The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:58 am

middleway wrote:
and his real beef with Taijiquan. Or it’s all an poorly commercial scheme?

Trick, I only think he has fought 1 Taiji Guy, unless i am mistaken. All other opponents are from other systems who publicly challenged him.

The beef isn't with Taiji it seems, its with TCMAists who make outlandish claims about the utility of their Martial Art, specifically claims that infer they would easily beat an MMA fighter, even more specifically that they would beat him...

Thanks.

middleway, i actually dont follow this guys endeavours closely, however wasnt his initial thing challenging pure taiji guys, pure as have not crosstrained even if just other CMA. that he had no beef with other. perhaps he felt it went so well and stepped up and broadened his targets of challengings....still silly, i thought MMA guys focused on competin in UFC and similar
Trick

Postby Bhassler on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

Well, Byron's already covered the whole thing multiple times in podcasts. And as has been said, Xu doesn't have any beef with taiji, it's with fake martial artists who claim they can do a bunch of shit they can't. Like I said earlier, there are a lot of people going around spouting opinions about Xu and whether he's right or wrong who haven't bothered to even make an attempt to understand what the situation is. Opinions based on nothing...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 am

If fighter already know that those “fake (martial) artists can’t do what the say they do then why bother ? It seem childish I think.
I personally have never met any teacher here in China that say they can kick any ‘modern’ MMAist here and there. However I hear teachers of traditional Chinese martial arts saying that Chinese martial arts in fact is MMA since they all contain Striking, kicking, locks and throws.
Is it such statements that trigger the angry fight or angry word reflex among some ?
Trick

Postby C.J.W. on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:00 am

It's certainly interesting to see how Xu is praised as a hero and pioneer in the West while scorned in China as a low-life.

Personally, I do not think Xu's intention is as noble and simple as he proclaims to be. Calling out charlatans in the TCMA world is fine, but there are certainly better and more courteous ways to do it. In the early days of his witch hunt, he would often post videos of himself yelling, cursing (with numerous F bombs), and criticizing TCMAists whom he considered to be "garbage" like a raging lunatic in an effort to provoke them into challenging him.

If you ask me, I believe the main reason he did it was to promote himself as well as his MMA school.
Last edited by C.J.W. on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 am

F-Bombs? Fuck, that's terrible.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:56 pm

C.J.W. wrote:It's certainly interesting to see how Xu is praised as a hero and pioneer in the West while scorned in China as a low-life.

Personally, I do not think Xu's intention is as noble and simple as he proclaims to be. Disclosing charlatans in the TCMA world is fine, but there are certainly better and more courteous ways to do it. In the early days of his witch hunt, he would often post videos of himself yelling, cursing (with numerous F bombs), and criticizing TCMAists whom he considered to be "garbage" like a raging lunatic in an effort to provoke them into accepting his public challenges.

If you ask me, I believe the main reason he did it was to promote himself as well as his MMA school.

+1

When I see him throwing fake punches to his Iron shirt friends, I knew he is a fake.
I believe he set up a only matches where the opponents are either skinnny, old or with no stamina.
Overlord

Postby Trick on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:47 am

Look at all the fools playing, their cake all’s fake he keep saying. If just come to sense they’ll buy me the Benz, he dream, a challenge scheme, for sure to me they all will lean.
He might be fitter and dreaming of glitter, but all too bitter, could it be out of jitter, his cake turn to litter.
Trick

Postby wushutiger on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:46 pm

So if you look at the reality, his school was targeted, then shut down for no reason really, his money was lost, he lost students, had to move his school, lots of costs, he was on the losing end of a sham court case, more money lost and name dragged through the mud, his social credit went down the toilet, his life became much more difficult, and yet he carried on speaking the truth. If this was about promotion it is ass backwards and a complete failure yet he carries on.

Unfortunately for Xu, his attutude, mouth and other aspects don't benefit him in any way. If he did what he did, and had a different attitude, it would be different in terms of opinion about himn in general. However, nothing would have changed how he was officially targeted and the reasons are NOT related to his mouth, but rather to the nationalistic official drive here connected to soft power and "culture". But I believe the general opinion today would have been different if he conducted himself differently in certain regards.
Last edited by wushutiger on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:20 am

Yes, although far off from Beijing, I found his Chinese and his appearance rather rude and unnecessary in-polite.
But the basic problem, he made public, is still there and must be taken care of, if CMA want to survive as fighting systems.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:54 am

martial arts in general and around the world is ...a small business....for most it’s not the greatest activity to spend ones time on.
CMA will continue to float around as the traditional JMA do, they will always have a pull on some.
But now MMA is in vogue, but cocky and rough and maybe a little rogue, to some a bad taste not for ones time to waste.
Trick

Postby windwalker on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:00 am

taiwandeutscher wrote:Yes, although far off from Beijing, I found his Chinese and his appearance rather rude and unnecessary in-polite.
But the basic problem, he made public, is still there and must be taken care of, if CMA want to survive as fighting systems.

A problem easily addressed in person by
those feeling the need to do so.

CMA as a traditional cultural artifact will be maintained by those within the culture
as modern variants and fighters develop / emerge from the culture
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:00 am

Official 2017 statement from Chen Zhenglei of Chen style on Xu and his challenge.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/W1QOXyS6q9E_gswA3_pzsA?
(In Chinese)

Google translate version:

May 1

Tai Chi King Kong Chen Zhenglei said: About Xu Xiaodong calling the Chen brothers, they are ulterior motives and are disrupting the martial arts market.

Chen Zhenglei said that he had just returned from abroad and would work for the young people in Chenjiagou (ignoring Xu Xiaodong's call to fight), because instead he was raising the opponent (Xu Xiaodong).

Regarding Xu Xiaodong's statement in the live broadcast that "90% of Taijiquan is currently faked", Chen Zhenglei said that Xu's statement was not unreasonable. Taijiquan itself was used for battle in the Cold Weapon Age, but currently Taichi is the same as most traditional boxing types. It is mainly for physical fitness. Only a few people study fighting. If 10% can practice real kung fu, China Martial arts are much stronger.

He said that no matter which martial arts genre, if you want to practice actual kung fu, it is not like the practice methods and time of ordinary people, it requires special training methods and long-term training.

Forward Chen Zhenglei's voice on the Xu incident:

Happy holidays, disciples! Your mother and I returned from visiting Europe last night! Seeing the online hype Xu Xiaodong is challenging the martial arts masters! I think it is ulterior motives who deliberately teased the dispute over the portals of martial arts genres. This will not be conducive to martial arts unity and development! I suggest that the IWUF and the Chinese Martial Arts Association should come forward to stop it! Xu Yao really has the ability to let him win glory for the country in the international arena! This is my suggestion to the leaders of the Chinese Armed Forces Association. And get a reply, work on measures tomorrow. I also asked the boxers who let me tell Chen Jiagou not to be impulsive and to fight blindly. If this is the case, you should be deceived. A lunatic scolded in the media can sue him through legal procedures. Therefore, I would like to warn our disciples to be careful and not to act blindly. Passing this incident also requires the disciples to strengthen their practice and enhance their skills. Once they encounter a challenge, they should win glory for the teachers and the country.

Master Chen Zhenglei.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby wushutiger on Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:48 am

Last edited by wushutiger on Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:28 am

Just watched the first one:

That's hilarious! ;D ;D ;D "40m!"

I've got to be honest, though - an impressive amount of running for an old guy ;D
Last edited by GrahamB on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:56 am

cant see youtube, so i have to ask. inthose videos are there any direct (fight)challenges toward xu ?
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links