huang tai chi

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: huang tai chi

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm

yap sue ting is our linage it is also nigel suttons.
we come down through the chock seng kam line.
nigel comes down through the lou tong bao line.
both were known for their willingness to take a challange.
go to nigels site and read why huang asked yap to come to malaysia.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Daniel-san on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:53 am

Last edited by Daniel-san on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel-san
Anjing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 am

Those of you that show immediate disdain for any demonstration of fa Jin, I understand , some followers can be quite dramatic, I can only say, there will come a time in your training when you do recognize the reality of such ability.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby taijichicago on Sat May 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes. I am a student of Patrick Kelly who was only caucasian internal student of Huang Sheng Shyan.
I teach in Chicago. www.althealthgroup.com
taijichicago
Santi

Postby windwalker on Sat May 14, 2016 3:39 pm

taijichicago wrote:Yes. I am a student of Patrick Kelly who was only caucasian internal student of Huang Sheng Shyan.
I teach in Chicago. http://www.althealthgroup.com

Read some of teacher kelly's work good stuff.
Your web site dosn't seem to have to much regarding taiji.

Maybe you could share some things that might help those that question things to understand
another perspective.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat May 14, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Sat May 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:Those of you that show immediate disdain for any demonstration of fa Jin, I understand , some followers can be quite dramatic, I can only say, there will come a time in your training when you do recognize the reality of such ability.

you are quite correct. master's who posses high level Dantian powered faJin are extremely dangerous.
Is Maodun
Last edited by willie on Sun May 15, 2016 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
willie

Postby charlie_cambridge on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 pm

I can vouch for Tim in Chicago. Patrick recommended him to me when I left Shanghai to move to Chicago.

Patrick also publicly links to him here:
https://patrickkellytaiji.com/worldwideschools.html

(you need to scroll down to bottom of the page with links organized alphabetically by country, you'll see link to TIm's as the only one under "USA")

windwalker wrote:
taijichicago wrote:Yes. I am a student of Patrick Kelly who was only caucasian internal student of Huang Sheng Shyan.
I teach in Chicago. http://www.althealthgroup.com

Read some of teacher kelly's work good stuff.
Your web site dosn't seem to have to much regarding taiji.

Maybe you could share some things that might help those that question things to understand
another perspective.
charlie_cambridge
Mingjing

Postby charlie_cambridge on Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:16 pm

I'm a beginner in Patrick's system with a new practice group in Cambridge, MA these days. Our focus is not martial art but push hands as sensitivity training for those interested in practicing Patrick's approach:

https://freshpondtaiji.com/
charlie_cambridge
Mingjing

Postby dspyrido on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:45 pm

willie wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:Those of you that show immediate disdain for any demonstration of fa Jin, I understand , some followers can be quite dramatic, I can only say, there will come a time in your training when you do recognize the reality of such ability.

you are quite correct. master's who posses high level Dantian powered faJin are extremely dangerous.
Is Maodun

Is the video of Huang and the conga line supposed to represent this or are we talking about the use of clever qinna combined with the ability to deliver a well placed strike which is really all I've ever seen good taichi to be?

As for disdain - mine wasn't immediate. It was developed through a process of awareness, confusion, curiosity and then disdain. This all took years but now it is just outright indifference because it is a trick with well placed stooges or a game of social control with people playing along (ie form of hypnosis).
dspyrido
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan