White Crane Kung-fu | Master Ong Chin Kwee — The Martial Man

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

White Crane Kung-fu | Master Ong Chin Kwee — The Martial Man

Postby marvin8 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:08 pm

THE MARTIAL MAN
Dec 26, 2019

In this episode, I visit White Crane master, Sifu Ong Chin Kwee in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to experience a rare style of Kung-fu, San-Chien White Crane 三戦白鹤:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU87Wdoa8jA
marvin8
Wuji

Re: White Crane Kung-fu | Master Ong Chin Kwee — The Martial Man

Postby Trick on Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:43 am

San Chien? If it’s about the ‘sanchin’ as it is named in Karate, it’s not rare. It’s also practiced in the wuzuquan, which is quite widespread in Malaysia........(can’t see the vid)
Trick

Postby chenyaolong on Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:59 am

Trick wrote:San Chien? If it’s about the ‘sanchin’ as it is named in Karate, it’s not rare. It’s also practiced in the wuzuquan, which is quite widespread in Malaysia........(can’t see the vid)

It's the basic form in the majority of Fujian styles.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:03 am

They're not claiming the form is rare, they're saying that their approach to it is somewhat unique and that approach is central enough to everything they do that it's what they call their school/style.

As for the video itself, I like the old guy. He's abrupt and no nonsense. It was kind of disappointing that the interviewer didn't have better translation-- he was standing around trying to talk at the old guy, while the old guy was basically saying "hit me with something real and I'll show you."
Bhassler
Great Old One

Return to Video Links