News Under the Covid radar

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: News Under the Covid radar

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 am

Yesterday I read about that pentagon finally confirm the authenticity of UFO footage by navy personnel from 2004 and 2015

Another explanation is supernatural influence.

10 Reasons Why Aliens Are Actually Fallen Angels or Demons
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:36 am

Michael wrote:
Yesterday I read about that pentagon finally confirm the authenticity of UFO footage by navy personnel from 2004 and 2015

Another explanation is supernatural influence.

10 Reasons Why Aliens Are Actually Fallen Angels or Demons

Hey, there’s some quite interesting articles linked to in that link, this one https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph ... -Damnation that could how BG made it......Gates of Hell
Trick

Postby Giles on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:37 am

Trick wrote:You answer, you began to slip into some kind of eugenics favor.

No, absolutely not. Fun/satirical thread aside, that is nonsense and in view of what eugenics actually means, and how it was sometimes applied in the past century, I find that insulting. Please show in what way I have said anything in favour of eugenics.

(Please in line with a verifiable definition of eugenics, not some kind of thought porridge like 'Eugenics means influencing population development and we know B.Gates is a eugenicist and you seemed to be defending his vaccincation program while we know he's an evil mastermind...')
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Sat May 02, 2020 7:56 am

Michael wrote:Here is a big part of the explanation that I suspect you will not find interesting or persuasive, which is fine, but here it is.

CIA operative Miles Copeland, Jr., the father of Police drummer Steward Copeland, spent a lot of time in Egypt and wrote in his book "Game of Nations: The Amorality of Popwer Politics" that in order to decrease the birth rate of Egypt, it was decided that it should be industrialized because introducing American culture, Hollywood, Bond movies, etc., would inevitably result in a smaller population.

In fact, this was just reported amidst a livestream of two people discussing the topics of this very thread: covid and b. gates.

Begin around the 34 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kryWg8s9CR8

Okay, some aspects make perfect sense in that there are ‘powers behind the throne’ i.e. a president is not the only or even ‘most powerful’ decision-maker, but that other forces can also determine events. A degree of scepticism about American or ‘democratic’ motives for political and/or economic interventions is certainly justified. Really bad CIA stuff over the decades, for instance, and to what extent is provided aid really altruistic and to what extent is it intended to further American or Western influence? A combination of the two can also be possible, seeing as how reality is almost never black and white, but with many shades of gray. And when it comes to self-serving, often dubious American influence, international corporations influence, fossil fuels industry influence, Russian influence, Chinese influence, Catholic influence, fundamentalist Protestant influence, Israeli influence, Iranian influence, Saudi influence etc. etc. etc. – there’s a lot of nasty, destructive, negative stuff going down in many places.
But from there, in my view, it quickly goes into wack-job territory. “What’s really happening in the world, so much evil, so much degeneracy, cannot be explained by the human realm alone. ... The Biblical explanation ultimately makes more sense...”. Nothing against Christianity or any other faith, or a spiritual world view! The problem comes when you start interpreting and explaining things like economics, politics, public health and so on through this single lens. Actually Christ said something pretty sensible here: “Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, render unto God what is God’s”. Dyer renders differently.

After listening to the first 10 minutes or so, I moved to 35:00. And here once more it’s the typical “THEY” are manipulating, because THEY are going to benefit and control. At one point the “deepest” explanation for population control is touched on – it’s about killing off most people and then the elites will work out how to make their own lives longer and then....”
(well, then he breaks off. Obvously the “elites” will live happily ever after, and they won’t even have to do their own cleaning, despite all the normal or poor people having been exterminated, because they’ll have cleaning robots. Yay!! Yes, the colored section is my ironic extrapolation, but it isn’t much less off-center than what these two gentlemen are arguing.)

“Reducing birthrates” is equated with “destroying nations and families”. At this point I didn’t know whether to facepalm, laugh out loud or scream. Because, to spell it out, this equation is illogical, stupid and ultimately pernicious. I don’t doubt that Dyer has a high IQ and that he has a lot of knowledge. But high intelligence isn’t the deciding factor when an intelligent person is arguing from a closed-loop vision. It clearly doesn’t stop him from taking any kind of argument or information and pushing or pulling it to fit and underpin his vision. Like many conspiracy peeps, even the ones with a higher IQ, you can soon tell that his theory (in the more academic/scientific sense) is a Bed of Procrustes, with each item of information being stretched or chopped up so that it will fit. ‘Fit’. I could speculate about what issues, including his (strong?) Christian world view, prompt an intelligent person to take this approach but that would, indeed, be speculation. So I won’t.

Finally, I’d remark that some of what he says, especially on reporting about what other people have said or more interesting written, is certainly interesting. But for the aforementioned reasons he fundamentally discredits himself as an “authority” or as someone with a persuasive “vision”. (Vision in the academic sense, not in the sense of envisaging tentacled monsters or horned anti-Christs rise from the deep on the day all the bad stuff of the deep state finally comes home to roost). And hence I won’t take any more time to follow up, on this basis alone, the things he references. My time is too short, and his credibility is, for me, far too low.

I certainly found it interesting and educational to view part of this video, and for that I say thanks, Michael. (Seriously). But possibly on a different level to the one you intended ;)
Giles
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon May 04, 2020 12:57 am

Giles, I certainly appreciate you checking the video, but I hope you didn't spend too much time on that. I only wanted to make a point about lowering birth rates from around the 34 minute mark that is written about in the memoirs of a famous CIA officer. As you noted, their worldview is significantly different from yours. And their intended audience for that livestream is somewhat exclusive. But anyway, thanks again for giving it a try. :)
Michael

Postby Giles on Mon May 04, 2020 1:36 am

Welcome :-)
"Lowering birth rates" is principally a good thing. For humanity, for the world. Lowering birth rates in almost any country that doesn't already have negative population growth (and even sometimes then) will in the long term benefit that country itself. When one considers the ongoing consequences of overpopulation for individual countries and for the world as a whole, I think that can safely be called a no-brainer. Through better living conditions, reduced poverty, improved education, emancipation and job opportunities (especially for women) etc. etc. Just to spell it out (not so much for you but maybe for some other people) that is a completely separate issue from strategies or philosophies such as eugenics, forcing people to have less children, sterilizing people, making people ill or killing them (which apart from the obvious evil is in the long term also counterproductive).

Hell, I even think that mass spraying of infertility drugs from high-flying commercial airliners is a little questionable. ;)
Giles
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon May 04, 2020 2:06 am

Briefly, I totally disagree with you, which is why I was asking this question earlier about your basic assumptions on lowering birth rates.

When one considers the ongoing consequences of overpopulation for individual countries and for the world as a whole, I think that can safely be called a no-brainer. Through better living conditions, reduced poverty, improved education, emancipation and job opportunities (especially for women) etc. etc.

Does this set of things you've listed relate to lowered birth rates? What relationship are you implying? What is the birth rate where they can not co-exist?

For the world as a whole, I have not seen any argument that has proven to be true, and these have been coming for hundreds of years just since Malthus. All of these arguments contained implicit or explicit predictions that have been proven false.

For a specific country for a specific time, then specific examples can be given. For example, China. The one-child policy has proven itself to be a disaster and for what? It was not necessary to prevent starvation. Starvation was ended by the death of a dictator who sold his country's food for weapons while tens of millions starved to death. After he died, poverty and starvation were ended through the most obvious means and had nothing to do with aborting something like 300 million babies, a significant majority of whom were girls.

Just to spell it out (not so much for you but maybe for some other people) that is a completely separate issue from strategies or philosophies such as eugenics, forcing people to have less children, sterilizing people, making people ill or killing them (which apart from the obvious evil is in the long term also counterproductive).

The problem is that the powerful people and institutions who have pushed population control have made up hoaxes or simply been wrong in order to justify the idea of de-population, several in my lifetime alone, all proven to be false, such as the population bomb and the coming ice age (Paul Erlich).
Michael

Postby Giles on Mon May 04, 2020 5:53 am

Hey Michael,
Thanks for you input and points. I think I'm going to have to leave it here. It's an interesting and (for the world) relevant issue; to some extent I guess we might not be totally far apart (I certainly never advocated or 'approve of' the one-child policy, and its collateral damage, although I can understand what background factors prompted the idea). I think we both want the best for people and the world. In other respects I could debate the matter further with you, contest or reframe some of the points you just made, and, in itself, that would be interesting and probably educational for me, I might gain more knowledge or learn to appreciate your perspective more. But as a working person and family person (and MA training person), my time, energy and emotional resources are not great enough. And in the meantime it's not even about the corona world. So I'll bow out on this one.
All the best, G.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon May 04, 2020 11:59 am

Giles, if only my writing in my mother tongue were as good on this forum as yours in a second language, then the dialog would be more efficient and profitable. Cheers!
Michael

Postby Giles on Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 am

Thanks, Michael, but I have to admit: I'm English :-)
But I've lived in Germany for a long time.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue May 05, 2020 4:17 pm

I feel better.
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 pm

If India can get over its byzantine idiocracy of a bureaucracy it will be well poised to pickup a lot of business from China.

Indian pharmaceutical production has long been the second source for generics abroad, I'd expect this to become the primary source in the near future.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ving-china
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu May 07, 2020 12:21 am

Peacedog wrote:
Indian pharmaceutical production has long been the second source for generics abroad, I'd expect this to become the primary source in the near future.

There’s probably a huge lower cast population to be used as test subjects, same time as they are super cheap labour too. B.Gates has had his fingers in India for some time now
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Mon May 11, 2020 10:11 am

Trick, the production that will be moving is largely generics. No testing needed.

But on another note. The great unfuckining begins!

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/05/11/ap ... -to-india/
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon May 11, 2020 10:22 am

Would be nice if they just moved it back to the USA for a proper de-farkingation.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic