Westworld

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Westworld

Postby Steve James on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:23 pm

2017 would be January. They probably hadn't decided to renew the series and start production until the reviews were in. The cast is pretty expensive. The next season would also be out of the Westworld setting. So, if the cast schedule can be coordinated (Harris and Hopkins probably have other jobs in the works), then maybe September of 2017 would be the earliest --unless some episodes have already been written and filmed. January 2018 seems reasonable, especially if it's good.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 pm

ugh, read a spoiler. cannot continue with this thread... someone should put [spoilers] in the thread title. :D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 pm

I think that if you haven't seen the episode, there haven't been any spoilers. Really, you won't know what happens.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Yeah I tried to be careful in that regard... Don't think I let any slip.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Ford (Anthony Hopkins)'s goodbye to Bernard in the church had some interesting insights as well ("Arnold's key insight").
Warning: spoilers here - http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/06/westworld-actually-thoughtful-meditation-suffering-consciousness/
Last edited by chud on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 pm

wellllll..... no spoilers .....
at first Season 3 Episode 1: I was like, "this is hard to watch AIs threaten us when viruses threaten us so much more at the moment"

but starting Episode 3 and it's starting to be fantastic again...
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:57 pm

Was going to hold my tongue but whatever.

I watched most of season I but with all the voilence I got kind of bored.

I enjoy the writing and the dialogues but felt that there are times when they seem to be trying to fill time.

Saying that my favorite is the fact that Westworld brings out people's true nature. It kind of reminds me of what is happening with Covid 19. I see some people trying to make the world better and others just looking out for themselves and their own interests not caring how many people die.

Anyway, definitely worth watching. If I wasn't working I would probably watch it all for the entertainment value. I like the way they got the native American warriors down.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:56 am

Season 3 is a totally different plotline, but it definitely still has this same theme of people's true nature.

For sure, I appreciate you working instead, but if anybody has time for this show, check it out again!
everything
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:24 pm

everything wrote:Season 3 is a totally different plotline, but it definitely still has this same theme of people's true nature.

For sure, I appreciate you working instead, but if anybody has time for this show, check it out again!

Hmmm...

Maybe I will jump to Season 3.

All good series have a way of changing gears. Just like Narcos Mexico was different from Narcos (Columbia).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 pm

season 3 ended. man that was fantastic!
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:37 pm

so......

season 4 is actually pretty fantastic, even though at first it seemed terrible (it's very, very difficult to tell what is happening. is it real? etc.) what makes it bad, apparently, turns out to be what makes it really good.
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic