cold home remedies, TCM or other

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

cold home remedies, TCM or other

Postby everything on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:41 pm

what are your favoite home remedies for colds and other minor illnesses? I'm getting over something and the cough/sore throat lingers longest as far as symptoms go. very annoying. I'm kind of tired of drinking nonstop fluids and peeing every 10 minutes but hydration seems to help the most. took some over the counter meds and had some chicken soup.

maybe I should try something else? tea? super spicy food? medicinal herbs? -joint-
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: cold home remedies, TCM or other

Postby windwalker on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Kimichi Jjigae,,,Kimchi soup.

taste good, great in the winter time.

Rather than stocking up on medicine and tissues, find out why probiotic kimchi is becoming the powerhouse for fighting off colds.

https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/p ... powerhouse
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:45 pm

ah yesss that might be the ticket to kick my last symptom's ass. i need something spicy to clear things up, not to mention probiotics and fiber couldn't hurt.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:50 am

Coltsfoot and licorice root tea - 50/50 together in a tea ball. Soothes sore throat and nasal passages. Both herbs have side-effects in certain cases, though.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:19 am

Interesting, thanks. Never heard of this kind of tea before.
everything
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:13 am

Pei Pa Gao,loquat extract
Nothing better
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Learning a lot of new possibilities today. Ok will check that one out as well, thanks!
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:05 am

Extra vitamin D, and two fresh tomatoes a day.

When I was a kid a old woman neighbor suggested, a strong cup of coffe with table spoon of butter mixed into it, i tried it once and it seemed to work.
An former work colleague drank a big glass of beer with two crushed garlic cloves mixed into it....that one I’ve never tried.......And yes I guess kimchi can work wonders too, and as said it taste good too.
And then of course, Chicken soup is a good tasty warmer.
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:36 pm

enema
lungs are paired with large intestine in TCM.
Intestine cleaning will improve lungs functions
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:51 pm

Trick wrote:When I was a kid a old woman neighbor suggested, a strong cup of coffe with table spoon of butter mixed into it, i tried it once and it seemed to work.
An former work colleague drank a big glass of beer with two crushed garlic cloves mixed into it....that one I’ve never tried.......And yes I guess kimchi can work wonders too, and as said it taste good too.

wiesiek wrote:enema

For the enema: coffee, beer, kimchi or chicken soup?
Last edited by Taste of Death on Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:15 am

Taste of Death wrote:
Trick wrote:When I was a kid a old woman neighbor suggested, a strong cup of coffe with table spoon of butter mixed into it, i tried it once and it seemed to work.

wiesiek wrote:enema

For the enema: coffee, beer, kimchi or chicken soup?

Vitamin D is a super vitamin, essential not only for bony health, keeps the lungs in shape too + more.
Mackerel and herrings are very good natural sources ...
Trick

Postby denchen on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:08 am

Whiskey Mac - single malt and green ginger wine
denchen
Mingjing

Postby Trick on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:11 am

Back when I stayed in Beijing, my teacher from Sweden came to visit for a month. One night he began to feel ill with high fewer, in the morning he asked me to go down and buy a bottle of whiskey. What brand I asked with my unknowingly non whiskey drinking voice, - ‘just grab a bottle and come straight back up’ he said tired. I grabbed a bottle of something not expensive. He drank it, not all in one slurp, but it was half finished by noon time. He slept till night and came out sober and fewer free
Trick

Return to Off the Topic