Internal Iron Body

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Internal Iron Body

Postby CombatTaiChi on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:27 am

Is there any good "Internal Iron Body" video course? This by Richard Clear seems very good. Anybody have it and done it?
CombatTaiChi
Santi

Re: Internal Iron Body

Postby wiesiek on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:52 pm

internal golden bel training means: kepin`"packing" independently from breathing
and
`cause it is quite invisible, video doesn`t make to much sense,
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby CombatTaiChi on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 pm

Yes, but with a good explanation also a video is useful.
CombatTaiChi
Santi

Postby C.J.W. on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:16 am

Richard Clear.....I think I lost count how many systems he teaches.

Not much iron body in this video:

C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:16 am

C.J.W. wrote:Richard Clear.....I think I lost count how many systems he teaches.

Not much iron body in this video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsncS5Q02I[/]

That’s my problem with many teachers who try to make a living teaching martial arts. Many have no real focus. If you look at one thing, a video or a book, it might look impressive. But if you compare different things they do, there are often contradictions. Many say one thing in one situation and then a contradiction in another. Then what side of reality or what version of “truth” should you trust?

However, he looks very young and healthy for a 50 year old. Personally I am not a fan of Iron body/ iron shirt/ golden bell cover type of stuff. But I am sure that much of what he does is good practice for both mind and body. How far honesty goes, I have no idea really, and don’t want to speculate about it.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:19 am

His core art appears to be Silat from Willem De Thouars' lineage, but now also teaches Taiji/Xingyi/Bagua/Yiquan.

There is this "jittery" and very un-CIMA quality in his movement that I believe is something he has carried over from Silat.

As for his youthful Kevin Bacon looks, I chalk it up to good genes.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:40 am

C.J.W. wrote:His core art appears to be Silat from Willem De Thouars' lineage, but now also teaches Taiji/Xingyi/Bagua/Yiquan.

There is this "jittery" and very un-CIMA quality in his movement that I believe is something he has carried over from Silat.

Willem De Thours also teaches Tai Chi, some Yang variation, so I suspect that he is Clear's main source as well, though he says that he has studied with others. Mostly briefly I suspect. Yes, his movements and use of balance are very different from any better skilled TCC practitioner I've met. I know a person who has studied Tai Chi from De Thours. I won't say too much, but I was surprised that he seemed to not recognise quite basic partner exercises.

I would suspect that Silat and Tai Chi is not the most perfect match? ???
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Don't know Richards "internal" iron body but this list contains a lot pedagong examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BlI81mmz-Q&list=PL9A9F2E0AFE6086B0&index=1

Can't vouch for what exactly his internal iron body is but my experience is that careful, relaxed, continuous impact conditioning goes a long way. Then there are the other things like muscular development, standing posture, mentally dissipating pain, timing impact handling, structure, breath packing and so on. I also had a couple of ditda ointments but their scent was too strong.

Just building carefully peda worked enough to be able to take a decent kick and punch.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby CombatTaiChi on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:57 am

I like very much the instructional videos by Richard Clear. He maybe mix together the things but the explanations are very good and clear. :)
CombatTaiChi
Santi

Return to Video Links