Li Xiaohui chen style

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Li Xiaohui chen style

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:03 pm

GrahamB wrote:At some point you will realise that the subway train clip is faked and your whole world will come crumbling down - lol.

Its a clip that shows what it shows....how it relates to "your" or anyones world is up to you, or them.

Kinda sad for those who say they practice something needing clips of others to validate their practice....

I dont, maybe others do...

Always odd, how the many here continue to find fails and teachers that they then mock doing something that all claim to practice.
One would think it would be the other way around, they would find clips of it in use......with teachers known for it.

My mistake, they do find others who dont practice what they do, doing things they say they practice as examples of what they say
they or others do but never seen...outside of demos...

and yet for a

"spinning back kick and ippon seoi nage" its very clear, no one needs to point out anything....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0-Dt9mPiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHQrj09O-g
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:09 pm

"I dont, maybe others do..."

Oh, I think you do. So badly.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:44 pm

You're the one posting clips, Windwalker-- I don't see how that relates to other people needing clips to validate their practice. Also, it's quite a jump to go from someone saying "this clip that calls itself fighting in the description (e.g. 'they fought and left') is not really fighting" to deciding that person mistrusts their own art or lacks some deeper understanding.

Unless someone is training for sport, there aren't a lot of clips of any classical style using their stuff for reals, which is as it should be, because most of us live in safe environments and that fighting stuff is illegal. There are some teachers who do a much better job of providing the appropriate context around what they're showing and/or how it relates to realistic application than others, however.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Bhassler wrote:You're the one posting clips, Windwalker-- I don't see how that relates to other people needing clips to validate their practice. Also, it's quite a jump to go from someone saying "this clip that calls itself fighting in the description (e.g. 'they fought and left') is not really fighting" to deciding that person mistrusts their own art or lacks some deeper understanding.

Unless someone is training for sport, there aren't a lot of clips of any classical style using their stuff for reals, which is as it should be, because most of us live in safe environments and that fighting stuff is illegal. There are some teachers who do a much better job of providing the appropriate context around what they're showing and/or how it relates to realistic application than others, however.

the reference was to an inference made.

GrahamB wrote:
At some point you will realise that the subway train clip is faked and your whole world will come crumbling down - lol.

As far as the clip you've mentioned, seems like your taking what some one said in the clips description, and assuming I posted it to mean the same...
Feel I've been pretty clear. Its a demo of a training method that people train and use....How or what it's used for is up to them

Many feel its a way of testing taiji, which I would not agree with....although it can be and is used as a training method...

In taiwan when someone asked about what we practiced ,
we did some light sparring....felt good, ;)
got a chance to show my students how it worked outside of
the practice....allowed the other person who said he practiced sanda in China,
to feel something different.

as far as CMA not being shown or used in competitive events,,,spent a large part of life helping those I've met to understand
that CMA methods work, just depends on the person. Have worked with many who do, and did compete never was into it..

In the 70s we had to deal with this,,,doesn't seem like much has really changed....although there are some teacher like shifu David Chin, and some others who have modified their training to field a stable of competitors

http://www.chrisheintzmankungfu.com/201 ... n-my-sifu/

from one of his students

Sifu Chin and one of his students met me at a table in the restaurant and he asked me one simple question, “so why did you come to me?” The answer was simple – I wanted to become a better fighter – so you can imagine my surprise when the first assignment was to do Yang Tai Chi Form

. We did it low and slow and it nearly killed me mentally and physically. Then Sifu Chin came over to me and said he wanted to show me a technique of the tai chi chuan. I said, ‘great’ with excited anticipation and then he told me to put a hand up. I did and he laid his arm against mine and told me to hold my stance real strong.

I did and he asked, “are you ready?” I gave the affirmative and right after that he hit me. The fact that the punch came from such close contact was not the interesting part.

The way that it felt was what hooked me. It felt as though I had been hit with a battering ram and Sifu Chin had barely moved and had a slight smile on his face the whole time.

How some people come into contact with what is talked about in this thread
https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... 42&start=0
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bill on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:29 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The name Grand Ultimate is not a claim of superiority but statement of a principle
It is an aim to achieve

“Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence. “
– Vince Lombardi
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links