Ma bao guo vs sanda

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Ma bao guo vs sanda

Postby Subitai on Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Does it really need to be said... ?

Either you train to fight or not...but never assume you can fight.

https://youtu.be/c5PUFJ5Tq44
Subitai
Huajing

Re: Ma bao guo vs sanda

Postby Strange on Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm

If it was a competition of theories, i think the sanda guy get knock down in 3 secs.
but don't misunderstand me, i am not saying that theories are not important
but as in everything, there must be a balance.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Trip on Sun May 17, 2020 11:31 pm

I don't understand why anybody let that fight happen.
I really don't understand why it wasn't stopped after the first knock down.
Sad.
I hope the old guy is all right.
Trip
Wuji

Postby Giles on Mon May 18, 2020 2:48 am

Yes, painful on several different levels. Even seeing the way he walks around the fight area before it begins (i.e. his gait) shows that he's going to lose. And coming to an actual fight in silks...?

How can someone like this be so delusional about himself? From the way he moves and how he got tagged each time, I would doubt that he even spent the previous couple of weeks trying to get himself up to speed in some way, with some kind of sparring partner. That's a serious question: my own experience with tai chi trained by Chinese people in Asia was in Malaysia (Zheng Manjing-style), and those (older) guys could really fight, even if that doesn't mean they were superhuman. I guess some of you here can suggest an answer or two...
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Tom on Mon May 18, 2020 10:09 am

Ma Bao Guo had a bit of a following in the UK from 2004-2006. His background includes basic army H2H, xingyi, and Chen Taiji from a guy who started with Chen Zhaokui then followed Feng Zhiqiang after CZK passed away. From [url]http://www.hunyuantaiji.co.uk/pages/lineage/master-ma.php[/:url]

Master Ma Baoguo was born in a traditional martial arts family in China and began practicing martial arts from a very early age. In 1970 at the age of 17 he enlisted in the army joining the Chinese Marine Corps. Whilst in the army he underwent strict training in fighting and Qinna (locking and anti-locking). In 1976, when his
commission ended he left the army to continue his practice of Chinese martial arts.

In 1982, he became a student of Master Shangji a well-known exponent of Xingyiquan (mind-body boxing). After three years, because of his rapid progress, Master Shangji recommended Ma Baoguo to Master Wang
Changhai in order to learn Taijiquan.

Master Ma also had the good fortunate to learn Gongfu from a rather enigmatic master, Guo Shenghai. Master Guo was a consultant for the Chinese special bodyguard group whose responsibility was to protect
the leaders of the Chinese government. Master Ma studied Wudang and Ermei Gonfu with Master Guo and gained many skills including Qinna (locking and anti-locking) and Dian Xue (attack points of body).

After many years of practice and study, Master Ma absorbed three skilled Masters Gongfu and integrated this knowledge into his Taijiquan. As a consequence Master Ma's Taijiquan is very practical.

Ma Bao Guo over the years did some "interesting" things with whatever he'd learned from his teachers. His movement has always struck me as rather odd and inefficient. In viewing video clips from his past, it seems like Ma missed the point of Hunyuan, exaggerating certain things in an unbalanced way and winding up with overtly disconnected movement. In this particular incident Ma walked and moved like a man 15 years older than he is or suffering from a neurological condition.

I don't know who regulates these unfortunate circuses in the PRC. Should Ma have been allowed to fight in a "challenge" match? The pathetic outcome shows that Ma's taijiquan is not "very practical."

For those concerned with the tarnishing of Feng Zhiqiang's Hunyuan Xinyi Liuhe Chenshi Taijiquan legacy by Ma's alleged "gatekeeper" status, they need not be. It's been many years since Feng's taijiquan group trained the art for practical fighting or self-defense. Their primary concern since at least 2000 has been neigong and the cultivation of health.
Tom
Administrator

Postby .Q. on Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 pm

I read at one point he challenged Zhang Weili to a fight. She thought he was joking because he's an old man and declined to fight him.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby C.J.W. on Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Other than the Parkinsonian footwork, the complete lack of body and head movements (I.e., shenfa) is disturbing to me too.

Having said that, I guess what I find even more disturbing is the fact that a self-proclaimed phone master like him actually believed he could handle a trained combat sport fighter and accepted the challenge!
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby C.J.W. on Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 am

Just saw a clip of this Taiji master demonstrating his deadly special move known as "5 whips." ;)

[youtube] https://youtu.be/4hRNG4VYcLc[/youtube]
Last edited by C.J.W. on Fri May 22, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 am

I would be looking to see where he hides his bottle.
roger hao
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Fri May 22, 2020 11:35 am

Tom wrote:Ma Bao Guo had a bit of a following in the UK from 2004-2006. His background includes basic army H2H, xingyi, and Chen Taiji from a guy who started with Chen Zhaokui then followed Feng Zhiqiang after CZK passed away. From [url]http://www.hunyuantaiji.co.uk/pages/lineage/master-ma.php[/:url]

Master Ma Baoguo was born in a traditional martial arts family in China and began practicing martial arts from a very early age. In 1970 at the age of 17 he enlisted in the army joining the Chinese Marine Corps. Whilst in the army he underwent strict training in fighting and Qinna (locking and anti-locking). In 1976, when his
commission ended he left the army to continue his practice of Chinese martial arts.

In 1982, he became a student of Master Shangji a well-known exponent of Xingyiquan (mind-body boxing). After three years, because of his rapid progress, Master Shangji recommended Ma Baoguo to Master Wang
Changhai in order to learn Taijiquan.

Master Ma also had the good fortunate to learn Gongfu from a rather enigmatic master, Guo Shenghai. Master Guo was a consultant for the Chinese special bodyguard group whose responsibility was to protect
the leaders of the Chinese government. Master Ma studied Wudang and Ermei Gonfu with Master Guo and gained many skills including Qinna (locking and anti-locking) and Dian Xue (attack points of body).

After many years of practice and study, Master Ma absorbed three skilled Masters Gongfu and integrated this knowledge into his Taijiquan. As a consequence Master Ma's Taijiquan is very practical.

Ma Bao Guo over the years did some "interesting" things with whatever he'd learned from his teachers. His movement has always struck me as rather odd and inefficient. In viewing video clips from his past, it seems like Ma missed the point of Hunyuan, exaggerating certain things in an unbalanced way and winding up with overtly disconnected movement. In this particular incident Ma walked and moved like a man 15 years older than he is or suffering from a neurological condition.

I don't know who regulates these unfortunate circuses in the PRC. Should Ma have been allowed to fight in a "challenge" match? The pathetic outcome shows that Ma's taijiquan is not "very practical."

For those concerned with the tarnishing of Feng Zhiqiang's Hunyuan Xinyi Liuhe Chenshi Taijiquan legacy by Ma's alleged "gatekeeper" status, they need not be. It's been many years since Feng's taijiquan group trained the art for practical fighting or self-defense. Their primary concern since at least 2000 has been neigong and the cultivation of health.

I believe the issue is more that his background is not remotely what he claims it is-- at all. If I recall correctly, he was discussed a long time ago here on RSF, where it was discovered that he did not and never has had any affiliation with Feng's Hunyuan taiji. I could be wrong-- I'm terrible with names, but remember the shitty shenfa. According to a statement put out by the Hunyuan society (Graham may have posted it in the other thread, I know he did on fb), there have been a number of lawsuits prior to this whole mess to try and force him to stop claiming his false affiliation. Fighty or not, no one wants to be associated with frauds and idiots (which is why I'm always amazed that people still talk to me. Occasionally...).
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue May 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Respect to Master Ma for getting out there and testing his skills.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Video Links