18 taiji qigong

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

18 taiji qigong

Postby wdhc Taijiquan on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 pm

wdhc Taijiquan
Santi

Re: 18 taiji qigong

Postby Giles on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 pm

This is a set I've always liked. It being based on Tai Chi movements, the question is then to what extent Tai Chi movement principles should apply. Assuming that they should indeed apply: To my eye you have a coordination between upper body and lower body in these movements but your upper body is still mostly initiating and your lower body is going along for the ride. See if you can reverse this tendency. That's expressed in a simplified way, of course, but it would be a good starting point.

Are you a left hander? Or have you suffered an injury to your left shoulder? Your left shoulder, and consequently also your arm, is somewhat tighter than your right shoulder and, for instance, in Step and Bounce the Ball is more disconnected from your center.

Otherwise, as already suggested for your "Yang Taijiquan Qigong": slower !!!!!!! :)
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby wdhc Taijiquan on Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 pm

The tightness is due to a slant on the ground in practicing in. Not where I would ussually practice and knee pain causes the tightness.
wdhc Taijiquan
Santi

Postby Giles on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:40 am

I'm sceptical about whether the visible differences in your left and right shoulders are due mainly to the slope. But no matter, and I don't wish to push you into the defensive. Whatever the case, why not just start filming your stuff on a level surface? This would give a more unambiguous picture of your body and its movements - assuming you are still interested in feedback.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Return to Video Links