News Under the Covid radar

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

News Under the Covid radar

Postby Trick on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:01 am

USA has given Greenland an supporting check of 12,1 million$. They turned directly to Greenlands local government and did not deal with Denmark beforehand, which now has upset the Danish government.
Is the US trying to annex Greenland ? Then for what reasons ? Potential oil findings, expanding it territory, or is it just a good hearted intention toward the Greenlanders?
Seemingly, US$$$ still talks.
Trick

Re: News Under the Covid radar

Postby GrahamB on Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:50 am

Massive golf course.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:04 am

GrahamB wrote:Massive golf course.

bahahahaaaa! +1
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby grzegorz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:21 pm

I agree that there is a lot happening under the Covid radar. Trump blew it with his usual diplomatic relations through Twitter and is using money to apologize. In his view money solves everything.

Michael wrote:Massive underground golf course in the Project Iceworm Air Force doomsday bunker, where Bill Gates has his heirloom seed vault

No not Bill Gates!

My conspiracy theory floating cousin is absolutely obsessed with Bill Gates.

I will just tap out now....
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Speaking of Denmark.

Watch "Fox News Tried Going After Denmark. Big Mistake. | NowThis" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/JXecLXlzEXE

A year old but still funny since now FOX News loves Sweden suddenly.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:28 am

Maybe Trump actually has the right to claim Greenland, he seem to be of Danish royalty.....and Norwegian royal too, so he might as well go for Iceland too...Or all Scandinavia https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/cult ... _and_dani/
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:31 am

As for B.Gates he probably digging at the poles hoping to find the THING, maybe he already found it, he might be it, and want to turn us into his small little things...Here you all take this little thing I call vaccine.
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:11 pm

All things being equal "us" Americans are obsessed with celebrities but for me Bill Gates is nothing more than an extremely successful tekkie and businessman.

My cousin works for Hollywood and seems to have a strong love/hate relationship with these people. I deliver to the 1% in one of the top 10 richest cities in the country. Essentially a Belivery Hills of the bay area but to me it's no big deal. I don't care who you are or how much money you make I treat my customers the same way I treat everybody. American, non-American, English speaking or not, rich or poor, I don't give a damn about them or Bill Gates and I am all the happier for it. ;D
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Here you all take this little thing I call vaccine.

Why wouldn't you trust Bill Gates? It's not like he's been saying for years he wants to use vaccines to reduce the population, which he says needs to be reduced anyway to make the big, bad carbon monster stay under your bed.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:26 pm

You guys sound just like my cousin. -lol-

Let me guess? Facebook right?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill- ... opulation/

Not as sexy as depopulation but the fact is countries with good health-care have less babies because the babies almost always make it to adulthood.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Let me get this straight. Good health care results in fewer babies because of lower infant (0-5 years, let's say) mortality rate?

Can you explain how good health care is the only or even the main factor?

Does this presume people only want 2-3 children and once they're born and there is a great likelihood of their survival they simply decide to stop? Because of health care?

I think this depends on a big presumption I've given and ignores many other factors. I really do not think these two things even follow when considering human nature, but they probably make sense to bean counters.

Besides numerically hedging your bets, are there any other reasons people want more than 2 children?

Also, why are birth rates below 2 in countries with the best health care? This is below replacement and illogical even to bean counters. Answering this question sheds some light on the human reasons involved.

EDIT: As Steve pointed out, my writing is shit these days. Hope you can make sense of this.
Last edited by Michael on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Believe whatever you want to Mike.

It's all good bro!

I am happy and you are happy.

You posted a conspiracy, snopes shot you down and I really don't care.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 pm

Michael wrote:Let me get this straight. Good health care results in fewer babies because of lower infant (0-5 years, let's say) mortality rate?

Can you explain how good health care is the only or even the main factor?

From the link Greg posted:

You will also casually hear him promoting HEALTH CARE and REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES, to accomplish that same goal.

I mean, this is so obvious that sometimes I feel you guys are purposefully being obtuse. Same goes for whatever web you are spinning on the other thread.

In societies where women have access to education, reproductive health care, and reproductive rights, there is a stabilization of population growth, an increase in wealth, and an increase in well being for persons in that society.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Ian, the disconnect is whether or not you consider reproductive rights part of health care, or if you consider abortion part of health care. Gates does.

In societies where women have access to education, reproductive health care, and reproductive rights, there is a stabilization of population growth, an increase in wealth, and an increase in well being for persons in that society.

You're taking a very subjective ribbon and bow, so to speak, of "well being for persons in that society" and using it to tie up the package preceding it in your sentence as if all of those things are empirically desirable and good, when they are in some serious gray areas.

Here is something empirical: how does reducing your birth rate to below replacement increase well being for persons in society, or for the society overall?

Why is not proliferating your society numerically a higher priority than whatever you meant by "well being" and "reproductive rights"? For example, one of the few groups in the USA who have a high birth rate are Amish. They probably don't qualify on the three points you mention—access to education, reproductive health care, and reproductive rights—but how is their "well being"? I think it's much, much higher than among those who do qualify with your three points.
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic