The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

Postby wushutiger on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:08 am

ome would say canned instant coffee is not the real deal, yet celebrity actors making commercials for it seem to enjoy drinking it,.. are coffee houses going all fighty yelling its all fake ?

Terrible analogy. If instant coffee companies were lying about what their ingredients were, and actually there was no coffee included, yet they made fake videos saying it did, then people would get upset.

The Chen videos are only a small part of the problem, and this has all been explained many many times already, but there is a whole set of deliberate misleading staged endeavors here, an entire tv series called "experiencing real kung fu" where everything is staged, even the "people" are not who they are presented as being (for example a western thai boxer), and then the "Chinese master" beats them and then goes on and performs super human expos of other abilities, all being presented as real and a documentary. This is only one such example of shows like this. Lei Lei was on this show, and Lei Lei went on to Xu's social media platform making other claims. Xu then told him to put his money where his mouth is. This is where it started.

This is very common here, even big international fights are held here where the foreigner is paid to lose. Its endemic, and rarely understood outside of China. Xu simply called them out on part of the nonsense.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 am

-argh- -flame-
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:31 am

wushutiger wrote:
ome would say canned instant coffee is not the real deal, yet celebrity actors making commercials for it seem to enjoy drinking it,.. are coffee houses going all fighty yelling its all fake ?

Terrible analogy. If instant coffee companies were lying about what their ingredients were, and actually there was no coffee included, yet they made fake videos saying it did, then people would get upset.

but instant coffee is coffee, and taijiquan is an martial art.....even if you and xu dont like that
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:31 am

GrahamB wrote:-argh- -flame-

kaaaabooooom
Trick

Postby wushutiger on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:00 am

but instant coffee is coffee, and taijiquan is an martial art

Well in line with your way of thinking then you should add: fake is real, staged is natural, lies are truth.

.....even if you and xu dont like that

Please dont twist words and ideas. I have clearly stated my position too. I'm a passionate practitioner of CMA, and have dedicated my life to its practice and study. I am vehemently opposed to the lies and all that other nonsense that is pervasive in the arts and that Xu called CMA out on, as it is indeed this that is extremely damaging to CMA as a whole.

Regarding Xu, what happened, why etc. its all very clear, you just simply want to ignore this.
Last edited by wushutiger on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
wushutiger
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links