Dallas cop claims self-defense in apt. mix-up murder trial

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Dallas cop claims self-defense in apt. mix-up murder trial

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:46 pm

No. I said, "I don't think his testimony was key." Even though he was a key witness...

You were refuting me calling him a key witness, though. It still doesn't matter why. My point was that I called him such because others called him such. At any rate, again, if there's a retrial, a key witness will not be able to testify because he has been killed.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Steve James wrote:
No. I said, "I don't think his testimony was key." Even though he was a key witness...

You were refuting me calling him a key witness, though. It still doesn't matter why. My point was that I called him such because others called him such. At any rate, again, if there's a retrial, a key witness will not be able to testify because he has been killed.

Again no, I was not refuting you. He was a key witness. I was letting you know I didn't think his testimony was key.

Again, news headlines may sensationalize and political groups have reasons to spread conspiracy theories: key witness murdered, etc.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Dallas mayor: 'Refrain from speculation' in Amber Guyger trial witness slaying

The article doesn't say a whole lot of interest except that some time in the past Joshua Brown had been shot in the foot outside a club and he was concerned someone was after him and the trial publicity might get him unwanted attention.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:08 pm

The distinction you make makes no difference to what I said.

I am not speculating about Brown's murder. I'm stating a fact. Brown was set to testify in the civil case against the police department. Those who believe in conspiracy theories about Epstein and everything else should be the last to advise patience before speculating.

I didn't speculate about the trial, the verdict, and I have no idea what's going to happen next. I certainly don't know why or the circumstances behind Brown's murder. It could have been a case of mistaken identity; it could have been a robbery; yeah, it could have been a drug deal gone bad; it could also have been someone who was angry at his testimony or didn't want him to testify. Was he robbed? Was he a drug user? Was he high? But, yeah, I know why unwarranted speculation does no one any good.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Just in case there's any misunderstanding, the link to the article I posted was not aimed at anyone in particular, just some relevant info. I wasn't trying to tell anyone here not to speculate. Merely relaying a message from the Mayor of Dallas.
Michael

Postby marvin8 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:48 am

Michael wrote:Dallas mayor: 'Refrain from speculation' in Amber Guyger trial witness slaying

The article doesn't say a whole lot of interest except that some time in the past Joshua Brown had been shot in the foot outside a club and he was concerned someone was after him and the trial publicity might get him unwanted attention. . . .

Just in case there's any misunderstanding, the link to the article I posted was not aimed at anyone in particular, just some relevant info. I wasn't trying to tell anyone here not to speculate. Merely relaying a message from the Mayor of Dallas.

The person who shot Brown in the foot is Kendall Deshonn Morris. Here's more info.

Excerpt from "Slain witness in Amber Guyger murder trial was prior victim of gun violence, sources say:"
Tanya Eiserer on October 5, 2019 wrote:WFAA has also learned that Brown was a victim of gun violence last year.

Last November, Brown was shot and another man was killed outside the Dallas Cabaret strip club on Walnut Ridge Street in Northwest Dallas.

Kendall Deshonn Morris has been indicted on charges of murder and aggravated assault in connection with the incident. He is currently out on bond.

The Dallas Morning News wrote a story on the incident last December.

The DMN cited an arrest affidavit stating that Morris and another man were at the club celebrating a birthday and encountered Brown at the strip club.

The other man wanted to fight Brown and the two men fought in the street, the News reported. When Brown and his friends attempted to leave, Morris pulled a gun out of a car and handed it to another man, the story said.

Nicholas Shaq'uan Diggs was killed and Brown was hit in the foot.

Chris Krok on Joshua Brown, key witness, Lee Merritt (attorney to Joshua Brown and Jean family), Kendall Morris. etc.

Published Oct 7, 2019 10:05 PM:
https://omny.fm/shows/chris-krok/10-7krok-800-830
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 am

Yeah, fuck Krok too. I listened 30 seconds and he was talking about Brown, "the admitted marijuana smoker" .... and I stopped listening.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:35 am

Steve James wrote:Yeah, fuck Krok too. I listened 30 seconds and he was talking about Brown, "the admitted marijuana smoker" .... and I stopped listening.

Excerpt from "Joshua Brown, a witness during the Amber Guyger murder trial, was killed in a drug deal, sources say"
Tanya Eiserer on October 8, 2019 wrote:Updated at 1:23 p.m. with additional details from police.

Brown was shot Friday night at his apartment complex on Cedar Springs Road. Sources say it was during a drug deal.

Arrest warrants have been issued for two suspects in connection with the death of Joshua Brown, who testified at the trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger, according to several officials with knowledge of the investigation.

Brown was shot Friday night at his apartment complex on Cedar Springs Road. Sources say it was during a drug deal.

A large amount of marijuana was also seized from Brown’s apartment during a search, according to multiple officials. And authorities have gone to two houses in Louisiana looking for the suspects, an official said.

Since news of Brown’s death broke publicly, rumors have been swirling about why he was gunned down.

Dallas police are hosting a news conference at 1 p.m.

They previously issued a statement Sunday afternoon saying that Brown was shot multiple times in the lower portion of his body. Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins tweeted that Brown was not shot in the “mouth or head,” contrary to what some activists were posting on social media.

Jenkins vowed the city and the county would "work to ensure a transparent and thorough investigation of the murder of Joshua Brown."

Dallas Police Chief U. Renée Hall said in a statement late Sunday afternoon that there are no “suspects or motives” in Brown’s killing.

“We are committed to solving this case and will work diligently to apprehend the individuals responsible for Brown’s death,” the chief’s statement said.

Brown was previously shot in November 2018 during an altercation outside a Dallas nightclub. He was one of the targets of the attack, but another man was killed in that incident.

"Dallas police give update in Joshua Brown shooting" video
Last edited by marvin8 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:57 am

Ah, again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. So, I'll wait to find out why someone was killed in a marijuana deal. My complaint about Krok's comment is that he had no more clue than I did about the reason for the murder. Being a marijuana smoker has nothing to do with why one is murdered. It's just a smear.

Now, from the report above, I guess it must be suggested that Brown was a dealer --since he was shoot outside with a large amount of marijuana in his searched apartment. Okay, it's feasible that the killers took what he had on him and sped away. However, it just doesn't sound like a marijuana crime at all. In fact, to me, unless it's shown/known that he was dealing marijuana, it's just as likely that it was simply a random street robbery. Just as if, I'd imagine, someone from RSF got shot and the police searched and found pot. There's no necessary relation or correlation.

Of course, the devil would say that it's very convenient to find incriminating evidence in a witness's apartment. No matter how he died. Besides, to me, that's the point. The guy is dead. I'm not less sorry because he smoked weed. Hopefully, the police will find his killers. Let's see how it shakes out.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 pm

A weed deal gone bad. A weed robbery, more likely. I'm glad if they've caught the guys. I'm especially glad if it's not a conspiracy.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:23 am

Steve James wrote:My complaint about Krok's comment is that he had no more clue than I did about the reason for the murder. Being a marijuana smoker has nothing to do with why one is murdered. It's just a smear.

Krok did have more clues and facts than you. He didn't say just being a marijuana smoker is why Brown was murdered. So, it's hardly "just a smear."

His first comment was "Conspiracists are saying, the guy who was an admitted regular marijuana smoker based on his own testimony, who was shot at in an attempt to kill him not too long ago when he was at a strip club, testifies in the Amber Guyger trial is killed over the weekend and this is an assassination. . . .

The basic facts. He (Brown) had a pretty serous weed habit according to his own testimony, getting complaints from the complex about the weed reeking in the hallways. So, that’s one way of being a target of violence interacting with drug dealers. You got to get it from somewhere. The biggest point of all somebody, who is out on bond, tried to kill this guy not too long ago before the Amber Guyger trial ever happened.”
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 am

who was an admitted regular marijuana smoker based on his own testimony

Krok had no way of knowing that Brown's regular marijuana "smoking" had anything to do with his murder. Sure, he didn't say that Brown was "just" a marijuana smoker. He didn't say that Brown was a marijuana dealer. There are lots of things he didn't say.

I can accept the drug deal gone wrong scenario. It doesn't affect anything about his testimony or the trial, whether he was a smoker, dealer, or otherwise.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:56 am

Steve James wrote:
who was an admitted regular marijuana smoker based on his own testimony

Krok had no way of knowing that Brown's regular marijuana "smoking" had anything to do with his murder.

No one knew. However, people had theories. Krok gave possible ways of Brown "being a target of violence" based on facts that you didn't have—one of which ended up being the reason Brown was murdered.

Steve James wrote:Sure, he didn't say that Brown was "just" a marijuana smoker. He didn't say that Brown was a marijuana dealer. There are lots of things he didn't say.

Right. So, how do you arrive at, "It's just a smear?"

Steve James wrote:I can accept the drug deal gone wrong scenario. It doesn't affect anything about his testimony or the trial, whether he was a smoker, dealer, or otherwise.

It doesn't affect his testimony. However, "interacting with drug dealers," as Krok mentioned, was the reason Brown was murdered.
marvin8
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic