Personal Attacks on RSF.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Personal Attacks on RSF.

Postby origami_itto on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 pm

I mean, ideally...

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 pm

If you see something, say something. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:05 am

grzegorz wrote:I never said that these expats never come back. In fact I am sure as old age approaches most do.

But it is probably a good thing. Coming back to the reality that is the US is tough though after years of being treated as "special" in Asia just because if your passport.

Takes a long time to find a good job after living abroad. Basically no one here gives a damn about your ESL experience.

At “old age” your smartly saved pension should be enough to save the day....anywhere in the world 8-)
Trick

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 am

Ian, since you've been following me around for months with this, I'll respond, but I do not want to escalate or get into a flame war. That's not good for anyone here. I really prefer to de-escalate and communicate.

I have learned something from watching the martial arts fight threads on RSF and it's that there is no benefit to getting into a fight with someone with whom you have absolutely no common ground or mutual respect. No matter the outcome of the fight, things usually just continue to escalate, both sides look worse, even the "winner". For example, the challenge match from 1996.

Your tough guy stance about speaking to someone's face does not line up with your behavior since the first antifa thread two and a half years ago, which coincides with Trump's inauguration. I bring this up because I think political differences are at the bottom of our conflict. You have frequently dropped out of conversations instead of addressing the issues, and for about two years you've been doing this passive-agressive routine.

Do you finally have the courage of your convictions to address the arguments? I sent you a PM last year to discuss this, but you never responded. Is this the reaction of someone unafraid to speak to the face of someone they disagree with?

Do you finally have the courage to stay in the conversation? To speak directly to me? Now that you have some back slappers to prop you up, I would be interested to find out if you can do it, but if you just want to make insults, there's no point. Things will just escalate. If that's what you want, if you think you are incapable of reasoning and have to fall back on ad hominems, you can carry on with your passive aggressive stalking. It just makes you look weird.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:49 am

Michael wrote:Ian, since you've been following me around for months with this, I'll respond, but I do not want to escalate or get into a flame war. That's not good for anyone here. I really prefer to de-escalate and communicate.

I have learned something from watching the martial arts fight threads on RSF and it's that there is no benefit to getting into a fight with someone with whom you have absolutely no common ground or mutual respect. No matter the outcome of the fight, things usually just continue to escalate, both sides look worse, even the "winner". For example, the challenge match from 1996.

Your tough guy stance about speaking to someone's face does not line up with your behavior since the first antifa thread two and a half years ago, which coincides with Trump's inauguration. I bring this up because I think political differences are at the bottom of our conflict. You have frequently dropped out of conversations instead of addressing the issues, and for about two years you've been doing this passive-agressive routine.

Do you finally have the courage of your convictions to address the arguments? I sent you a PM last year to discuss this, but you never responded. Is this the reaction of someone unafraid to speak to the face of someone they disagree with?

Do you finally have the courage to stay in the conversation? To speak directly to me? Now that you have some back slappers to prop you up, I would be interested to find out if you can do it, but if you just want to make insults, there's no point. Things will just escalate. If that's what you want, if you think you are incapable of reasoning and have to fall back on ad hominems, you can carry on with your passive aggressive stalking. It just makes you look weird.

I thought you weren't going to talk to me. Okay.

I am unclear what you mean by:

Your tough guy stance about speaking to someone's face does not line up with your behavior since the first antifa thread

Truly, I don't remember.

As for messages, I don't get email notifications for them and have to manually sign in every time so it usually takes me a while to notice and then respond. IIRC, you erased your message so I never saw it. That happens a lot, and I usually take it to mean the person regrets what they said and didn't want me to read it. No sweat.

I don't know if I am a tough guy or not, but I reckon tough enough. I am also very open and frank, just ask my friends, ex-friends, and family. I say what I think, except in professional settings as it's not worth it.

I am not stalking you. As I have pointed out in the past, when I see bigoted behavior, hate speech, etc, I will call it out. You're not the only one, just the most prolific one on this board. I have no idea what you would want to talk about with me, and I agree that our world views seem so disparate that there is probably little point.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:25 pm

IIRC, you erased your message so I never saw it.

If I had erased it, how would you have known you never saw it? I did not erase it. It was just a note that asked if we can we talk.

I am also very open and frank, just ask my friends, ex-friends, and family. I say what I think, except in professional settings as it's not worth it.
I am not stalking you. As I have pointed out in the past, when I see bigoted behavior, hate speech, etc, I will call it out.

Being open and frank is one thing, but slinging insults and totally blowing your lid is another.
Does it make sense for you to follow along behind me and make oblique references and passive-aggressive insults then? It feels a bit weird the way you're handling it.
According to the First Amendment of the Constitution, as well as SCOTUS, there is no such thing as hate speech.

I have no idea what you would want to talk about with me, and I agree that our world views seem so disparate that there is probably little point.

I only want to talk to you because you respond to my posts. If you ignored them there would be no interaction. If you did not explode with insults and accusations, we would just be talking.

I have my opinions and my sense of humor, as does everyone, but If someone disagrees, then the options are we can talk, or they can request me or a mod to edit/remove the post or image.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:04 pm

I see that I missed a message from you in Dec? Sorry about that. I was mistaken. FWIW, it does happen from time to time that it says in my message box, "this message has been erased." I see looking now that this was not the case with your message.

I think you are not correctly interpreting my responses to you. I'm not blowing my stack. I'm just calling out what I find to be reprehensible posts. If fact, I think it's weird that you are trying to connect it to the old challenge matches that used to get issued around here. I have no interest in fighting with anyone these days, not even on the mat. There is some vitriol, but I'm quite composed when making these responses.

Because of your views which I think you have made clear enough, I don't have a huge desire to spend time following up in endless debates about why you focus so much on Antifa but never condemn white nationalists who are a much larger threat with a much higher body count.

As for

According to the First Amendment of the Constitution, as well as SCOTUS, there is no such thing as hate speech.

This is just a typical example of how out of it you are in my opinion. This is a completely ridiculous statement. It has no basis in fact. SCOTUS has ruled that hate speech is protected, not that it doesn't exist. What a weird thing to be wrong about. So easy to look up.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Thanks for your apology about the PM. I mentioned the challenge match in order to explain that I do not want to be in "fight mode" when talking with you and that I believe we need common ground and mutual respect, which I think is possible.

There is some vitriol, but I'm quite composed when making these responses.

Composed? Take a look back at this and see if you think you were composed.

This is just a typical example of how out of it you are in my opinion. This is a completely ridiculous statement. It has no basis in fact. SCOTUS has ruled that hate speech is protected, not that it doesn't exist. What a weird thing to be wrong about. So easy to look up.

If hate speech is protected, then it does not exist as a criminal infraction in the USA. Therefore, in the sense of a crime, hate speech does not exist.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Composed? Take a look back at this and see if you think you were composed.

I thought that was a great post! Of course I was composed. How else could I have written with such grace and gusto!?

If hate speech is protected, then it does not exist as a criminal infraction in the USA. Therefore, in the sense of a crime, hate speech does not exist.

I never said hate speech was a crime (in the US). You said it didn't exist. That's a ridiculous statement on its face.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby xxxxx on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Take it to PMs please. This thread is locked.

Bill wrote:. . . . I find it inappropriate to insult the other members of this forum and will no longer respond to those who do so.

Sounds like a reasonable attitude.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Off the Topic