cord cutting usa

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

cord cutting usa

Postby everything on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm

anyone using a good streaming tv pay service you like? I have playstation vue, which has been quite good, but it's going out of business at the end of january. they are recommending youtube tv as a replacement. I've been liking Pluto TV (free) somewhat.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: cord cutting usa

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but we use Netflix more than anything, followed by Prime Video. Using a VPN and changing countries really widens what you get access to. I can't comment on regular TV (network TV?), as I don't watch that. I was surprised to see that the new ST series, Picard, is not even on normal TV.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:40 pm

yeah having it all fragmented for lower fees isn't necessarily better than the cable / aggregation at high fees days. I really only had PS Vue for sports. Don't know if I'll bother getting anything, or if at some point I'll feel frustrated missing my games and pick a new service.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:49 pm

Dropped the cable (and the landline) 8 years ago, bought a Roku, and never looked back.
The lineup fluxed a bit over time; right now it's Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Showtime and HBO. More than we need/actively use, but they are so cheap (comparatively) and easy to drop/pick back up... No ads anywhere. It's been nothing short of a streaming bliss! ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby RickMatz on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:34 am

Dmitri wrote:Dropped the cable (and the landline) 8 years ago, bought a Roku, and never looked back.
The lineup fluxed a bit over time; right now it's Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Showtime and HBO. More than we need/actively use, but they are so cheap (comparatively) and easy to drop/pick back up... No ads anywhere. It's been nothing short of a streaming bliss! ;D

What Dimitri said, plus we use a HD TV antenna for the local stations and get the mid tier of Sling, so about 30-40 channels for about $30 a month.
RickMatz
Huajing

Return to Off the Topic