Report from Shanghai

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Report from Shanghai

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 am

In Germany in the military when this happened we Administered the vaccinations to the battalion.

“In 1976, an outbreak of the swine flu, Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 at Fort Dix, New Jersey caused one death, hospitalized 13, and led to a mass immunization program. After the program began, the vaccine was associated with an increase in reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which can cause paralysis, respiratory arrest, and death. The immunization program was ended after approximately 25% of the population of the United States had been administered the vaccine.”

Over half our battalion was out of action the next day after receiving the vaccinations.

Very important the testing is done to ensure the vaccination isn’t worse than the virus itself.
One would expect them to Develop a vaccination by the end of this year hopefully the testing goes well.

If one takes the time to read what is put up by the state department concerning ex-pats.
Most of what is being complained about is outlined with expectations and limitations of what can actually be
done
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:34 am

They’re not there to scare.

Exactly

Don’t think many people outside of China or who have not been to China realize
the population density.

Those of us here who’ve lived or are living there can appreciate this.
China is China,
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 am

some good news hopefully

Dr. George Diaz: About a week into his course he got worse developed pneumonia. At that point given the reports we had gotten out of China… At that point we elected to give him… the experimental Remdesivir, antiviral medication. And within 24 hours he improved significantly.

This was quite encouraging and he improved and thereafter remained without fever and felt much better.
Over the next few days he improved to where we thought he could be discharged at home under the care of the local health district.

Arthel Neville: And you said you used, I believe an experimental anti-viral medication, that you gave this patient. Can you apply this treatment to ALL people infected with the coronavirus or does it depend on the stage of their infection?

Dr. George Diaz: Yes, at this point the CDC has been working with the authorities in China and have recently opened a large clinical trial of Chinese patients looking at those with severe disease as well as those with mild to moderate disease. We are very much looking forward to the trials.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... urs-video/
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Simple hand washing upon completion of all tasks cannot be underestimated. Many times, hygiene in China has alot to be desired...
1. Hand washing with soap and clean potable water upon leaving the washroom.
2. Handwashing after cleaning animal products
3. Handwashing after cooking food....

In the Big Sandbox (Afghanistan) hygiene was always impressed upon as since water was at a premium. Leave ECP and wash hands before entering chowhall/DEFAC. When finished eating, wash hands. leaving poto potties! find water and wash hands, don't touch face.eyes, etc with "dirty" hands..KNw some people who got some nasty dermatological problem associated with not washing hands..Isn't rocket science but oftenoverlooked
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Thanks for sharing Trick.

I can understand why foreigners would stay or go.

If it were just me I would probably but if I had children and a family or a wife wanting to leave I would probably go besides it isn't hard to come back.

To be clear I am not criticizing China. Jarek writes about control freaks but I don't think there is a way around it if they are going to stop the spread of the virus.

Yes, I will and still criticize China but in this case I think they are doing whatever they can to stop the spread of the virus.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 am

windwalker wrote:In Germany in the military when this happened we Administered the vaccinations to the battalion.

“In 1976, an outbreak of the swine flu, Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 at Fort Dix, New Jersey caused one death, hospitalized 13, and led to a mass immunization program. After the program began, the vaccine was associated with an increase in reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which can cause paralysis, respiratory arrest, and death. The immunization program was ended after approximately 25% of the population of the United States had been administered the vaccine.”

Over half our battalion was out of action the next day after receiving the vaccinations.

Very important the testing is done to ensure the vaccination isn’t worse than the virus itself.
One would expect them to Develop a vaccination by the end of this year hopefully the testing goes well.

If one takes the time to read what is put up by the state department concerning ex-pats.
Most of what is being complained about is outlined with expectations and limitations of what can actually be
done
Interesting! I thought the swine flu was a new virus when it came around a few years back(and my wife worried I had caught it during an trainride from Dalian to Beijing, I had gotten really sick with high fewer, but I was ok, no swine flu)

Yes the vaccination thing, so hurried. By your story one would think there by now had been developed an safe swine flu vaccine, but no.

In August 2010, Finland reported an increased occurrence of narcolepsy in children and youngsters vaccinated with Pandemrix. On 1 September 2010, Finland stopped all Pandemrix vaccinations. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... lepsy.aspx
https://sanevax.org/health-authorities- ... arcolepsy/

Interesting that there are companies who have patents of viruses, an British company have patents on the several variations of the corona virus, their probably in a hurry to get an patent on this new one too, should not be a bro lemme for them since they already have labs here in China since some years.
Luckily they work very close with vaccine manufacturers. 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:34 am

yeniseri wrote:Simple hand washing upon completion of all tasks cannot be underestimated. Many times, hygiene in China has alot to be desired...
1. Hand washing with soap and clean potable water upon leaving the washroom.
2. Handwashing after cleaning animal products
3. Handwashing after cooking food....

In the Big Sandbox (Afghanistan) hygiene was always impressed upon as since water was at a premium. Leave ECP and wash hands before entering chowhall/DEFAC. When finished eating, wash hands. leaving poto potties! find water and wash hands, don't touch face.eyes, etc with "dirty" hands..KNw some people who got some nasty dermatological problem associated with not washing hands..Isn't rocket science but oftenoverlooked

Long commercials of the ‘Safeguard’soaps and shampoos on tv and the Chinese tubes here, has been going on for at least a year, peaking at the big holidays. And ‘governmental’ “commercials” on keeping environment clean(no littering)
But yes hand hygiene concern generally could definitely be higher here, not many who clean their hands after done business at public toilets I see.

I have an Italian friend who is the chief chef at an pizzeria in Dalian, he always has to remind the staff to clean their hands. Mama Mia he says .
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:49 am

An interesting breakdown on the projected development of the Coronavirus death toll along with some information on possible economic outcomes. I hope the author is correct in terms of the overall impact, but we are going to see over the next few months.

https://ombreolivier.liberty.me/wuhan-and-the-world/
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:17 am

not many who clean their hands after done business at public toilets I see.

Seems like my Chines friends wash their hands, nothing out of the ordinary. Though in Southern parts of China there's a great lack of water. Some people don't want to contribute to unnecessary waste. Some of the greatest trouble in China seems to be an uneven distribution of resources. Many provinces pay a lot in taxes but get very little back. For instance, when the government spent billions and billions on the World Expo in Shanghai 2010, peasants in Sichuan and Yunnan amongst other places had to kill hundreds of animals due to the lack of water. The problems have prevailed for a long time, but the government don't care. All resources goes to Beijing and Shanghai.

Regarding the Corona outbreak, the government should be held responsible due to lack of commitment, but we all know that won't happen. Now it's the local officials who will take the bullet for lack of control. :-\
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 am

Bao wrote:

Seems like my Chines friends wash their hands, nothing out of the ordinary. Though in Southern parts of China there's a great lack of water. Some people don't want to contribute to unnecessary waste. Some of the greatest trouble in China seems to be an uneven distribution of resources. Many provinces pay a lot in taxes but get very little back. For instance, when the government spent billions and billions on the World Expo in Shanghai 2010, peasants in Sichuan and Yunnan amongst other places had to kill hundreds of animals due to the lack of water. The problems have prevailed for a long time, but the government don't care. All resources goes to Beijing and Shanghai.

Regarding the Corona outbreak, the government should be held responsible due to lack of commitment, but we all know that won't happen. Now it's the local officials who will take the bullet for lack of control. :-\
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 am

Bao wrote:

Seems like my Chines friends wash their hands, nothing out of the ordinary. Though in Southern parts of China there's a great lack of water. Some people don't want to contribute to unnecessary waste. :-\

I under usual circumstances daily visit Starbucks in the nearby mall to have an afternoon coffee. So I also got to daily go to the Mall’s toilet, now that’s just a short visit but I notice every time few take time to clean their hands.
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:19 am

Bao wrote: All resources goes to Beijing and Shanghai.

Doesn’t those up in ‘Norrland’ say so about Stockholm too 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 am

Bao wrote:[

I don’t know about this, I from my viewpoint (Huainan) see that things under the circumstances runs quite smoothly. And as I mentioned in previous post, the flu season was on when this corona virus came along, must have created a lot of confusion. As of info I get herein China there is an optimism despite the current situation.......som even say now they’re getting a good rest and ready to get on with business stronger as soon the virus threat is gone.
Trick

Postby Bao on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:15 am

Trick wrote:
Bao wrote:Regarding the Corona outbreak, the government should be held responsible due to lack of commitment, but we all know that won't happen. Now it's the local officials who will take the bullet for lack of control. :-\

I don’t know about this, I from my viewpoint (Huainan) see that things under the circumstances runs quite smoothly. And as I mentioned in previous post, the flu season was on when this corona virus came along, must have created a lot of confusion. As of info I get herein China there is an optimism despite the current situation.......som even say now they’re getting a good rest and ready to get on with business stronger as soon the virus threat is gone.

"Lack of control" = What I mean is that market and the merchandise was illegal. There has been warnings about a possible new breakout and warnings about illegal trade with live animals ever since the SARS breakout. Now they believe that the virus came from bats, but was spread via pangolins, an animal that has been protected by law for over 40 years in China. Local officials will have to take some responsibility for not stopping the trade.

Glad to hear about the rest.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:38 am

there are government regulations on such things, but “such things” have a deep root in this culture, not the easiest thing to have “complete” control over a big country as China. The central government can’t be blamed, but perhaps local officials can.
Its interesting, “westerners”(not pointing at you) complain how the Chinese regime is too oppressive, but now complain the regime acting too sloppy.
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic