Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Giles on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:38 am

Bill wrote:Image

Trump is carrying out an ad hominen attack based on sarcasm. (Or one of his advisors in this case - even this level of 'wit' is probably beyond the man himself). Thunberg is making an unhumorous, unironic, unwelcome, forthright and essentially accurate statement.

Still, it's good of Trump to actually propagate her message. And of course an ad hominen attack in response to a logically reasoned argument (whether you agree with it or not) is a pretty sure sign that the attacker has no counter-arguments that will hold water.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 am

Giles wrote:

Trump is carrying out an ad hominen attack based on sarcasm. (Or one of his advisors in this case - even this level of 'wit' is probably beyond the man himself). Thunberg is making an unhumorous, unironic, unwelcome, forthright and essentially accurate statement.

Still, it's good of Trump to actually propagate her message. And of course an ad hominen attack in response to a logically reasoned argument (whether you agree with it or not) is a pretty sure sign that the attacker has no counter-arguments that will hold water.

Her response was picture perfect. I couldn't think of a better response than making Trump's bullying comment (be best!) her Twitter bio tagline.

An impressive young person there.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:11 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:57 pm

Don't use a mentally disabled girl in order to terrify other children into believing the end of the world is twelve five years away, and then whine about the response to her nonsense. That is just crybully crocodile tears for a girl who was supposed to be a strong young woman who could sail the Atlantic.

And we know the liberal leaders who are trying to scare us to death don't believe their own message.

12 Years Left Due To Climate Change? Obama Says 'Screw It' And Buys Oceanfront Mega-Mansion

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/08/23/with-12-years-left-on-earth-due-to-climate-change-obama-says-screw-it-and-buys-oceanfront-property-n2552102
Michael

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Michael

Postby Bill on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:04 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Don't worry. Nancy has that can do spirit when it comes to hoaxes!

Michael

Postby Giles on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:20 am

I think you miss my point. I'm not saying "lay off poor Greta Thunberg because she's just a kid". Or "believe her because she's a kid". I am indeed stressing that facts are important, just like the end of the image you posted. Maybe do one more quick circuit around the airfield to get what I was saying...? ;)
But I probably shouldn't be here anyway because I find I'm fairly humorless when it comes to said issues and protagonists. So I'll duck out now.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:20 pm

grzegorz wrote:

Watch "TRUMP SCARED WITH MEXICAN CORRIDO." on YouTube

https://youtu.be/zz3OYMyALgE
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Bill wrote:I'm a thinker not a sheep. Sheep follow their leader, CNN or NYT, and think that they are getting the real picture. They're not. Both organizations want to scare you into buying their papers or watching their news to keep ahead of the disaster they claim is occurring.
I will grant that Trump is rough around the edges but his policy decisions are a step in the right direction.

LOL!

Where did go? Trump university?

Trump is nothing more than reality TV trash and someday will acknowledge this. That you got played by a celebrity simply because he was a celebrity.

Oh well, at least you didn't give him any of your money. It could have been worse.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Michael

Postby grzegorz on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:32 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:34 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:34 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:37 am

grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That