Gliding footwork

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Gliding footwork

Postby .Q. on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 am

I can step w/o bobbing my head up and down but this guy's footwork is beyond my understanding. Unless he's simply stepping on super slippery floor I don't understand how this is possible. Very interesting.

Last edited by .Q. on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
.Q.
Wuji

Re: Gliding footwork

Postby dspyrido on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 pm

Forget the gliding footwork. There's some wacky stuff going on in that site. It's both fascinating & funny to see how they interpret XY
(I love how they categorise their videos in comedy)

BTW the footwork is not so hard to do when you have smooth concrete and dust on the floor. The front foot pulls the rear. The question is why? Aside from the break dancing this would slow down the move. Not a good thing when it comes to someone seriously swinging a stick.
dspyrido
Wuji

Re: Gliding footwork

Postby .Q. on Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:14 am

Well, a lot of what they do is weird and I don't understand them. Much of it seems very questionable but some of them I can see useful martial applications. Besides the gliding footwork there was another one where he demonstrated stepping into a beng really fast out of the seating position. It is due to the few clips like those that makes me suspect they know some useful stuff. That gliding footwork, if it is a legitimate mechanic rather than something that simply depends on slippery floor, would actually have great martial value. Most people estimate how far each of your step is in order to judge safe distances. If you can glide at will it will completely mess up their calculations. I know of a much simpler mechanic that creates similar effect that worked well against my classmates in boxing class. It is kind of limiting though so I would much prefer being able to do what that guy does.
.Q.
Wuji

Return to Video Links