A sincere hope

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Here is a brief overview showing how we used to listen to scientists and how doing so staved off a massive disaster.

文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:08 am

"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby edededed on Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Ozone perhaps had the "benefit" of having recorded changes in levels that were changing quite quickly, but climate change is slower.

But if people are not clear which way things are going, they should err on the side of caution...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am

I've just experienced climate change. It just hailed on me for 5 minutes here in L.A. County. Someone come and dig me out!
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:21 pm

If only she were really stranded.

It's almost as if her mental illness results in her making bad decisions or something...

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2 ... -atlantic/
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:21 pm

Remember hands across America? Why not hands across Atlantic? If they hold tight, none will drown and Greta can waltz along the top.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:34 pm

LOL!

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:52 pm

I've often thought someone should open up a betting pool on "grievance" celebrities mortality date. And more appropriately their "who cares" date.

Right now I'm thinking David Hogg and Greta are probably running neck and neck.

Either way, neither will be remembered by anyone ten years from now and I'm thinking five years is more realistic.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Hogg who?
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Peacedog wrote:I've often thought someone should open up a betting pool on "grievance" celebrities mortality date. And more appropriately their "who cares" date.

Right now I'm thinking David Hogg and Greta are probably running neck and neck.

Either way, neither will be remembered by anyone ten years from now and I'm thinking five years is more realistic.

You mean like all those fools who said Trump would make America Great Again?

That shit is as funny as "these colors don't run!"

You guys keep talking that trash about Greta, Hogg and Sandy Hook and keep saying they'll be forgotten. Well which is it?
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:26 am

Michael wrote:Remember hands across America? Why not hands across Atlantic? If they hold tight, none will drown and Greta can waltz along the top.

Well it’s not our everyday activists that will truly make an effort to stand by her. It just some of the rich and (forgotten)famous that hope to shine using the kid.
But it seem to be fading now..the BMW and Swiss Bankers sponsored luxury yacht trip seem to have been a one way trip only....
On Yahoo news today I read that Jane Fonda is worried about the kid,.... but not for the reason that adults a herself are using the kid and it might be too much for a youngster in the long run....
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:09 am

Well, in the case of Jane Fonda you can almost always count on her in some self centered way to be on the wrong side of things.

But in all seriousness, I think the concern for the kid is well founded. Just look at what happened to Cindy Sheehan. And Sheehan was an adult who was far more grounded than Hogg or Thunberg.

Ignoring all of the useless emoting going on with the two teenagers in question, if Greta is actually as mentally ill as she says she is, then the people in charge of her are extremely negligent.
Last edited by Peacedog on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 am

Apparently The carbon climate change stuff has been in the family since 1896
Interestingly, Greta’s father, Svante Thunberg, is the descendant of Svante Arrhenius, the Nobel Prize-winning scientist, who first calculated the greenhouse effect caused by carbon dioxide emissions in 1896, known to some as the “father of climate change science.” She was also named after him.
Also her parents are actors, maybe why the same workforce in the US stand up for her(parents)? - https://starsinformer.com/greta-thunberg/
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:48 am

Wow. That is really damning. It makes me believe this is all just some kind of effort to cash out.

And unsurprisingly, no one promoting this business wants to discuss that.

Reminds me of when the Canadian agency in charge of monitoring global warming threw out their historical climate data and went with projected data as the actual failed to meet all of their models.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:31 am

But in 5 years she'll be forgotten which is why we are so obsessed with her and her family history.

Yeah right!

I am actually glad you guys are here though, including Sandy Hook, because you illustrate that all the right wing has is rhetoric, conspiracy theories, culture wars and the blame game. No real solutions, responses or reasoning.

Feel free to have the last word. I would continue to bust your balls but I just remembered that I have a life.

It's been fun seeing how a 16 year old girl who believes in science can make grown men cry.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic