocks but doesn't want to listen to the response.

You once stated how sad it was that some people at a Remain gathering could not take you up in a debate and yet here you are the one who can't take me up on a debate.

You lose sir!

Now take your pity party elsewhere mate and let the men talk who can actually hold down a debate.

debate what you muppet ?

brexit has no effect on you at all

and there you are chiding and baiting someone who is very much effected by it.
such a big and clever man you are.. sat over there.

my wife has to apply for settlement
my businees has never been quieter
my costs are all over the place when i need to pay in dollars.
and looming is the end of free movement of goods - and as I manufacture in an EU country that is a huge deal for me..

poor me indeed,it's only my livelehood..
you don't have a clue, and why should you.

But am I scaremongering or taken in by the current project fear - no, I'm no re MOANER even though I voted to remain.
There's nothing for the likes of me to debate with the likes of you.

Or did you not figure it out yet, you like talking in your own echo chamber, wallowing in the self importance of your own opinions.
You can keep it buddy, it's not appealing at all.
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 am

grzegorz wrote:Now you can turn in your man card and cuss me out as usual or actually respond.

You asked me why I was interested in the whole Brexit situation and I responded like a man perhaps you should too.

Your need for my attention is flattering.
I asked you something ages ago, if your were the man you truly wish to be, you would have respected it.

I'm not a drama whore, so no, I wont' indulge your silly machinations.

I wish you good luck and a happy life.
I have a great future to build for me and my family and it in no way involves meaningless political "debates" online, with strangers that have no idea what it means to be right in the thick of it.

Some casual chat or exchange with people I like and still have respect for ?
Sure. Sorry, that's not you.

bye
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:42 am

ps. I'm adding you to foes, so i can ignore you that bit better.
Yay.:)

Done!
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

Cloudz,

Your situation interests me as you have actual skin in the game.

Have the EU countries you manufacture in issued any preliminary guidance regarding what will happen in the event of a hard BREXIT?

Likewise, has the U.K. given any guidance on visa status/residency for E.U. nationals in the event of hard BREXIT as well?
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Cloudz,

If you can't handle a discussion on an international issue then stay off of the internet.

I will speak on any issue I want to and if you that pisses you off then deal with it.

Btw, I don't even give a damn what your real name is. None of this is emotional for me and none of this matters it is just a discussion and it won't change a damn thing.

As far as my "ego" yeah whatever. You've never met me and don't know sh#t about me. The only reason I mentioned "me" is because you keep droning on about how "this doesn't affect you" again and again.

It does but obviously you don't read anything I say or realize that I too have relatives in the UK and if I do or don't would not change my opinion either way.

Brexit is a geopolitical global event that will be discussed in history books forever. You don't have to engage in conversation with me but I am not going anywhere.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic