Daoist Physical Training Review

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Daoist Physical Training Review

Postby greytowhite on Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:15 pm

https://www.udemy.com/course/daoist-physical-training/

I was able to get this at like 90% off or something crazy like that this holiday season - it's certainly worth more than I paid. Serge Augier's student takes one through the basics of the Da Xuan school's physical cultivation. Reminiscent at times of Huang's 5 Loosening Exercises, the Mao Shan 5 Elements taught in Kunlun, or the Han Family Yiquan swings this is a great way to dig a deeper foundation. There are a number of aspects that one should return to repeatedly. I have learned similar things over the years but really appreciate their systematic approach and willingness to share their process and ideas of progress. Dude's accent is thick but understandable. I'd recommend it at full price but Udemy regularly runs some deep discounts so someone patient may be able to take advantage of this.
greytowhite
Wuji

Re: Daoist Physical Training Review

Postby cloudz on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:01 am

you got a bargain mate always good stuff from this school.
someone wrote on there reminiscent of illiq chuan.

Well,

it should be noted (and it often is not..), that Serge also spent some time Learning under Big Sam, the man.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Pennykid on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up, greytowhite. I just purchased it off of your recommendation and it looks good so far
Pennykid
Anjing

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Thanks Matt. I've danced around the edges of Serge's training methods before but now I have the chance to dive right in.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:58 pm

Taste of Death wrote:Thanks Matt. I've danced around the edges of Serge's training methods before but now I have the chance to dive right in.

Thanks for sharing Han Family Yiquan so generously - I've really enjoyed the work the past few years and seeing some more angles of training. Hopefully I can visit the City of Trees before the year is out and we can practice together.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:57 pm

greytowhite wrote:
Taste of Death wrote:Thanks Matt. I've danced around the edges of Serge's training methods before but now I have the chance to dive right in.

Thanks for sharing Han Family Yiquan so generously - I've really enjoyed the work the past few years and seeing some more angles of training. Hopefully I can visit the City of Trees before the year is out and we can practice together.

You're always welcome.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan