Luxury apocalypse bunkers

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Luxury apocalypse bunkers

Postby roger hao on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp-_MbpWKpc[/youtube]

roger hao

Postby LaoDan on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 pm

everything wrote:Since none of us are billionaires and we are speculating on psychology of the 1%, I don't agree with an assumption that the 1% somehow know there is conflict and that they cannot control everyone else and therefore they have bunkers. It seems more likely that out of people in the 100%, there are some few who feel some need to be "preppers" and out of those few, there are some in the 1% who can actually afford bunkers to the nth degree. Plus some tiny portion of those may know something about history and revolutions and may have a very diversified view of risk management.

I was definitely speculating (as I thought I made clear). I am not rich and do not hang out with those who are, so I cannot really know. However, I think that it is reasonable to think that bunkers are a part of the progression from security fencing and gates, to security systems, to security guards, to safe rooms, etc. But safe rooms are safest when as few other people know about it as possible, whereas bunkers can be used to host parties with acquaintances, servants, entertainers, etc. and it does not matter how many others know about it. So...perhaps bunkers are just a means of impressing others and are not really about security?

Or...It is possible that the history of the USA plays a part in our current concerns.

Even though I am not a historian, and do not claim to be particularly knowledgeable about the drivers of culture and society, it does seem to me that various things have relationships. It seems like within various cultures there are often shared experiences that become shared myths that are used to unite those within the individual cultures. These myths are commonly accepted (traditions...) without having any critical examination of what is underlying those aspects of society. For example, “America is the land of the free” (even though we are not really as free as we may thoughtlessly believe). All levels of a society tend to be affected, although by varying degrees, by the shared cultural mythology.

I will try not to be too long here, since most people probably do not care, and I am not qualified to present a thesis on this, but some background SPECULATION may illustrate my point about bunkers. I’ll start from the beginning...

From colonial times and through the western expansions, etc. Americans have depended on personal protection for personal safety. We did not have chivalrous knights, or police states, or any other particularly effective protections provided by our state or other authorities. This attitude of the need for personal protection has persisted in our society and our laws (e.g., the right to bear arms, concealed carry, stand your ground, castle laws, even the use of deadly force when one is in fear of their life or safety, etc.). Bunkers would be consistent with the personal protection ethos.

Too far ranging historically for you, how about an illustration from fairly recent history? When I was in public school I had little concerns for my personal safety, but it is different today. Schools today are becoming more and more like bunkers to protect students from those willing to commit violence against strangers even without expectations of monetary rewards or other similar motivations (often even having a willingness to die themselves during the attacks). If access security is not enough, then add metal detectors, and if that is not enough then add armed security guards, and if that is not enough then arm teachers and other adults as well... Turning schools into bunkers seems to me to be due to insecurities and fears, just like the thoughts that the only way to be safe against “bad actors” intent on violence is to likewise be armed...

Not dealing enough with the rich and powerful for you, how about another example? The government of the USA spends the most of any country on the military and yet, as rich and powerful as the USA is, it is not enough. We still feel insecure and therefore add missile defense shields, but still feel potentially vulnerable so we need to make our borders more secure (including adding walls) in order to prevent potential terrorists from entering the country, and we need to limit immigration because one cannot be certain that some terrorists will not slip in, and we still do not feel secure so how about adding a new branch of the military and institute a space force... Yes, I think that the US government feels that the nation is insecure.

Do you not see the parallels? Bunkers are probably about fears and insecurities. The reasons to feel insecure can vary, but after 9/11 it became obvious that individuals and societies that oppose the USA (for whatever reasons) can enter the country and potentially cause major harm, without concern for their own safety or the safety of others. This extends not just to our military (e.g. the Pentagon), but also financial and business interests (e.g. the World Trade Center). If someone is successful enough to be important to the economy, then they could be a potential target for terrorists – therefore...bunkers for the rich! How else would they feel secure against the potential of a suicidal terrorist targeting them?

There are many legitimate reasons why Americans feel less secure today than they did before WWII, but I think that this sentiment pervades the society, from individuals to the government, and I see no reason for the rich to be immune to it.
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Americans?
The bunker building is global.
roger hao

Postby windwalker on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:29 pm

This site (linked from the first article) says bunkers start at 35k
http://www.terravivos.com/secure/vivosxpoint.htm

this map purports to show that the location in SD is farther away from known nuclear targets, etc. than other locations in the US:
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:57 am

Move to Canada
Trick

Postby everything on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Lol yes
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:12 pm

;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:36 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:50 am

roger hao wrote:Americans?
The bunker building is global.

Societies, cultures, religions, etc. used to be essentially monolithic, but modern times have changed that. The connectivity of the world today challenges the foundational principles of religion, imperialism, patriarchy and whatever else (even if people do not embrace the different approaches, they at least know about them), and societies probably cannot return to the times of their essentially monolithic foundations. This is true for most of the world (but perhaps not for extreme examples of isolation and control, like in North Korea), and so societal pressures are global. Cultures worldwide are fractured and continue to fracture, and people have trouble responding to this.

In my opinion, most societies are currently trying to resist changing, rather than becoming more multicultural. I think that this may delay the change, but I doubt that it can stop the change. Too much information is available for interested people to see alternatives. It is hard to suppress knowledge in modern times.
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:07 pm

if any of you happen to be billionaires, how about having an RSF party/meetup at your bunker? ;D
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 pm

First rule of billionaire's secret bunker: don't invite poor fags to your bunker.
Michael

Postby Trick on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 am

everything wrote:if any of you happen to be billionaires, how about having an RSF party/meetup at your bunker? ;D

Grand opening is at apocalypse time
Trick

Postby everything on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Let’s meet there.

We can argue about what IMA works against zombies.
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 am

Internal martial arts will not be enough, you will need some serious Feng Shui skills to fend off the Zombies, best if you have reached the level of an saintly immortal Taoist Priest.
And of course your luxury apocalypse bunker should not just be an luxury apocalypse bunker, it must be an Feng Shui crafted luxury apocalypse bunker, that’ll for sure keep any Zombies from entering it.
That’s why B.Gates and his likes will fall during an zombie apocalypse, cause they just rely on simple technology.
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic