Hong Kong Protests

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Hong Kong Protests

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:30 am

That’s probably next step, if they now follow the book, the mark can also be smack in the forehead, third eye ?
Nobel Prize in medicine might go to a guy who manage to control rodents by beaming lasers on their heads, the unknowingly little gnawlers has been infused with light sensitive algae dna.......What a relief, we’re heading(pun?) in the right direction.....8-)
Trick

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:09 am

Unfortunate incident two days ago in Sham Shui Po, a section of Kowloon known for its huge computer and electronics market. A taxi was caught in a sea of protesters and for some reason accelerated forward and to the left. The crowd did the expected thing, which lasted for an agonizing two minutes or so while a few people tried to shield the elderly driver, who somehow survived and remained conscious. Not posting vid for obvious reasons. I just parsed it quickly.

I think this shows the increasing tension and anger as the violence on both sides inevitably escalates.

Some may find this interesting, a pro Beijing perspective from an American living in the mainland. Nathan Rich's background is worth checking if you want to explore his p.o.v.

He has emerged as a kind of pro-PRC counter-weight to a handful of other Western youtubers living in China, who are married to locals, but gradually increased their criticism of the mainland in the past few years as Xi's administration increased its power, usually leading to their voluntary re-patriation or transfer to another SE Asian country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRInveFejg
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:48 am

Or aiming lasers in cops' eyes.
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:15 am

Trick

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:11 am

In Guangzhou, inside the school where Mao first taught, the Peasant Uprising Museum, there's a kind of memorial to the big wig Communists who were murdered in Shanghai then. There are a few walls with their pictures and a caption on each one that says something like, "Murdered by Kuomingtang in Shanghai 19__."

Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 am

Looks like the Moon Festival ain't ending jack.

Some believed it was a flash in the pan caused by outside forces but I think it is clear despite whatever conspiracy theories people pull out of their asses that the Hong Kongers are in it for the long haul. Unlike Trump's army these protesters aren't going anywhere.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 am

The economy is already in a crisis. 300 restaurants bankrupt, maybe 1800 gone next year. People don’t dare go out when there’s commotion going on and strikers continue to block important buildings. Guides haven’t got salary for months because the traveling has gone down over 60% and a lot of stores are closing. Chinese government has even started sending in help packages so common people won’t starve. I don’t know how many HK-ers are still in this thing, but what is happening now is something HK is doing against itself. As Mainland doesn’t plan to do anything, HK continue to destroy its own economy.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Sometimes there is more to life than money or a job.

At least this photo won't land you in jail unlike the mainland.

So much for the Moon Festival.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:36 pm

One policeman shot a couple of protesters who attacked him in strength. In a different area the next day, protesters got into a scuffle and then a heated argument with a man who wanted them to stop vandalizing a subway stop, so they set him on fire. Graphic video, I suggest just take my word for it or read the article in the AP.

This article has video of the shooting, but not the fire. Shooting video does not autoplay on my browser, possibly safe for life.

https://apnews.com/ecff5eaec2e84ed8889b27519d1bb65d

Video of the fire. Don't watch. I wish I hadn't.

https://www.rt.com/news/473115-hong-kon ... t-on-fire/
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:04 pm

No thanks.

I would like to see the videos of how the PRC dissects Falun Gong followers and sells off their organs.

I am no fan of FG but it isn't as if PRC believes in human rights or something.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:12 pm

protesters got into a scuffle and then a heated argument with a man who wanted them to stop vandalizing a subway stop, so they set him on fire.

Just one of those many things that shows that they are nothing but petty thugs and not protesters fighting for democracy. Some time ago they refused an Australian woman with heart problem from enter the airplane to get home for treatment. She cried and begged but the protesters just said "blame the government". They didn't even care if she would die or not. They are nothing but disgusting thugs with no sense of moral and doesn't care if people die. Democracy is not even in their demands. They want amnesty to be able to walk free despite what they do to other people and the city. Pure selfish reasons to continue with the obstruction. So how could the government meet their demands? Commiting crimes, kill people and walk free? They claim to want Justice for HK, but infact they have no sense of Justice what so ever.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:14 pm

grzegorz wrote:No thanks.

I would like to see the videos of how the PRC dissects Falun Gong followers and sells off their organs.

If you believe their own made up fairy tales you are nothing but a moron. That has never ever happened.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Bao wrote:...

LOL! You deleted your comments because you were absolutely wrong and call me a moron?

Pathetic but nice try.

We disagree who but gives a f@#$?

Who says Swedes are not passive aggressive?
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Someone posted a summary of HK events on reddit for the past day or two, mostly violent altercations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/comme ... on_11_nov/
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Despite any personal insults which just make me laugh I am curious how the PRC will handle it.

If your people are protesting and taking to the streets do you make consessions or use authoritarian rule?

I really don't give a f@# if we agree or disagree and neither does HK or the PRC.

I never thought this was a flash in the pan and it seems to be far from over.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic