Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:33 am

I'm sorry to differ with you, Bill, but I think it's even more than that. Last time I checked, only 2 states in the USA had a hard minimum age for marriage, and those were enacted quite recently. By "hard minimum" I mean the normal minimum can be excepted under certain circumstances, like a judge's order. USA has child brides. As Jerry Lee Lewis would say, "Goodness gracious, Great Balls of Fire!"

Greta Thunberg has anxiety because of climate change fear, and instead of providing her a combination of protection, help, and encouragement, her parents might be putting her deeper into despair. Or maybe she's working through her fears. I hope it's the latter, but I doubt it. They're basically corrupting her by associating her with a political ideology at an age where she's not ready to be the front girl for something so controversial.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm

@Michael Okie-dokie.

When you wrote that, did your hand and fingers unconsciously curl into the accompanying gesture? Yikes!

According to the ADL, that's a racism.

Last edited by Michael on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Bill on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:05 pm

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-coast-guard-member-removed-after-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv

Social media users falsely accuse ex-Trump official of making ‘white power’ gesture at Kavanaugh hearing

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/social-media-users-falsely-accuse-ex-trump-official-of-making-white-power-gesture-at-kavanaugh-hearing

Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:39 pm

They call people Greta's age "teens." Usually, that means that they're shiftless, consumed by tv or video games, prone to tantrums, spend more time on twitter than reading, write at an 8th grade level, like to ridicule people who can teach them anything, knows better than any expert. You know, those sound like presidential qualities.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:43 pm

I'll have you know that President Trump does not play video games!
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:43 pm

Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:02 pm

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5b03 ... ormant.jpg

“I’ve been trying to figure out who would have the opportunity and the motive to do something like this,” he said. “But I keep coming up empty.”

“Opportunity-wise, you’d need to be someone who’s in my inner circle and who could get close to me without raising suspicions,” he said. “But, then again, the person would have to be able to suddenly disappear for periods of time and report back to the F.B.I. I can’t think of anyone in a position to do that.”

“As for motive, you’d really have to be out to get me,” Trump added. “Now, I have enemies like anyone else. But I can’t think of anyone I’ve given a reason to really, really hate me.”
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:44 am

@Michael

Okie-dokie.

Hey Giles,

I responded to this with something I thought was political humor, but it's controversial and I shouldn't have brought you along, so to speak.

I think it's absurd that the ADL classifies this as a hate symbol, and therefore humorous, but it's controversial. Sorry for mixing you into that.

Cheers,
Michael
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:46 am

Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:01 am

Giles,

FWIW Mike is just a bitter expat who teaches English in China with a fake degree and who can't come back.

You will find China full of these freaks. They basically just go around complaining and crapping on everything. Rather than moving on with their lives, accepting their fate and learning Chinese, they turn to the internet to make others feel their pain and suffering.

I don't feel sorry for them as much as the poor Chinese who have to deal with them. Towards the end of my time in China I avoided these expats like the plague and understood why other expats did the same with ESL teachers but I really didn't care either way because I was there to train.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 am

Watch "Greta Thunberg and First Nations leaders kick off climate rally in Montreal" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/iPKwKQVNy44
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That