The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

Postby marvin8 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:11 am

wushutiger wrote:These were all part of the underlying things leading to Xu calling them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFMpGR7hCNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlhH0PAsaZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmS2nSm5n2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp89JK-uH0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEv7I4jSADI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmF-tXZK-3Q

These were all staged. The strongman publicly stated this too in defense of Xu by the way.

marvin8 wrote:Some allegations:
Guan Nan Wang wrote:This is also the very definition of a hypocrite, when the money is good then Chen style is the only combat Taichi still functioning, that is what they have been promoting for all these years, in shows such as Experience real kungfu, Chen village vs Muay thai, Chen village vs Karate, Chen Xiaowang vs strongman, Wang Zhanhai vs strongman, vs judo, vs all kind of stuff. Which were all paid stunts to make themselves look good and pretending to be martial, but soon as a challenger come at the door, then nope they are not about fighting? That is way too cheap and faceless for my taste.

. . . Yesterday Wang Zhanjun decided to send his top "disciple" Han Feilong to fight Xu, and the disciple part is in "" because this guy isn't really trained by Wang himself, but by sanda coach hired by Wang.

. . . Xu made a live stream today replying to Wang's decision, he basically said that his doubt is with whether or not Chen village Taichi can fight, he never doubted whether or not Sanda can fight, so sending this Han who is a professional sanda athlete, does not prove anything against the argument at hand.

. . . Wasn't the Chen village the ones that went to big daddy Federation and reported Xu for illegal fighting? Then they turn around and sent 7 ppl to corner Xu and forcing him to fight without any announcement before hand? How dirty can one get? They know fully well that if Xu fought "illegally" again, he would be locked up, and if he didn't fight like what happened,

. . . For all of you saying its nothing wrong in using taichi trick, here is a video of a reporter asking CXW why ppl couldn't push him, and you know what he said? instead of revealing the trick, he recited some taichi jargon about sinking Dantian and supporting from 8 sides, and you still don think that's fraud?
marvin8
Wuji

Postby wushutiger on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:47 pm

I've got to be honest, though - an impressive amount of running for an old guy

Internal style video editing skills.... :P :P
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 am

Nice to see them keeping the legacy alive with dignity.

Easy to criticise when you're not in that position though. If I was Chinese and in a big Tai Chi family and the government suggested very strongly that I did something in the interests of its soft power, I'm not sure how much choice I would have, unless I wanted to go on a nice little holiday to one of their concentration camps, sorry, I mean "re-education camps".

Last edited by GrahamB on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:45 am

so fighters that are fighting and winning tournaments and championchips are feeling hurt and upset does because chen taiji village harmlessly promote themself...??......does the karate/judo/strongman world actually feel upset and hurt ??
Trick

Postby Trick on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:53 am

actually, in sweden there is an taiji teacher(whose taijiquan one can have questions about) who has taught taiji in US re-education...sorry!.. concentration ....errr..prisons
Trick

Postby robert on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:48 am

wushutiger wrote:These were all staged. The strongman publicly stated this too in defense of Xu by the way.

Staged has a number of meanings. Can you provide a pdf or copy of the strongman's court affidavit so we can see the context? In US televised sports they often take commercial breaks for TV - that's staging. The clips you provided look like they're from CCTV; there would have been cameramen, grips, makeup people and so on. Did Xu get affidavits from any of them? Can you provide those? Thanks.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:58 am

I don't know who to believe - Robert or my lyin' eyes. ???
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby robert on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:04 pm

GrahamB wrote:I don't know who to believe - Robert or my lyin' eyes. ???

You think any of those videos represent some unusual or astonishing athletic ability?
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:22 pm

I don't know what you're looking at, but from what I've seen the first video was so obviously faked I didn't watch the rest, although I think I've seen the strong man one before. Seriously, it was like an episode of Benny Hill with him running all over the playing field like that. It just needed the music. If you can't see that's faked I don't know what hope there is for you.
Last edited by GrahamB on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby robert on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:48 pm

GrahamB wrote:I don't know what you're looking at, but from what I've seen the first video was so obviously faked I didn't watch the rest, although I think I've seen the strong man one before. Seriously, it was like an episode of Benny Hill with him running all over the playing field like that. It just needed the music. If you can't see that's faked I don't know what hope there is for you.

I absolutely agree that the first one would fit in an episode of Benny Hill ;D I think it was silly and I have no idea what the point was, but I have no reason to think it was faked - although you can't grab your opponent in American football. The only thing that would make sense to me is if they had two teams playing a scrimmage and they had Wang play running back on a couple plays. It certainly isn't like an episode of Sport Science.
robert
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:04 pm

robert wrote:but I have no reason to think it was faked -

And that, my friends, is exactly why there's so much bullshit in martial arts and why people pay to learn it. 90% of people just have no clue what they're doing or what they're looking at. No offence meant, but you are one of the 90%.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby robert on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:09 pm

GrahamB wrote:
robert wrote:but I have no reason to think it was faked -

And that, my friends, is exactly why there's so much bullshit in martial arts and why people pay to learn it. 90% of people just have no clue what they're doing or what they're looking at. No offence meant, but you are one of the 90%.

;)
robert
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:17 am

Xu made a live stream today replying to Wang's decision, he basically said that his doubt is with [color=#0040FF]whether or not Chen village Taichi can fight, he never doubted whether or not Sanda can fight,
so his mission as an fighter is to fight those he doubt can fight....thats bizarre
Trick

Postby wushutiger on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:02 am

so his mission as an fighter is to fight those he doubt can fight....thats bizarre

How is it that you cant understand what he is saying? Those who fraudulently and deliberately fake their fighting ability are those who he is exposing. Not those who are only presenting themselves without lying, cheating and stealing. Sanda people are not fraudulently and deliberately faking their fighting ability and misleading people, so who would have a problem with them? They didnt make a video beating fencing, judo, rugby, a strongman etc. the Chen people did.
Last edited by wushutiger on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:28 am

wushutiger wrote:

How is it that you cant understand what he is saying? Those who fraudulently and deliberately fake their fighting ability are those who he is exposing. Not those who are only presenting themselves without lying, cheating and stealing. Sanda people are not fraudulently and deliberately faking their fighting ability and misleading people, so who would have a problem with them? They didnt make a video beating fencing, judo, rugby, a strongman etc. the Chen people did.

yes as i wrote, or qoute, hes on a mission to fight those he doubt can fight.......now i dont know, are those fencing,/judo/rugby/strongman and karate guys who they are claimed to be ? if they are and acting or not i see nothin to get all wired up about...even if they where just acting i see nothing to get so overly upset about....Chen village is as a brand, making advertisement for their product, up to the consumers if they will buy it.........some would say canned instant coffee is not the real deal, yet celebrity actors making commercials for it seem to enjoy drinking it,.. are coffee houses going all fighty yelling its all fake ?
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links